PDA

View Full Version : Refs suck again

Mr. Miyagi
12-26-2010, 02:05 PM
How can they not make these calls??

"Just give it to them."

BillsWin
12-26-2010, 02:07 PM
It's borderline rigged. Lack of penalties today is getting out of hand.

Novacane
12-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Bills suck way worse than the refs.

trapezeus
12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
It's pathetic. There were a number of holding calls that they let go. The tuck rule on fitz's first fumble.

zone
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
not to mention 3 overlooked helmet to helmet hits.

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 05:06 PM
i think Fitz's 5 turnovers and Spiller's 2 more had more to do with this loss then the refs.

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I have 1 question... Spiller's 1st fumble. No question the ball came loose. But the whistle blew before it was recovered. That being the case, isn't the play dead with the ball returning to the Bills... PERIOD!!?

Unlike a couple weeks ago... The whistle blew after the Bills recovered and before it was taken to the endzone. We got the ball after review... But we didn't get the TD.

Novacane
12-26-2010, 05:10 PM
It may have only been 27-3 if we could have gotten a couple of those holding calls. :rolleyes:

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Proof the refs did not rig the game... Brady was touched without penalty.

Buddo
12-26-2010, 05:17 PM
i think Fitz's 5 turnovers and Spiller's 2 more had more to do with this loss then the refs.

I'd certainly agree with the above, but the officiating was poor, again, today. Some pretty obvious stuff missed, illegal leading with the helmet being let go a lot. Holding was also let go a lot.

Another observation I would make, is that better teams 'play' the officials much better, in terms of working out what they can get away with, where. This would go across a lot of sports btw, not just football.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
This happens every year. I looked at the stats a couple of years back. In all these games the Pats get called for a ridiculously small number of penalties (3 or less). There is officiating shenanigans going on and because of the NFL's gag order on criticizing officials no one is able to call them out on it.

DraftBoy
12-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Every week this thread occurs. Do people really believe there is some conspiracy theory against the Bills via the refs?

People who ***** about not getting holding calls don't know football, on every play in football holding happens on both sides of the ball.

The refs are going to miss calls, every game. But they are never going to be the reason you lose or win a game, they are simply people's excuses.

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I have 1 question... Spiller's 1st fumble. No question the ball came loose. But the whistle blew before it was recovered. That being the case, isn't the play dead with the ball returning to the Bills... PERIOD!!?

Unlike a couple weeks ago... The whistle blew after the Bills recovered and before it was taken to the endzone. We got the ball after review... But we didn't get the TD.

they changed the rule last year...

basically, since the refs are supposed to blow the whistle if the ball is dead, fumbles which were not called fumbles on the field were unreviewable.

In order to make them reviewable, they had to change the rules for recovering a football after a whistle.

Now... IF there is clear and irrefutable evidence of who recovered a lost ball after a whistle (no dog pile, obvious clear line of sight recovery)... AND the recovery happened almost immediately around the time the whistle was blown (within a second or two) then the ball is proven through replay to be fumbled, the ball will be given to the recovering team at the spot of the recovery (the ball can't be advanced after the whistle is blown)

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Every week this thread occurs. Do people really believe there is some conspiracy theory against the Bills via the refs?
Just when the Pats are in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Otherwise the refs have pretty much played it straight. But blow the trends off all you want.

trapezeus
12-27-2010, 12:16 AM
The holdings not being called were eye popping , defense got around the lineman tackle kinda holds. It was absurd. Then their DBS weren't even turning around and making contact and no calls. Drayton Florence had a 4 week string getting called on the same ****. The pats are untouchable.

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 01:20 AM

People who ***** about not getting holding calls don't know football, on every play in football holding happens on both sides of the ball.

The refs are going to miss calls, every game. But they are never going to be the reason you lose or win a game, they are simply people's excuses.

There is no conspiracy against the Bills, it's a fetish for the Patriots.

Woodheads TD could have been easily been stopped by Poz, but he was blatantly held. That bothers me.

Brady and his Patriots get some love in the playoffs with the tuck rule. Fitzpatricks arm is clearly going forward in a throwing motion, and it's Patriots ball on a fumble.

I usually agree with you DB, but today was different. The refs missed a lot of easy calls. I can see the *****ing about miniscule calls against many teams as annoying, but it's different when it's the Patsies*. I saw some helmet to helmet (on BOTH sides of the ball), I saw Mayo headhunting, I saw some bad non-calls.

Some vanilla calls against the Bills before the blowout, and some non calls against the Patsies. Check my history, I never complain about penalties.

The biggest thing we can agree on, is an NFL offensive lineman who isn't going to get stupid calls against him like Wrotto and Pears.

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 07:29 AM
There is no conspiracy against the Bills, it's a fetish for the Patriots.

Woodheads TD could have been easily been stopped by Poz, but he was blatantly held. That bothers me.

Brady and his Patriots get some love in the playoffs with the tuck rule. Fitzpatricks arm is clearly going forward in a throwing motion, and it's Patriots ball on a fumble.

I usually agree with you DB, but today was different. The refs missed a lot of easy calls. I can see the *****ing about miniscule calls against many teams as annoying, but it's different when it's the Patsies*. I saw some helmet to helmet (on BOTH sides of the ball), I saw Mayo headhunting, I saw some bad non-calls.

Some vanilla calls against the Bills before the blowout, and some non calls against the Patsies. Check my history, I never complain about penalties.

The biggest thing we can agree on, is an NFL offensive lineman who isn't going to get stupid calls against him like Wrotto and Pears.

Holding happens on every play. Complaining about a missed holding call is pointless.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Holding happens on every play.
Oh, so corruption's OK if everybody does it?

Dying_-2-_Live
12-27-2010, 09:29 AM
the lack of interference calla pissed me off.

psubills62
12-27-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't think anyone is saying that the refs cost us the game. Whether they cost us the game or not, though, they should still be doing their jobs fairly and consistently for both teams. That has not appeared to be the case the last few games. And as a result...it's frustrating to watch.