PDA

View Full Version : trade our number 1 this year for kevin kolb?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
discuss....

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Hell no.

There is nothing to discuss.

DraftBoy
12-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Absolutely not!

Luisito23
Another idiotic thread, discuss...

Novacane
NO NO NO......................

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 05:37 PM
just curious whats the difference between taking a qb this year w/the first rd pick or trading for one with the first round pick?

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Why would anybody trade a top 5 pick for Kolb? .

Novacane
At least you made this a public poll so anyone who votes yes can be made fun of!

Dr. Lecter
just curious whats the difference between taking a qb this year w/the first rd pick or trading for one with the first round pick?
The Bills are highly unlikely to use the #5 overall pick on a QB.

DraftBoy
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
just curious whats the difference between taking a qb this year or trading for one?

But you're talking about trading a top 10 (possibly top 5) pick for a career backup.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
This idea is insane. No.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
But you're talking about trading a top 10 (possibly top 5) pick for a career backup.

Probably the 4th pick overall.

1. Carolina (2-14)

2-3. Bengals, Denver (3-13)

4. Bills (4-12)

I think Kolb can be more than a back-up, but I prefer Dareus, Peterson, Green, etc. to Kolb all by a wide margin.

Philagape
12-26-2010, 05:45 PM

One could ask the same question about, say, Brady Quinn. Or Drew Stanton. If any QB will do .....

Mahdi
12-26-2010, 05:48 PM
discuss....
top 5 pick for Kolb? Why even discuss that?

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 06:00 PM
the funny thing is the eagles probably will ask for more then a top 5 pick...

kingJofNYC
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
DEFINITELY!

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 06:14 PM
wait a sec though, isnt kolb and his potential just as good as any rookie qb we draft this year in rd 1? if not better?

kingJofNYC
12-26-2010, 06:18 PM
His potential is so good his current team won't even play him!

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 06:20 PM
wait a sec though, isnt kolb and his potential just as good as any rookie qb we draft this year in rd 1? if not better?

1. Not necessarily. (If Luck is there)

2. You are assuming QB will be the pick in round 1. That is a fallacy. If Luck is not there, not QB is worth the #3 or #4 pick.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:26 PM
We're gonna be picking around 10th.

That being said, no, I would not trade that pick for Kolb.

However, I'd be open to the idea of trading a 2nd round pick for him.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 06:28 PM

me too.

change in discussion... would you guys trade a 2nd for carson palmer, kyle orton, or kevin kolb?

Beebe's Kid
12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
No. This was a bad one, Mitchell. I look forward to your next 17 mocks and 15 "Should we sign...." threads. Hopefully they are a little better than this.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
No. This was a bad one, Mitchell. I look forward to your next 17 mocks and 15 "Should we sign...." threads. Hopefully they are a little better than this.

dude take a shot or something.... lighten up man

Raptor
12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I cant believe 3 people actually voted yes!!!

Night Train
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Try a 4th rounder

JCBills
12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
His potential is so good his current team won't even play him!

Yep, cuz Vick sure has been stinkin it up.

justasportsfan
12-26-2010, 07:53 PM
:shortbus:
discuss....

Philagape
12-26-2010, 09:10 PM
After the Panthers draft Luck, we can trade for Clausen!! :insane:

ParanoidAndroid
12-26-2010, 09:38 PM
me too.

change in discussion... would you guys trade a 2nd for carson palmer, kyle orton, or kevin kolb?

No. None of those get us much, if any, better than Fitzpatrick at the cost of a 2nd rounder. You could make a case for Palmer, but he's 30. No more using the Redskins formula for success.... Bledsoe Experiment Part Deux.

dannyek71
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I am surprised someone so dumb to start a thread like this could even find the keyboard.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2010, 10:15 PM
discuss....
seriously? :wtf:

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 11:04 PM
discuss....

You need to step away from the bong!

jbisset
12-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I live in south Jersey. No one knows if he will be a good NFL QB or not. I would trade a 3rd or 2nd pick for him. He can throw the ball. Can he read D and make the right choices is still unknown. I hope Luck is a bust (yes, I wanted him) and we get a Bruce Smith type DE in the draft.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2010, 12:31 AM
discuss....If the Bills were just one QB away from being playoff contenders it might seem like an idea to explore. Trading for Kolb means giving up draft picks, and on a team with as many needs as the Bills have, that's not a good idea.

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 01:04 AM

We're beating the Jets? That's hilarious...

Anywho, the Broncos have a good shot at beating a limping Chargers team, and since Carolina has the #1 spot comfortably wrapped up, if they have no faith in Clausen, and in the slim chance that Luck comes out, they will pick him up.

That gives us pick #2, 3, or 4.

That leaves us with a great pick for a defensive game-maker.

Want to trade that for the Eagles backup? Be my ******ed guest.

Sorry if I offend, but that's the honest truth. That's just stupid.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 03:27 AM
We're beating the Jets? That's hilarious...

Anywho, the Broncos have a good shot at beating a limping Chargers team, and since Carolina has the #1 spot comfortably wrapped up, if they have no faith in Clausen, and in the slim chance that Luck comes out, they will pick him up.

That gives us pick #2, 3, or 4.

That leaves us with a great pick for a defensive game-maker.

Want to trade that for the Eagles backup? Be my ******ed guest.

Sorry if I offend, but that's the honest truth. That's just stupid.

Did I say a first round pick for him? No. But the 7th to 9th pick of round 2? Sure.

We're not drafting a QB better than Kolb in Rd2, and yes Kolb is better than Fitz.

BTW, if you think we can't beat a team of backups you shouldn't be calling others ******s. Sanchez won't even play at all.

Sorry.

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Did I say a first round pick for him? No. But the 7th to 9th pick of round 2? Sure.

We're not drafting a QB better than Kolb in Rd2, and yes Kolb is better than Fitz.

BTW, if you think we can't beat a team of backups you shouldn't be calling others ******s. Sanchez won't even play at all.

Sorry.

So what if he is better? he is still not the answer.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-27-2010, 06:58 AM
There is only one way the Bills should be trading away their first-round draft pick, and that's to get an even higher first round draft pick.

Figster
12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I cant believe 3 people actually voted yes!!!

I watched Kolb throw for 326 yards/3 TD's and a win against the Atlanta Falcons this year. Who has Ryan Fitzpatrick beat?
Kevin Kolb's got a cannon of an arm, can make all the throws and he see's the field well. Kolb's big, strong, accurate, and shows good command of the offense.
Kevin Kolb's got franchise written all over him in my opinion,

Time will tell...

Given Buffalo's awesome success in the draft though, especially in the 1st round, If you want a good laugh maybe you should take a jog down memory lane.
Or better yet think about going another year with the fumbling, bumbling, Grinch who stole Christmas, Ryan Fitzpatrick!!!

hahahhahahahahaha Get out of here!!! :down:

NOT THE DUDE...
12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
I am surprised someone so dumb to start a thread like this could even find the keyboard.

hey, dont make fun of me.

dannyek71
12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
The only players I would trade our 1st for this year would be a guy like Philip Rivers. That is about it.

Heck, while we are at it, let's talk about trading our 2nd for Trent Edwards.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 02:40 PM
So what if he is better? he is still not the answer.

He's more of the answer than anyone we'll be able to draft at the position in April.

How quickly people forget how good Kolb has looked in limited action.

Raptor
12-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I watched Kolb throw for 326 yards/3 TD's and a win against the Atlanta Falcons this year. Who has Ryan Fitzpatrick beat?
Kevin Kolb's got a cannon of an arm, can make all the throws and he see's the field well. Kolb's big, strong, accurate, and shows good command of the offense.
Kevin Kolb's got franchise written all over him in my opinion,

Time will tell...

Given Buffalo's awesome success in the draft though, especially in the 1st round, If you want a good laugh maybe you should take a jog down memory lane.
Or better yet think about going another year with the fumbling, bumbling, Grinch who stole Christmas, Ryan Fitzpatrick!!!

hahahhahahahahaha Get out of here!!! :down:

And I saw Rob Johnson have a good game once BFD. If you think trading a possible top 5 pick for K.Kolb is a good idea Ill say you dont know **** about this game

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
He's more of the answer than anyone we'll be able to draft at the position in April.

How quickly people forget how good Kolb has looked in limited action.

Didnt look too good in some limited action this season.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Didnt look too good in some limited action this season.

I thought he looked good this year except for his first start of the year where he got the concussion. And he did light Atlanta up.

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought he looked good this year except for his first start of the year where he got the concussion. And he did light Atlanta up.

I dont like to the play the except for game. Every game counts not just his best one. 63% cmp, 6 TD, 4 INT, decent yardage but nothing was special about his game.

Figster
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
And I saw Rob Johnson have a good game once BFD. If you think trading a possible top 5 pick for K.Kolb is a good idea Ill say you dont know **** about this game

Yet Kevin Kolb is projected by sports analyst to be worth a 1st round draft pick and If it wasn't for Mike Vick's excellent play Kevin Kolb would be starting for the Eagles.

You think you know more about football then Andy Reid and the Eagles FO?

BillsFever21
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
No way is he worth a Top 5 draft pick. He has had problems staying healthy and has already had multiple concussions in limited action and he hasn't been overwhelming in that limited action either.

I'd take a chance on him with a couple 3rd round picks if they felt we really needed a QB but that would be about it.

SABURZFAN
12-27-2010, 04:36 PM
discuss....

there's nothing to discuss...... HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figster
12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Kevin Kolb became the first player in the history of the National football league to throw for 300+ yards in his first two starts last season after McNabb went down with injury in the season opener.

That's not just unusual FunTimesYay... its unheard of...this Kolb Fella can play...

BillsFever21
12-27-2010, 05:10 PM
What good is any QB if they can't stay healthy. Has he ever made it more then a couple games without being knocked out?

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Kevin Kolb became the first player in the history of the National football league to throw for 300+ yards in his first two starts last season after McNabb went down with injury in the season opener.

That's not just unusual FunTimesYay... its unheard of...this Kolb Fella can play...

I agree the kid can play.

I just wouldn't give up a top 8 draft pick for him, now for a second round pick I'd entertain the thought of it. Especially if we don't draft QB in Rd1.

Figster
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
What good is any QB if they can't stay healthy. Has he ever made it more then a couple games without being knocked out?
In reference to the concussion Kolb suffered against the Packers, If you watched the play Kolb was driven to the ground hard from behind by Clay Mathews. Any QB would have been injured on that play in my opinion. Kevin Kolb was actually tough enough to keep on playing and might of played through it, but the coaching staff realized something was very wrong with Kevin Kolb and benched him.

Figster
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
No way is he worth a Top 5 draft pick. He has had problems staying healthy and has already had multiple concussions in limited action and he hasn't been overwhelming in that limited action either.

I'd take a chance on him with a couple 3rd round picks if they felt we really needed a QB but that would be about it.

Do you mind providing a link about the multiple concussions? I would like to keep my own facts straight about someone I'm interested in and I can only find one concussion.( Thanks )

Kevin Kolb threw for 718 yards in the first two game starts of his career last season when Mcnabb went down. In the history of the NFL its never been done before by anybody.(two 300+) With all due respect to say Kolb's limited action hasn't been overwhelming when he's breaking NFL records doesn't accurately describe Kevin Kolb's limited play, at least not in my opinion.

Kevin Kolb is a franchise caliber QB just waiting in the Eagles Wings...

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I was thinking a 2nd rd. pick for Kolb early into the season but with the way Fitz is playing, a 3rd. I'm not sold on Fitz at all but with the way he's played in his FIRST year under gailey, I'm willing to see if he can improve next year while filling up our other holes on this team. The only qb I am willing to use a high pick on is Luck but I doubt it will happen.

Pinkerton Security
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
i wouldnt even trade our 2nd round pick for Kolb.

Figster
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
I was thinking a 2nd rd. pick for Kolb early into the season but with the way Fitz is playing, a 3rd. I'm not sold on Fitz at all but with the way he's played in his FIRST year under gailey, I'm willing to see if he can improve next year while filling up our other holes on this team. The only qb I am willing to use a high pick on is Luck but I doubt it will happen.

To many good and possibly even franchise QB's out there not to take a crack at one of them don't you think? Fitz is what he is which is a career backup. Ryan Fitzpatrick's trend of INT's / fumbles will never change.

Going up against the elite signal callers in the league like the Brady's or Manning's it takes mistake free football at the QB position and its something Ryan Fitzpatrick will never give us.

So why waste our time? especially when we have an owner in his nineties who would really like to see a Championship sooner rather then later.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
To many good and possibly even franchise QB's out there not to take a crack at one of them don't you think? Fitz is what he is which is a career backup. Ryan Fitzpatrick's trend of INT's / fumbles will never change.

Going up against the elite signal callers in the league like the Brady's or Manning's it takes mistake free football at the QB position and its something Ryan Fitzpatrick will never give us.

So why waste our time? especially when we have an owner in his nineties who would really like to see a Championship sooner rather then later.

Kolb is NOT a sure thing either and its NOT a waste when you can use those picks to make a team better in other areas like the run D.

I would take a risk at Kolb over anyone not named Luck though.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
For the record the last reported cost for Kolb was a 1st and a 3rd Round pick.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
For the record the last reported cost for Kolb was a 1st and a 3rd Round pick.

for now. I'm sure that price will go down when no one will bite .

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 10:47 AM

That was as of last draft time when there was discussions being had. As of now I have no idea, but Reid is a stubborn coach.

Ickybaluky
12-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't think Kolb is even on the block. I can't see how Philly could entertain trading him without a deal for Michael Vick. Right now, he is a valuable player for them, a low-cost insurance policy and leverage in any contract talks with Vick. I doubt they would consider trading him.

better days
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM

I think they can afford to keep him one more year to see if Vick can play as well a 2nd year.

Figster
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
That was as of last draft time when there was discussions being had. As of now I have no idea, but Reid is a stubborn coach.

Stubborn and stingy, sadly enough, and will require a kings ransom for sure when Reid knows how close to the edge Mike Vick plays.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Reid said he wasn't trading McNabb and I believe they asked more than what Redskins gave up in the begining.:idunno: