PDA

View Full Version : LUCK leaning towards staying in school....for now

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:33 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40814666/ns/sports-player_news/

elltrain22
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
for now= if Harbaugh stays at Stanford. IMHO, w/ the 49ers & his alma-mater, University of Michigan probably becoming vacant, I have a hard time believing Harbaugh will be able to turn down both of these offers. If he does take either job, Luck will go pro.

THRILLHO
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Each year could be the last year with out a rookie cap. If this is a year with out it, I would declare, and I am sure he would do the same.

Thief
12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
"For now?" You mean untul at least after his next game?

And, how is this a break for the Bills?

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:42 PM

u read the article? that's what it said "for now"...

It would be a break for the Bills for those of us that wanted to see him in a Bills uni ( a LOT of us)...feeling comforted in the fact that we did NOT miss out on him

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
The Bills would have to finsh dead last in 2011 to take Luck in 2012 and finshing 32nd in the NFL isn't really a good thing

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
The Bills would have to finsh dead last in 2011 to take Luck in 2012 and finshing 32nd in the NFL isn't really a good thing

noones talking about getting him in the future...it was all about this year..we sucked ..bad..some of us were hoping for a payoff for the suck in the upcoming draft

not too many of us would be wishing to suck into NEXT season in order to get him (or anyone else)

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Now we can go 0-16 next season and draft him. Yippee!

PTR

Novacane
12-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Miami will probably get the #1 pick next year and Luck WILL turn out to be the next Peyton Manning. Some break for us.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Miami will probably get the #1 pick next year and Luck WILL turn out to be the next Peyton Manning. Some break for us.

lol, no...their luck is almost as ****ty as ours (no pun)

his arm would turn into jello upon entry into landshark

jbisset
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I hope so. I wanted him. We need a great not good QB to build a future. It's been a long time since Jim was QB.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
There's millions of reasons why he will come out.

theanswer74
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Actually this is bad, it means we miss out on another player that would be pushed down.

Either way we are screwed by this.

Beebe's Kid
12-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Actually this is bad, it means we miss out on another player that would be pushed down.

Either way we are screwed by this.

That's the idea!!!

I am disappointed that some of you had the Bills catching a break...the answer is "either way we are screwed." That is the only answer to every question...

This ****ing fan base is pathetic. I know there hasn't been a playoff team in 11 years...because I've been waiting too.

Listening to the whiny ass, pessimistic fans is getting worse than watching the team. I have never heard a group of people sound so ****ing pathetic.

alohabillsfan
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I believe he originally stated he was staying in school. Harbarugh later said he would entertain offers. Now Luck says he is leaning torwards staying... My a$$. Harbarugh is going to get an attractive offer from many, you have to jump while its hot. He leaves and Luck will announce shortly after that he is entering the draft. IMHO

X-Era
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40814666/ns/sports-player_news/I think the situation is very much tied to what happens with Harbaugh.

Akhippo
12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I hope he stays. And Gabbert also. M Barkley can come out next year also in addition to whomever gets the hot hand. Flood next years market with more top notch QBs.

Let QB needy teams eat up Mallet and Locker and Newton (He may or may not be all pro). Use one more year to build up a very lacking roster and go after a QB next year. But we are so lacking that any draft scenario would work.

QB as first pick
Defense as first couple picks

If we dont pick QB this year I would trade down for picks either this year or next.

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
There's millions of reasons why he will come out.

are you all for tanking 2011 so we can grab Luck?

YardRat
12-28-2010, 02:19 AM
noones talking about getting him in the future...it was all about this year..we sucked ..bad..some of us were hoping for a payoff for the suck in the upcoming draft

not too many of us would be wishing to suck into NEXT season in order to get him (or anyone else)

What's the difference? Wanting the team to suck so you can draft a specific player shouldn't have a time limit. Aren't you willing to sacrifice one more season for the franchise QB of the future?

YardRat
12-28-2010, 02:21 AM
That's the idea!!!

I am disappointed that some of you had the Bills catching a break...the answer is "either way we are screwed." That is the only answer to every question...

This ****ing fan base is pathetic. I know there hasn't been a playoff team in 11 years...because I've been waiting too.

Listening to the whiny ass, pessimistic fans is getting worse than watching the team. I have never heard a group of people sound so ****ing pathetic.

Actually, his point is valid. We'd be slightly better off if Luck declared and our options were increased by one.

G Wolly
12-28-2010, 02:22 AM
"Look at me. I like to learn stuff with my books."

Nerd.

Canadian'eh!
12-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Luck will not stay in school unless his draft stock were to plummet for some reason anyway.

As long as he is the #1 pick, there is no way he will risk waiting another year IMO. IF the draft happens before a new CBA is finished, then why would your risk waiting a year and potentially seeing a rookie salary cap become a reality and cost you millions.

Go now, take your 60 mill as the #1 pick and don't let them start looking for reasons to pick you apart or risk a major injury. Stanford isn't going anywhere. you can take classes anytime.

I also think Harbaugh might be convinced to move on as well.

X-Era
12-28-2010, 07:02 AM
"Look at me. I like to learn stuff with my books."

Nerd.:lol:

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Luck will not stay in school unless his draft stock were to plummet for some reason anyway.

As long as he is the #1 pick, there is no way he will risk waiting another year IMO. IF the draft happens before a new CBA is finished, then why would your risk waiting a year and potentially seeing a rookie salary cap become a reality and cost you millions.

Go now, take your 60 mill as the #1 pick and don't let them start looking for reasons to pick you apart or risk a major injury. Stanford isn't going anywhere. you can take classes anytime.

I also think Harbaugh might be convinced to move on as well.

Just to note without a new CBA there is no 60 million. Any player drafted will have their rights reserved by their team but because there is no CBA they cannot sign a contract so they dont get any money.

Sitting a year out of football and not making ****, or staying at school a year, being the king of the campus and being in one of the most beautiful areas in the country? Let me think about that one for a minute.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 08:14 AM
As long as the CBA is in place and they don't lock out he will be in the draft. Especially after his coach leaves in a couple of weeks.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 10:31 AM
As long as the CBA is in place and they don't lock out he will be in the draft. Especially after his coach leaves in a couple of weeks.

There is no CBA in place right now and Im 100% confident there will not be one by the time the deadline comes.

Mad Max
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
What's the difference? Wanting the team to suck so you can draft a specific player shouldn't have a time limit. Aren't you willing to sacrifice one more season for the franchise QB of the future?

The Bills are an entertainment device nothing more. So wanting them to lose in >specific< situations is NOT akin to losing anything of real value. So the righteous indignation shown by part of the fanbase torwards the other part is curious.

We all are entertained in different ways obviously. I start off EVERY season hoping for a winning year. I also personally don't find much entertainment in the form of 6-10 or 7-9 seasons in perpetuity, so when a season starts heading quickly in that direction my personal attention shifts to team building and the draft in the hopes of creating a team that can actually win more than they lose and have a legit chance of getting to the playoffs and WINNING a Super Bowl. There are actual teams out there that have legit chance of winning one of those EVERY YEAR. That's my kind of entertainment.

Thief
12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Just to note without a new CBA there is no 60 million. Any player drafted will have their rights reserved by their team but because there is no CBA they cannot sign a contract so they dont get any money.

Sitting a year out of football and not making ****, or staying at school a year, being the king of the campus and being in one of the most beautiful areas in the country? Let me think about that one for a minute.Didn't you say you believed the rookie cap would be implemented slowly over a couple years, and wouldn't that be "Millions" of reasons to not wait?

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Didn't you say you believed the rookie cap would be implemented slowly over a couple years, and wouldn't that be "Millions" of reasons to not wait?

Its a double edged sword. Either way the kid is getting millions, he just wont get as much upfront. The latest Ive heard is that with the new CBA a rookie cap will be in effect immediatiely starting in the 2012 draft. Which would mean Luck's class is exempt but is that worth the risk of sitting out a year of no football, working out, or money?

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
If the rookie cap starts in 2012 as you say then it's a done deal. Luck to Carolina because they will not shut the league down.

Thief
12-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Its a double edged sword. Either way the kid is getting millions, he just wont get as much upfront. The latest Ive heard is that with the new CBA a rookie cap will be in effect immediatiely starting in the 2012 draft. Which would mean Luck's class is exempt but is that worth the risk of sitting out a year of no football, working out, or money?Why would you assume he would be sitting on the couch eating potato chips? He would be working with a trainer and specifically gearing his workouts for the pro game and probably have a strength and conditioning coach strapped to his back.

Why would you assume he would have no money? He would no longer have to abide by NCAA rules, and could cash in on his fame, get in commercials, take out a loan, get fronted by agents, and trade his autograph for tattoos.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
If the rookie cap starts in 2012 as you say then it's a done deal. Luck to Carolina because they will not shut the league down.

Owners are more than prepared for a lockout, do I think they'll shut it down and not play next year? No, but do I think they could have a lockout all the way to training camp? Absolutely.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Why would you assume he would be sitting on the couch eating potato chips? He would be working with a trainer and specifically gearing his workouts for the pro game and probably have a strength and conditioning coach strapped to his back.

Why would you assume he would have no money? He would no longer have to abide by NCAA rules, and could cash in on his fame, get in commercials, take out a loan, get fronted by agents, and trade his autograph for tattoos.

True he'll have some money but people proclaiming he's going to have 60 million dollars just sitting around are incorrect.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Luck is no fool, he will go after the millions. Don't buy the staying in school stuff.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
He'll say he's staying until Harbaugh leaves.