PDA

View Full Version : One Area We Dominate

IAG
12-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Watching all of this weather coverage of this blizzard, there would be NO WAY the Bills would cancel a game for snow. It is a badge of honor to play games in awful weather.

One day we will have meaningful games at the Ralph in cold, windy and snowy weather.

Keep your heads up!

Albany,n.y.
12-27-2010, 03:00 PM
If the opponent couldn't get out of their city or into Buffalo International, the game would be postponed. WAY.

LtFinFan66
12-27-2010, 03:02 PM
NFL canceled the game....not Philly

Beebe's Kid
12-27-2010, 03:04 PM
One reason it would take a lot more to cancel a game in Buffalo, is our area of the country is prepared to deal with this kind of snowfall.

I know everybody is a tough guy, but a couple of inches of snow is a lot different without plows and salt.

mikemac2001
12-27-2010, 03:06 PM
its because philly fan sucks

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Game would have been cancelled here too.

hydro
12-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Doubt it, mainly because of everything outlined above by Beebe.

OpIv37
12-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't know- they canceled an 8 pm game around noon because they were worried people wouldnt get there safely. When we have 8 pm games, most of the fans are already in the parking lot getting drunk at noon.

OpIv37
12-27-2010, 03:22 PM
One reason it would take a lot more to cancel a game in Buffalo, is our area of the country is prepared to deal with this kind of snowfall.

I know everybody is a tough guy, but a couple of inches of snow is a lot different without plows and salt.

As someone who grew up in WNY and now lives in northern VA, I can tell you that this is very true. 3" here causes more problems than a foot up there. And on the rare occasion where we get a foot, don't plan on going anywhere for about a day if you have an SUV and two days if you have a regular car.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Doubt it, mainly because of everything outlined above by Beebe.

Yeah our city is so prepared to deal with snowfall that 100s of motorists got stuck on 90 for up to 24 hours a few weeks ago.

We're not specially better at removing snow or dealing with it.

DraftBoy
12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't know- they canceled an 8 pm game around noon because they were worried people wouldnt get there safely. When we have 8 pm games, most of the fans are already in the parking lot getting drunk at noon.

They cancelled the game because they were far more concerned about people leaving safely including the stadium workers. I dont know how much Philly got last night but the concern was that the roads would become impassable by the time the game ended and 70,000+ would be stranded.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
They cancelled the game because they were far more concerned about people leaving safely including the stadium workers. I dont know how much Philly got last night but the concern was that the roads would become impassable by the time the game ended and 70,000+ would be stranded.

That's basically it.

Even if you get the plows out on the main roads, you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to clear out the parking lots so people can even get on the main roads.

And I know here the secondary streets are barely touched.

Mad Max
12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't know- they canceled an 8 pm game around noon because they were worried people wouldnt get there safely. When we have 8 pm games, most of the fans are already in the parking lot getting drunk at noon on Saturday.

fixed

IAG
12-27-2010, 07:01 PM
NFL canceled the game....not Philly

The NFL cancelled the game because the city had a state of emergency in place.

Just don't respond to the thread next time and pass over it.

Night Train
12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
It had nothing to do with playing in the snow. It was the roads and the state of emergency declared by the local communities.