PDA

View Full Version : Cinci, Denver, Arizona and Detroit all won today.

BidsJr
12-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Not bad news for us on draft day.

BidsJr
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Sorry Arizona was the other night.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Bengals play the Ravens next week.

Denver gets the Chargers in Denver. That is a possible win.

Denver wins, the Bills pick 3rd. SD wins, the Bills pick 4th.

DraftBoy
12-26-2010, 06:10 PM
We need to make sure we finish inside the top 5, preferably picking in the top 3.

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:11 PM
We need to make sure we finish inside the top 5, preferably picking in the top 3.Why?

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 06:11 PM
if cinci and denver both win and we lose next week we pick 2nd

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
It's irrelevant.

We're winning next week vs the Jets scrubs.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
It's irrelevant.

:rofl:

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 06:13 PM
It's irrelevant.

don't worry ill place a bet on the bills to cover...

X-Era
It's irrelevant.

We're winning next week vs the Jets scrubs.You go with that.

I'd bet you ZB's but....

Mr. Pink
:rofl:

Why the :rofl:?

Unless you think at least a half of watching Brunnell/Clemons handing off to Joe McKnight beats us.

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM

Unless you think at least a half of watching Brunnell/Clemons handing off to Joe McKnight beats us.Are they sure to be in after this week? The way it looked they would be fighting for a playoff spot next week.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
You go with that.

I'd bet you ZB's but....

I'll give you my ZBs Sunday at approximately 4:15pm if we lose.

You don't have to give me anything when we win.

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll give you my ZBs Sunday at approximately 4:15pm if we lose.

You don't have to give me anything when we win.No way. If your all in, I will double your bet if we win.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Are they sure to be in after this week? The way it looked they would be fighting for a playoff spot next week.

They have the 6th seed sewn up.

They clinched when Jacksonville lost.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Unless you think at least a half of watching Brunnell/Clemons handing off to Joe McKnight beats us.

I think Brunnell handing off to me would get the job done.

BILLSROCK1212
12-26-2010, 06:22 PM
the Jets have nothing to play for, but I think they'll play to win, but might half ass it

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I think Brunnell handing off to me would get the job done.

Remember what happened last year week 17? Expect something similar to that.

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Remember what happened last year week 17? Expect something similar to that.

oh i don't know... remember that game back in 2004 i think... Pittsburgh scrubs... of course then we had something to play for (playoffs) so i guess you're right.

the more winning doesn't help us the more we're a mortal lock to win.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 06:28 PM
oh i don't know... remember that game back in 2004 i think... Pittsburgh scrubs... of course then we had something to play for (playoffs) so i guess you're right.

the more winning doesn't help us the more we're a mortal lock to win.

winning a game against the colts scrubs eons ago by a brilliant performance by one rob johnson cost us flutie winning us the super bowl that year

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 06:29 PM
i thought 4th was the absolute highest we can pick?

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think so. In fact I think cinnci has a tougher SOS. That would mean we are already at 3. PSU is keeping track. I will let him answer.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 06:39 PM

No.
Right now the draft looks like this:

1. Carolina (2 wins)

2. Bills, Bengals, Broncos (4 wins)

If Cincinnati and Denver win and the Bills lose, they draft 2nd

X-Era
12-26-2010, 06:41 PM
No.
Right now the draft looks like this:

1. Carolina (2 wins)

2. Bills, Bengals, Broncos (4 wins)

If Cincinnati and Denver win and the Bills lose, they draft 2nd
We may win an SOS tiebreaker too.

Akhippo
12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
We need to counter that by playing Brohm and Maybin. Give Brohm the final game. If Gailey is willing to play "guess whos playing line" during the season, presumable to see what he has, I dont see any reason not to give Brohm a shot. Especailly after Fitz's performance today.

I dont really care about the first rounder. Picks 3-7 are a toss up as far as talent to me. I just want a quicker second thru fifth rounder.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
problem is there are 7 teams with 5 wins...if we win next week the wall comes tumbling down..the wall comes rumbbaling tumballing

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
problem is there are 7 teams with 5 wins...if we win next week the wall comes tumbling down..the wall comes rumbbaling tumballing
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't think so. In fact I think cinnci has a tougher SOS. That would mean we are already at 3. PSU is keeping track. I will let him answer.

wait, i thought if two teams have the same record, higher pick goes to team with weaker schedule, reason being they still couldnt win more games against easier teams making them a worse team....

am i missing something?

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
wait, i thought if two teams have the same record, higher pick goes to team with weaker schedule, reason being they still couldnt win more games against easier teams making them a worse team....

am i missing something?

thats what he said

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
thats what he said

duh, my mistake...

X-Era
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM

am i missing something?
Exactly. If cinnci has a tougher schedule they pick below us. Not above us. That assumes we both end up with the same record.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
what is the lowest we can pick? 9th again?

Raptor
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
So whats the highest we could pick and the lowest?

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Highest is 2nd.

Carolina is picking 1st.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
So whats the highest we could pick and the lowest?
the highest is 2nd..the lowest is moremath than im interested in doing

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 07:20 PM

im not sure but i think its 9th again...

TacklingDummy
12-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Hows those meaningless Lions, Bengals, Dolphins, and Browns wins look now?

Don't Panic
12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
We need to counter that by playing Brohm and Maybin. Give Brohm the final game. If Gailey is willing to play "guess whos playing line" during the season, presumable to see what he has, I dont see any reason not to give Brohm a shot. Especailly after Fitz's performance today.

I dont really care about the first rounder. Picks 3-7 are a toss up as far as talent to me. I just want a quicker second thru fifth rounder.

Agreed. I have been a big Fitz supporter, and I'm all about making him the #1 going into next year, but Brohm should get the start.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 07:27 PM

6 5-10 teams, 1 5-9 team the Vikings.

Not sure who they all play. And Cleveland will have a higher SOS than us.

So the lowest we could fall to is 10th depending on what the other 5-10 teams do and what the Vikes do.

better days
12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
6 5-10 teams, 1 5-9 team the Vikings.

Not sure who they all play. And Cleveland will have a higher SOS than us.

So the lowest we could fall to is 10th depending on what the other 5-10 teams do and what the Vikes do.

Clevelands SOS does not matter because we beat them.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Clevelands SOS does not matter because we beat them.

There is only one tiebreaker when it comes to draft picks.

SOS. Nothing else.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 08:11 PM
oh yeah, if you have the same record and same SOS as another team, draft position is chosen by coin flip.

psubills62
12-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Currently Cincy has a slightly lower SOS than we do. If Philadelphia beats Minnesota, we'll be tied in SOS. This means we could still get the 2nd or 3rd pick, depending on how the SOS values turn out after Week 17, even if Cincy loses.

If we happen to beat the Jets, we'd be drafting ~8th or 9th.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Currently Cincy has a slightly lower SOS than we do. If Philadelphia beats Minnesota, we'll be tied in SOS. This means we could still get the 2nd or 3rd pick, depending on how the SOS values turn out after Week 17, even if Cincy loses.

If we happen to beat the Jets, we'd be drafting ~8th or 9th.

uuuugggghhhhhh if we win....

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:02 PM
rexy may resty the jests

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_coach_rex_ryan_considers.html

Buffalo Thriller
12-26-2010, 09:21 PM
So if we beat the Jets we could go from a top 5 pick to an 8th or 9th?

Thief
12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Hows those meaningless Lions, Bengals, Dolphins, and Browns wins look now?A lot like sex with a prostitute.

psubills62
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
So if we beat the Jets we could go from a top 5 pick to an 8th or 9th?
Yep. There are currently 7 five-win teams, and we are guaranteed to have a higher SOS than 6 of them. However, Minnesota still has two chances to win. If they lose, there will be four 5-win teams playing each other next week. After a quick glance, I believe the worst case scenario may be that we pick 8th, but don't quote me on that.

In my opinion, that's not terrible, as it puts us in position to get the top OT with value. I know a lot of people disagree with that opinion, though.

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Yep. There are currently 7 five-win teams, and we are guaranteed to have a higher SOS than 6 of them. However, Minnesota still has two chances to win. If they lose, there will be four 5-win teams playing each other next week. After a quick glance, I believe the worst case scenario may be that we pick 8th, but don't quote me on that.

In my opinion, that's not terrible, as it puts us in position to get the top OT with value. I know a lot of people disagree with that opinion, though.

That would be terrible...this FO needs to be as high as possible...the lower it gets the more you have to hope your scouting department hits it and we've all seen how that has turned out at the #8 and #9 spots. Winning next week would be absolutely horrible!

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Why?

Why? Because operating under the assumption that Luck stays we are looking at being guaranteed one of;

Bowers
Peterson
Quinn
Darues
Green

Outside of the top 5 you aren't guaranteed one of those arguably top 5 talents.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Why? Because operating under the assumption that Luck stays we are looking at being guaranteed one of;

Bowers
Peterson
Quinn
Darues
Green

Outside of the top 5 you aren't guaranteed one of those arguably top 5 talents.

come on man, get over it, we are drafting a qb with our 1st pick...

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2010, 09:38 AM
come on man, get over it, we are drafting a qb with our 1st pick...

No they are not, unless Luck falls to them

If they draft a QB not named Luck with the 2nd overall pick they are morons.

Thief
12-27-2010, 09:48 AM

Bowers
Peterson
Quinn
Darues
Green

Outside of the top 5 you aren't guaranteed one of those arguably top 5 talents.How many 3-4 DEs have been drafted in the top 5 over the past decade?

Does anyone know?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-27-2010, 09:49 AM
No they are not, unless Luck falls to them

If they draft a QB not named Luck with the 2nd overall pick they are morons.

so who plays qb? we are set on 7-9 with fitz dude...tops

psubills62
12-27-2010, 09:51 AM
How many 3-4 DEs have been drafted in the top 5 over the past decade?

Does anyone know?

Tyson Jackson.

As far as I can tell, that's it. A couple DE's were drafted in the early 2000's that I don't remember what scheme that team played.

That's just one reason I'd rather not take a DE with our first pick. They're a dime a dozen - there's a reason the Patriots have selected so many in the later rounds.

Tatonka
12-27-2010, 10:08 AM

i think that might beat us.. yes.

Novacane
12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Hopefully the Jets play their starters at least a quarter. If they get a lead early the Bills may run for the bus.

Thief
12-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Tyson Jackson.

As far as I can tell, that's it. A couple DE's were drafted in the early 2000's that I don't remember what scheme that team played.

That's just one reason I'd rather not take a DE with our first pick. They're a dime a dozen - there's a reason the Patriots have selected so many in the later rounds.Jackson was the only one I could think of too, and you explained my point nicely.

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Jackson was the only one I could think of too, and you explained my point nicely.

Kind of a loaded question since the 3-4 is a realtively new defensive trend that NFL teams are trying.

ALso add Glenn Dorsey to the list.

EDS
12-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Kind of a loaded question since the 3-4 is a realtively new defensive trend that NFL teams are trying.

I still think Bowers, Dareus and Fairley are all better suited to play in a 4-3 front. Dareus and Fairley's as DTs and Bowers as a DE (with some inside passrushing like Tuck).

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Hows those meaningless Lions, Bengals, Dolphins, and Browns wins look now?

I'm okay with it. TO you it may seem meaningless but I'd rather see the team win such games because the players on the team are playing better. Losing to teams that we should beat means the players are not getting better and we are going to need a lot more than just a franchise qb. I want improvement from the players that are currently on the team.

So yeah, losing those games and going 0-15 blows.

psubills62
12-27-2010, 11:50 AM

If I remember correctly, KC was running a 4-3 the year Dorsey was drafted, then switched to a 3-4 the year after. So I'm not sure if Dorsey counts (if I happen to recall correctly).

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 12:11 PM
If I remember correctly, KC was running a 4-3 the year Dorsey was drafted, then switched to a 3-4 the year after. So I'm not sure if Dorsey counts (if I happen to recall correctly).

Not sure, could be.

Thief
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I remember it the same way PSU.

SABURZFAN
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM

i remember that game. a Steelers fan got his ass whipped in Santora's (in Vegas) for running his mouth and unloading two haymakers on the wrong two people. he wore a beer bottle over the head, a bar stool over the head, several jabs to the face, and numerous steel-toed boots in the mouth for his efforts.

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2010, 04:57 PM
so who plays qb? we are set on 7-9 with fitz dude...tops
Which QBs do you think are worthy of a top 5 pick?

Ickybaluky
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
That's just one reason I'd rather not take a DE with our first pick. They're a dime a dozen - there's a reason the Patriots have selected so many in the later rounds.

The Patriots took Richard Seymour at #6 and Ty Warren at #13. They have always valued finding DL highly in the draft, taking Vince Wilfork in the first as well and guys like Marquis Hill and Ron Brace in the 2nd.

psubills62
12-27-2010, 06:45 PM
The Patriots took Richard Seymour at #6 and Ty Warren at #13. They have always valued finding DL highly in the draft, taking Vince Wilfork in the first as well and guys like Marquis Hill and Ron Brace in the 2nd.

A second round investment is a LOT different than top 5 pick. Even a pick at 13 is miles different. Paying a 3-4 DE ~1 million per year vs. $10 million per year? Last two drafts, the Pats have chosen 5 DL - 4 of them in the 6th and 7th rounds.

X-Era
12-27-2010, 06:48 PM
The Patriots took Richard Seymour at #6 and Ty Warren at #13. They have always valued finding DL highly in the draft, taking Vince Wilfork in the first as well and guys like Marquis Hill and Ron Brace in the 2nd.I think it's important to note that they already had Tom Brady when they drafted these guys. I'm not necessarily saying one should come before the other, only that in our case we need both.

Ickybaluky
12-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I think it's important to note that they already had Tom Brady when they drafted these guys. I'm not necessarily saying one should come before the other, only that in our case we need both.

I don't disagree with this. I think you need a franchise QB above all else, and do what you can no matter what to get one.

You can't manufacture one if he isn't there, but I'd overdraft a guy who has the potential to be one.

TigerJ
12-28-2010, 06:56 PM
It was a great day for Bills draft positioning. It's almost certain that Buffalo will have their pick of 2 or 3 of the top 4 defensive line and linebacker candidates (Dareus, Fairley, Bowers, and Quinn. There is not that much separating these guys either. If Dareus is gone, you've got quality in Fairley and Bowers. Same thing if it's Fairley or Bowers who goes first. Quinn is in the mix too though he would play rush linebacker for the Bills.

If the Bills want to go cornerback, you've got two top CBs neither of whom would be a reach in the top 5 (Peterson and Amukamara). Generally speaking, you want to get your big guys early in the draft, so I wouldn't be especially high on a CB even though these guys are good.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
i would be somewhat upset if they took peterson...

Mr. Pink
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
No way. If your all in, I will double your bet if we win.

1895 ZBs paid for Brian Brohm crapping the bed.