PDA

View Full Version : The turning point....

OpIv37
12-26-2010, 01:36 PM
... was Andy Levitre's false start penalty.

At the time, the Bills were up 3-0 and were running the ball down the Pats' throats. But being in 1st and 15 takes the run off the table. Bills go 3 and out, Moorman muffs the punt. /game

It's amazing how a 5 yard penalty can have so much impact.

Thurmal
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Fitz's fumble probably swung the game more. Or even Johnson's brainfart by not dragging his second foot in the endzone during the first "touchdown."

SquishDaFish
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Turning point of the game is going to be halftime adjustments. We are going to make it a game in 2nd half. :gobills:

Coach Sal
12-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Fitz's stupid decision with the fotball and subsequent fumble while in the red zone on a nice drive was much more destructive to this game. Easily took points off the board. Maybe 7.

Novacane
12-26-2010, 01:39 PM
It would not have made a difference. They are a much better team than us and would have shown that regardless of that false start.

OpIv37
12-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Turning point of the game is going to be halftime adjustments. We are going to make it a game in 2nd half. :gobills:

and I'm going to simultaneously win the lottery and get struck by lightning.

psubills62
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
The turning point was in 2000, unfortunately.

The penalties have really killed drives. Unfortunately, the lack of penalties on NE has managed to sustain drives for them.

jamze132
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Superjoint Ritual had a nice little song called "The Turning Point". Of course it takes a superjoint to watch the Bills today.

YardRat
12-26-2010, 02:19 PM
If we can't overcome a simple 5 yard penalty early in the game we deserve to get our asses handed to us.

Owen DeBoard
12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
I would say the turning point was Gailey giving up on the run too early. Jackson was running wild in that first drive.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-26-2010, 03:36 PM

The penalties have really killed drives. Unfortunately, the lack of penalties on NE has managed to sustain drives for them.

I disagree. i think the turning point was on feb 4, 1993.. or whatever day we fired Bill Polian.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 04:46 PM
The turning point was when the Patriots plane got into Buffalo before the blizzard hit.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 05:01 PM

i would say 2001 when we got rid of aj smith and john butler...if you compare butler/aj drafts from 93-00 to 01-09 its not even close....

93- thomas smith
john parrella
94-jeff burris
sam rogers
95-ruben brown
marlon kerner
ken irvin
damien covington
tom nutten
darrick holmes
john holecek
96- eric moulds
gabe northern
matt stevens
sean moran
jay riemersma
dusty zeigler
97- antowain smith
marcellus wiley
jamie nails
98- sam cowart
jonathan linton
99- antoine winfield
peerless price
shawn bryson
keith newman
jay foreman
bryce fisher
00- sammy morris

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 05:04 PM
29 hits on good players in 7 years drafting. how many hits do we have from 01-09?

YardRat
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
29 hits on good players in 7 years drafting. how many hits do we have from 01-09?

Your post is ****ing whacked if you think that list details 29 'hits'.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 09:11 PM
name one player that wasnt a quality starter from the list i gave??

either way its wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better than the past 10 years

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Your post is ****ing whacked if you think that list details 29 'hits'.

all u need to know about his list is it had Jamie Nails on it.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
all u need to know about his list is it had Jamie Nails on it.

jamie nails was a starting guard on the 2002 miami dolphins, the number 1 rushing team in the nfl that year....

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:14 PM
jamie nails was a starting guard on the 2002 miami dolphins, the number 1 rushing team in the nfl that year....

jamie nails was hot garbage..as a Bill...and lukewarm garbage penalty machine for the gayfish

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 09:15 PM
jamie nails was hot garbage..as a Bill...and lukewarm garbage penalty machine for the gayfish

dude, he was a really good blocker. seriously not everyone is larry allen.

YardRat
12-26-2010, 09:16 PM
name one player that wasnt a quality starter from the list i gave??

either way its wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better than the past 10 years

Please...Let's at least be realistic.

93- thomas smith
john parrella
94-jeff burris
sam rogers
95-ruben brown
marlon kerner
ken irvin
damien covington
tom nutten
darrick holmes
john holecek
96- eric moulds
gabe northern
matt stevens
sean moran
jay riemersma
dusty zeigler
97- antowain smith
marcellus wiley
jamie nails
98- sam cowart
jonathan linton
99- antoine winfield
peerless price
shawn bryson
keith newman
jay foreman
bryce fisher
00- sammy morris

13...Maybe, tops...

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
dude, he was a really good blocker. seriously not everyone is larry allen.
dude..aren't u mitchell55? which would make u a pretty young guy..not really old enough to remember how ****ty jamie nails was..dont take my word for it ask a dolphag fan.

then u put bryce fisher, Linton, bryson, gabe northern...these were all stocking stuffer guys...not real u know ....gifts..

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 09:42 PM
dude..aren't u mitchell55? which would make u a pretty young guy..not really old enough to remember how ****ty jamie nails was..dont take my word for it ask a dolphag fan.

then u put bryce fisher, Linton, bryson, gabe northern...these were all stocking stuffer guys...not real u know ....gifts..

im john from michigan

Cleve
12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
... was Andy Levitre's false start penalty.

At the time, the Bills were up 3-0 and were running the ball down the Pats' throats. But being in 1st and 15 takes the run off the table. Bills go 3 and out, Moorman muffs the punt. /game

It's amazing how a 5 yard penalty can have so much impact.

Usually I agree with you on many points, OpIv, but not on this one. This false start didn't cause Ryan Fitzpatrick to turnover the ball 5 times, 3 times on interceptions. The false start didn't cause Spiller to suck donkey balls either.
The false start didn't allow the Patriots to average a whopping 5.3 yards per carry, and grind out nearly 220 yards of rushing.

The Buffalo Bills looked completely inept and outclassed today. The Bills looked like a 4-12 team. The Patriots, BTW, had exactly the same number of penalties and penalty yards assessed to them. The difference is, the Patriots didn't let a few penalties stop them. The Bills did.

OpIv37
12-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Usually I agree with you on many points, OpIv, but not on this one. This false start didn't cause Ryan Fitzpatrick to turnover the ball 5 times, 3 times on interceptions. The false start didn't cause Spiller to suck donkey balls either.
The false start didn't allow the Patriots to average a whopping 5.3 yards per carry, and grind out nearly 220 yards of rushing.

The Buffalo Bills looked completely inept and outclassed today. The Bills looked like a 4-12 team. The Patriots, BTW, had exactly the same number of penalties and penalty yards assessed to them. The difference is, the Patriots didn't let a few penalties stop them. The Bills did.
The false start put the ball in Brady's hand with a short field and led to the go-ahead score from which the Bills never recovered. It cost the Bills their confidence and their game plan. The Patriots have the mental toughness to overcome a mistake or two. We don't.

psubills62
12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Man, you guys sure know how to ruin an already bad joke.

HAMMER
12-27-2010, 07:33 AM
I would say the turning point was Gailey giving up on the run too early. Jackson was running wild in that first drive.

The Pats were in a nickel D to open the game. In the second series they changed to 8 in the box and challenged us to throw which we didn't do too well today.

Mad Max
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
The Pats were in a nickel D to open the game. In the second series they changed to 8 in the box and challenged us to throw which we didn't do too well today.

So I just installed google goggles and was trying it out when I saw your avatar. So I give it a try an lo and behold, it worked! I now know that it's Elisha cuthbert from "24". Gotta love technology, I had no clue it was her.... She just looked like some random euro hottie.