PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still think Fitz is the answer?

Mr. Miyagi
12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Wake up and smell the turnovers.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
He's not the answer but the Bills won themselves out of Luck.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 02:30 PM
yes, you are right, i was wrong. i think we have to draft mallett, cam newton, or locker. i would take mallett or locker. let fitz start next year and let the rook learn for one year. then start him in 2012

YardRat
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
If we take Mallett, Newton or Locker with a #5 or #6 pick, I will hunt you down.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
He is having a bad game...............

cocamide
12-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Is he the answer? Probably not. The answer would be a #1 wide receiver, a good TE, some pass rushing DEs, and LBs who aren't undersized and can cover a tight end. Fitz had a horrible game, but without those other pieces, it's not gonna matter who our QB is.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
A solid defense would work so we don't have to pass the ball every frigin down......With a balanced attack Fitz would play better.......

Joe Fo Sho
12-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Hahaha, clearly Andrew Luck would lead this team to a Superbowl. It's obvious we're only an unproven QB away from a Dynasty.

ServoBillieves
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Stevie Johnson needs to learn how to hold on to balls thrown to him. Could Newton make that pass along the sideline to CJ?

I also enjoyed the forward pass (TOM BRADY RULE) that was ruled a fumble. Is the Amish Pistol the answer? No, but it was barely his fault today.

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:07 PM
A solid defense would work so we don't have to pass the ball every frigin down......With a balanced attack Fitz would play better.......

No, I highly doubt it...face it, he's a good backup and not the answer to our QB problems.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2010, 03:07 PM
The same thing happens every year. Play the Pats close at Foxboro, then a blowout at the Ralph. Same show, different cast.

This is downright scripted and you want to kick Fitz to the curb? It ain't his fault! Where are the whistleblowers?

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Stevie Johnson needs to learn how to hold on to balls thrown to him. Could Newton make that pass along the sideline to CJ?

I also enjoyed the forward pass (TOM BRADY RULE) that was ruled a fumble. Is the Amish Pistol the answer? No, but it was barely his fault today.

Ha, ha...the excuses for Fitz are laughable. Just realize that we could do better at the position and we should be looking to upgrade that position.

djjimkelly
12-26-2010, 03:13 PM
fitz isnt the answer but he was alot more fun to watch then trent edwards for this season anyways

fitz is entertaining a nice story but a true winner hes not

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:15 PM
fitz isnt the answer but he was alot more fun to watch then trent edwards for this season anyways

fitz is entertaining a nice story but a true winner hes not

Very true....he just isn't the game changer that you need at that position. Trust me, I was glad not to have to watch Edwards this year, but I, for one, was not overly impressed with Fitz, nor do I believe we could ever win a championship with him.

djjimkelly
12-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Very true....he just isn't the game changer that you need at that position. Trust me, I was glad not to have to watch Edwards this year, but I, for one, was not overly impressed with Fitz, nor do I believe we could ever win a championship with him.

i dont think we could make the playoffs with him.

and for this franchise the way the last 10 years have gone id be satisfied with a playoff appearance.

ill start getting real excited when we go to playoffs in back to back seasons

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:20 PM
i dont think we could make the playoffs with him.

and for this franchise the way the last 10 years have gone id be satisfied with a playoff appearance.

ill start getting real excited when we go to playoffs in back to back seasons

Back to back seasons? Crap...I'd take making it to them once!

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Back to back seasons? Crap...I'd take making it to them once!

I'd take meaningful football games at Thanksgiving time!

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:22 PM

That's true!

BillsWin
12-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Trade the farm to get Luck. It's almost impossible at this point but at least give it a shot. The kid is golden.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2010, 03:51 PM
The Bills had meaningful games against the Lions and Dolphins around that time. They blew it and won those games and now they won't be picking 1st.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Trade the farm to get Luck. It's almost impossible at this point but at least give it a shot. The kid is golden.
The kid's a red-shirt sophomore. Not yet.

X-Era
12-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Trade the farm to get Luck. It's almost impossible at this point but at least give it a shot. The kid is golden.not impossible. Our 1st and 3rd plus a player may do it. Carringtons can be signed easily.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 04:17 PM
If you think Andrew Luck is the next great franchise QB, trade the entire draft to get him. If he pans out 3 years from now no one cares that you only had 1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
not impossible. Our 1st and 3rd plus a player may do it. Carringtons can be signed easily.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat...not that Carolina would though

I'd give up a 1st and 2nd..or 2 numbers 1s

still don't think carilina would bite

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
If you think Andrew Luck is the next great franchise QB, trade the entire draft to get him. If he pans out 3 years from now no one cares that you only had 1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

we have next to nothing to show for a decades worth of drafts...so it really wouldnt matter that much if the gambit failed

....but if it succeeded you reverse the franchises misfortunes

X-Era
12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat...not that Carolina would though

I'd give up a 1st and 2nd..or 2 numbers 1s

still don't think carilina would bite
If our pick ends up being 3 overall and the player is Evans or mckelvin I think it might work. I'd even add in that extra 4th or a pick in the following year

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM
If our pick ends up being 3 overall and the player is Evans or mckelvin I think it might work. I'd even add in that extra 4th or a pick in the following year

would u do it?

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Getting a receiver who's a poor mans Steve Smith - very poor btw or a weak corner plus a 1st and a 3rd isn't gonna get the number 1 pick.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM
would u do it?

If I'm Carolina I laugh and never pick up the phone again for Buddy Nix.

TigerJ
12-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I have never thought Fitz was the answer. I don't think Luck is attainable, farm or no farm (to trade in order to get him). Apart from Luck, no quarterback the Bills could take in the 2011 draft is likely to be ready to start in 2011, and there are quarterbacks the Bills could pick up in the second or third round who might be ready to play as soon as Locker, Mallett or Newton, so I don't think the Bills are going to reach for one of those guys. I do think Fitz is going to start next season, and I do think the Bills can make him more effective by building the team around him. We have to strengthen the defense and we have to find some stability and quality at right tackle. I do think the Bills will draft a QB somewhere in the draft to add to the mix, and I don't rule out somebody in that mix of Brohm, Brown and unknown rookie showing by some point in the season that he is about ready to step up and start. If that doesn't happen, they will look at drafting a QB higher in 2012.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
If I'm Carolina I laugh and never pick up the phone again for Buddy Nix.

so what do u think it would take? the entire draft as u mentioned earlier? if so would u do it?

X-Era
12-26-2010, 04:34 PM
would u do it?
Yes. I would. Only because I feel so strongly that Luck will be a great Qb. And I very much think a team would take a trade to move down 2 or 3 slots and pickup 1 or 2 picks and a proven player.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes. I would. Only because I feel so strongly that Luck will be a great Qb. And I very much think a team would take a trade to move down 2 or 3 slots and pickup 1 or 2 picks and a proven player.

Let's hope Ralph nuts up and orders Nix to make it so.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 04:38 PM
so what do u think it would take? the entire draft as u mentioned earlier? if so would u do it?

You're looking at a team that likely covets a top QB. Claussen has been completely awful this year.

I think a 1st, 2nd and a 1st next year would get the job done.

Giving up a player like Evans is meaningless if they don't have anyone who can get him the ball. Especially when you have a similar WR already. Giving up a cornerback who can't cover worth jack is even more meaningless.

BTW, I'd trade the entire draft to get Luck, yes.

Night Train
12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Luck is every bit the gamble as Newton, Llocker, Mallet or any other College QB in that they never have taken a snap in the NFL. It's a class jump many cannot handle.

The Draft is 7 rounds long last I checked and I do not care where the Bills decide to draft players to fill the obvious needs..QB and the Front 7 on Defense.

Many that blow the horn on Luck were saying the same thing about Clausen 8 months ago. I'll start bumping threads if some deny it. They're ALL a gamble.

Root for improving the roster and quit trying to display your imaginary GM skills.

Novacane
12-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Many that blow the horn on Luck were saying the same thing about Clausen 8 months ago. I'll start bumping threads if some deny it.

Go look. I doubt you're going to find anyone was calling Clausen a sure thing like they are Luck. Sure, you will find some who wanted to draft him and a lot that said hell no. What I am positive you will not find is anyone calling Clausen the next Peyton Manning

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Go look. I doubt you're going to find anyone was calling Clausen a sure thing like they are Luck. Sure, you will find some who wanted to draft him and a lot that said hell no. What I am positive you will not find is anyone calling Clausen the next Peyton Manning

On my own behalf I called Claussen worse than Brady Quinn.

Beebe's Kid
12-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes. I still think Fitz is the answer. I am also pretty sure that trading Lee Evans isn't as foregone a conclusion as it seemed to some after last week.

Although New England beat us with the same mind **** they crushed the Jets and the Bears with in the past couple weeks, by almost identical scores...they are both playoff bound, but because of this we have to panic?

Again, I'll reserve panic for a later date. This is a good opportunity to beat the draft a QB drum... I am sure Chan will be listening after he gets his mind un-belli****ed... That is if we shouldn't fire him, too.

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Luck is every bit the gamble as Newton, Llocker, Mallet or any other College QB in that they never have taken a snap in the NFL. It's a class jump many cannot handle.

The Draft is 7 rounds long last I checked and I do not care where the Bills decide to draft players to fill the obvious needs..QB and the Front 7 on Defense.

Many that blow the horn on Luck were saying the same thing about Clausen 8 months ago. I'll start bumping threads if some deny it. They're ALL a gamble.

Root for improving the roster and quit trying to display your imaginary GM skills.
You came to a message board to talk to real NFL gms?

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 07:04 PM

He may not be another Tom Brady but he'll do fine while we build up our lines. If you want to flush Fitz based on one game against the best team in the NFL go right ahead. You'll be drafting a new QB every year because you'll never settle on one.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Clausen, Leinert, Russell...all sure things just like Luck!

PTR

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
He may not be another Tom Brady but he'll do fine while we build up our lines. If you want to flush Fitz based on one game against the best team in the NFL go right ahead. You'll be drafting a new QB every year because you'll never settle on one.

PTR

he played bad against the chiefs, pats rd 2, vikings too.....

i will admit it. i got to excited mainly because we havent had a qb simply get first downs since well bledsoe. i think fitz is a good back up, probably the top backup qb in the league. he deserves a new contract. he shouldnt be the starter though...jmo

unless you are interested in 7-9 8-8 seasons...

Lone Stranger
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I feel sorry for Gailey; he thought he had a quarterback.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Clausen, Leinert, Russell...all sure things just like Luck!

PTR

leinart was the only real thing that turned bust. russell and clausen, everyone knew they easily could bust....

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
leinart was the only real thing that turned bust. russell and clausen, everyone knew they easily could bust....

How soon we forget...

(re: JaMarcus Russel) I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days."
--ESPN's Todd McShay

(JaMarcus Russell)is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."
--ESPN's Mel Kiper

PTR

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
How soon we forget...

i base about 20% of my opinion on kiper and mcshay. the other 80% says go **** yourself kiper. the guy is horrible

PTR

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
i base about 20% of my opinion on kiper and mcshay. the other 80% says go **** yourself kiper. the guy is horrible

You said no one said those QBs were any good and I just proved they were hyped as much as Luck is being hyped this season. Seriously, fans forget what these guys say every year. There are at least one or two can't-miss QBs every draft, and every year 80% flop.

PTR

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 07:40 PM
You came to a message board to talk to real NFL gms?

Maybe if our "real NFL gms" the past few years listened to those of us on here we wouldn't be a laughing stock around the league.

Just sayin'

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 07:47 PM
You said no one said those QBs were any good and I just proved they were hyped as much as Luck is being hyped this season. Seriously, fans forget what these guys say every year. There are at least one or two can't-miss QBs every draft, and every year 80% flop.

PTR
now go dig up what was said about Manning, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Brees

Lots of busts...but lots of BEASTS as well

better days
12-26-2010, 07:52 PM

I am not sold that Luck has the arm to play in the North East with the weather. He may be a good warm weather/dome QB, but does he have the arm to play in the wind? I don't think so.

jimmacie
12-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Fitz is a gamer,but just too inconsistent and lacking real arm strength to lead us out of this prolonged wilderness. Draft a QB! Also, if we resign Poz and give him a long-term lucrative contract as they did with Kelsay, they ought to have their freaking heads examined. Poz is so slow he couldn't cover my grandmother. And he is never in the right position and gets thrown around like a rag doll by linemen TOTALLY overrated -- perhaps the most overrated player in the league along with Lee Evans (another guy I hope is gone soon!)

justasportsfan
12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Fitz is a gamer,but just too inconsistent and lacking real arm strength to lead us out of this prolonged wilderness. Draft a QB! Also, if we resign Poz and give him a long-term lucrative contract as they did with Kelsay, they ought to have their freaking heads examined. Poz is so slow he couldn't cover my grandmother. And he is never in the right position and gets thrown around like a rag doll by linemen TOTALLY overrated -- perhaps the most overrated player in the league along with Lee Evans (another guy I hope is gone soon!)

Mayo vs. POZ . You can easily see the difference

Mr. Miyagi
12-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought Leinhart was going to be a bust when he was drafted.

For the record I thought the same about Sanchez. That remains to be seen.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM

i got a feeling u thought troy aikman and cade mcnown were going to beast

Mr. Miyagi
12-26-2010, 08:44 PM
i got a feeling u thought troy aikman and cade mcnown were going to beast That would be incorrect.

I did have a good feeling for Matt Ryan though.

Hey, I'm no scout or draft guru. It's 50-50 for most of us. Not saying I have any kind of special power or know more than anyone else. Just a gut thing. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. For the record I liked JP. So there.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 08:47 PM
That would be incorrect.

Hey, I'm no scout or draft guru. It's 50-50 for most of us. Not saying I have any kind of special power or know more than anyone else. Just a gut thing. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. For the record I liked JP. So there.

lol u didn't catch my UCLA/USC joke in there...

u dogged three USC Trojan QB's......so there was a chance u were a UCLA Brubru fan

Cleve
12-26-2010, 09:27 PM

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I'm sure many here still think "Fitz is the answer".

Even J.P. Lose-man, and Spent Deadwards still have a few supporters here at the Zone.

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 09:57 PM

As did I

That would be incorrect.

I wasn't completely sold on Ryan... but if i was the Falcons i would have taken him too... I really hated Staford... we'll see how that works out if he can shake his "chrischandleritis"...

as for Luck... i'm not sold yet... i liked Ryan better at this point, i liked Roethlisburger a LOT more at this point in his college career... i also liked Rivers a lot more at this point. Luck does look very polished for a sophomore, but i need to see better anticipation before i jump on-board.

as a side-note, there is almost no chance Luck comes out this year. About the only way i see it happening is if Harbaugh leaves, and he doesn't like who replaces him... throw in the fact that luck won't get past no.1 pick, and we can't get the no.1 pick and talking about Luck is pointless.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
i'm so sick of the bull**** that some of you *******s spew about fitz having a bad day blah blah blah, i watched this **** show in person. we need a franchise quarterback. wake up and smell the coffee.

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 10:43 PM
now go dig up what was said about Manning, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Brees

Lots of busts...but lots of BEASTS as well

Right,...and a dead clock is right twice a day! So what's your point? If 3-4 QBs are touted as winners every year a few will turn out great...BUT WHICH ONES???

And that's my point. Just because Luck is this year's hype doesn't make it a lock he will succeed in the NFL.

PTR

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Right,...and a dead clock is right twice a day! So what's your point? If 3-4 QBs are touted as winners every year a few will turn out great...BUT WHICH ONES???

And that's my point. Just because Luck is this year's hype doesn't make it a lock he will succeed in the NFL.

PTR

My point...was spelled out clearly. But I'll make it for you one last time.

Some will bust but some will also BEAST. You can mitigate your risks to try and avoid the busts, but if you don't take a risk to avoid any chance of getting a bust..then you'll also avoid yourself out of the hall of fame beasts.

The Wright Borthers didn't get off the ground contemplating how they'd never get off the ground...that's a losers mentality.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Wake up and smell the turnovers.As long as Gailey thinks so, who are we to argue with that? Until Gailey no longer has a job here, we have little choice but to acknowledge it. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is. It's not our decision so what we think is irrelevant.

EDS
12-27-2010, 09:15 AM
As long as Gailey thinks so, who are we to argue with that? Until Gailey no longer has a job here, we have little choice but to acknowledge it. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is. It's not our decision so what we think is irrelevant.

I agree, Chan Gailey is part of the problem.

bigfish2112
12-27-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree, Chan Gailey is part of the problem.
Chan gailey is not the problem the talent on the team is the problem!

NOT THE DUDE...
12-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Chan gailey is not the problem the talent on the team is the problem!

if gailey had a average run d, and say a tony romo, matt ryan, joe flacco qb, we would be set.

they better take a qb in the 1st rd. at the very least take one in the 2nd...

Maximilli
12-27-2010, 10:05 AM
OMG He had a bad game like all qb does brian bill is there coach a master mind and u guys tlkn bout gettn rid of the guy i got no problems with fitz he is the best QB we had in 6yrs u guys r to much if they invested the whole offseason on him like they did with trent i wouldn't argue give the guy a chance already chk out his stats before uopen your mouths

TigerJ
12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe if our "real NFL gms" the past few years listened to those of us on here we wouldn't be a laughing stock around the league.

Just sayin'

Since us fans are all over them map when it comes to opinions on players, our "real NFL GMs" would still have to figure out which ones to listen to.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2010, 11:03 AM
OMG He had a bad game like all qb does brian bill is there coach a master mind and u guys tlkn bout gettn rid of the guy i got no problems with fitz he is the best QB we had in 6yrs u guys r to much if they invested the whole offseason on him like they did with trent i wouldn't argue give the guy a chance already chk out his stats before uopen your mouths

excuses are for losers

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Since us fans are all over them map when it comes to opinions on players, our "real NFL GMs" would still have to figure out which ones to listen to.

DB for GM!!

BillsFever21
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Is he a Superstar Franchise HOF type QB? Of course not. Not many QB's are. He is adequate and is a Top 15(give or take) starting QB.

Some of you guys are acting like the Brady's, Manning's, Brees' and them types of QB's are easy to acquire and that all it takes is to draft a Top 5 QB.

Could we do better then Fitz? Of course so but we could do a lot worse then him too.