• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Gailey's Playcalling sucked today

How many times are we going to pass on 3rd down... We know the Pats suck against the run but we kept throwing on short scenarios... Fitzy was bad today but Gailey didnt help him.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• baalworship
    • May 2003

Re: Gailey's Playcalling sucked today

Really?? Play-calling is what you want to talk about? We got dominated on the line of scrimmage, made mental mistakes throughout, and missed every opportunity we could to make a play.

I guess some fans just want to complain about the play calling no matter what and this is a fine example.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

His playcalling sucks on almost a weekly basis.

This team abandons the run far too early in games.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

We gave up on the run early. Pounded the run on the first drive, then they come out in 4 wide and throw three straight times. Playcalling wasn't great, but neither was Fitz's execution. I doubt Gailey kept telling him to throw it deep. That's what you get when you're a "gunslinger" whatever the **** that means.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
          How many times are we going to pass on 3rd down... We know the Pats suck against the run but we kept throwing on short scenarios... Fitzy was bad today but Gailey didnt help him.
          Fitz was who he is...an average QB who played terrible. The position needs to be upgraded still and hopefully the Bills understand this too.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            His playcalling sucks on almost a weekly basis.

This team abandons the run far too early in games.
            I don't understand why he continues to put the game in the hands of a career backup? If we had Manning or Brady or Brees, then I could understand it, but we have Fitz and this is what you can expect.

Comment

• dasaybz
              • Apr 2005

Who's hands is he going to put the game in? It's not like they have superstars all over the place.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I don't care if you're Marv Levy or Don Shula, nothing you can do if your qb is giving Xmas gifts to the opponent.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  We gave up on the run early. Pounded the run on the first drive, then they come out in 4 wide and throw three straight times. Playcalling wasn't great, but neither was Fitz's execution. I doubt Gailey kept telling him to throw it deep. That's what you get when you're a "gunslinger" whatever the **** that means.
                  I didn't mind coming out on the second drive throwing, even though we pounded the running game pretty successfully on the first.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

I think Fitz's 5 turnovers sucked more
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

yeah im pretty sure the turnovers were the problem, not gailey...

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

That and the run defense. Brady only had to throw for 140 yards, although his rating was an impressive 107. The Patriots got almost 220 yds rushing, and even more telling averaged 5.3 yds per carry. Bellichek wisely elected to not throw very much - why would they need to? On average, the Patriots could make first down every two possessions on carries, and it eats up the clock. Patriots dominated time of possession today too, because they kept it on the ground.

Gailey has not been able to counter the run all season - it's crushed the Bills. Oh, and one of Gailey's touted strengths was stressing fundamentals - but guess what? Chan, your team turned over the ball almost as many times today as the Patriots have ALL FREAKIN SEASON. One of the most FUNDAMENTAL things that a coach should teach is PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!!

Gailey is failing as HC, IMHO.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I don't know, I guess I don't ever believe there is bad play calling, just bad execution. I never think bad play calling. Even on 4th and 1 and you go for a bomb, if it is executed correctly it isn't a bad play call.

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by dasaybz
                            Who's hands is he going to put the game in? It's not like they have superstars all over the place.
                            Well, you have a 1000 yard rusher and a rookie first round pick to hand the ball to against a team that has a poor run defense.

Obviously, once you start throwing, and start turning the ball over and end up with a large deficit on the scoreboard, you are forced to pass which plays into what the Pats want you to do.

But who could know that going into the game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              I don't know, I guess I don't ever believe there is bad play calling, just bad execution. I never think bad play calling. Even on 4th and 1 and you go for a bomb, if it is executed correctly it isn't a bad play call.

How about practicing to play vs. a 4-3 when the team you are playing plays 3-4? How are you going to execute if you are playing against a formation you are not familiar with?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X