• Sep 2002

Refs suck again

How can they not make these calls??

"Just give it to them."
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Refs suck again

It's borderline rigged. Lack of penalties today is getting out of hand.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Bills suck way worse than the refs.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

It's pathetic. There were a number of holding calls that they let go. The tuck rule on fitz's first fumble.

Comment

• zone
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          • Oct 2003

not to mention 3 overlooked helmet to helmet hits.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

i think Fitz's 5 turnovers and Spiller's 2 more had more to do with this loss then the refs.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

I have 1 question... Spiller's 1st fumble. No question the ball came loose. But the whistle blew before it was recovered. That being the case, isn't the play dead with the ball returning to the Bills... PERIOD!!?

Unlike a couple weeks ago... The whistle blew after the Bills recovered and before it was taken to the endzone. We got the ball after review... But we didn't get the TD.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

It may have only been 27-3 if we could have gotten a couple of those holding calls.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Proof the refs did not rig the game... Brady was touched without penalty.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    i think Fitz's 5 turnovers and Spiller's 2 more had more to do with this loss then the refs.
                    I'd certainly agree with the above, but the officiating was poor, again, today. Some pretty obvious stuff missed, illegal leading with the helmet being let go a lot. Holding was also let go a lot.

Another observation I would make, is that better teams 'play' the officials much better, in terms of working out what they can get away with, where. This would go across a lot of sports btw, not just football.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

This happens every year. I looked at the stats a couple of years back. In all these games the Pats get called for a ridiculously small number of penalties (3 or less). There is officiating shenanigans going on and because of the NFL's gag order on criticizing officials no one is able to call them out on it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Every week this thread occurs. Do people really believe there is some conspiracy theory against the Bills via the refs?

People who ***** about not getting holding calls don't know football, on every play in football holding happens on both sides of the ball.

The refs are going to miss calls, every game. But they are never going to be the reason you lose or win a game, they are simply people's excuses.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          I have 1 question... Spiller's 1st fumble. No question the ball came loose. But the whistle blew before it was recovered. That being the case, isn't the play dead with the ball returning to the Bills... PERIOD!!?

Unlike a couple weeks ago... The whistle blew after the Bills recovered and before it was taken to the endzone. We got the ball after review... But we didn't get the TD.

they changed the rule last year...

basically, since the refs are supposed to blow the whistle if the ball is dead, fumbles which were not called fumbles on the field were unreviewable.

In order to make them reviewable, they had to change the rules for recovering a football after a whistle.

Now... IF there is clear and irrefutable evidence of who recovered a lost ball after a whistle (no dog pile, obvious clear line of sight recovery)... AND the recovery happened almost immediately around the time the whistle was blown (within a second or two) then the ball is proven through replay to be fumbled, the ball will be given to the recovering team at the spot of the recovery (the ball can't be advanced after the whistle is blown)
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Every week this thread occurs. Do people really believe there is some conspiracy theory against the Bills via the refs?
                            Just when the Pats are in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Otherwise the refs have pretty much played it straight. But blow the trends off all you want.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

The holdings not being called were eye popping , defense got around the lineman tackle kinda holds. It was absurd. Then their DBS weren't even turning around and making contact and no calls. Drayton Florence had a 4 week string getting called on the same ****. The pats are untouchable.

Comment

Working...
                              X