• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Patriots hold Kyle Williams in high regard

Their whole blocking scheme was centered around getting him blocked:

“He’s their best player,’’ guard Logan Mankins said of Williams. “He gets no credit around the league, but if you watch him he destroyed a couple lines this year and he’s had a hell of a year. We knew we had to take care of him. If we got him blocked and the other guys took care of the other guys, we’d have a good chance.’
    I have heard similar praise from other players, including Tom Brady who singled him out as a key player. I have thought in the past that Williams was a high-motor guy who was not special, but from the sounds of what I have heard other players say about him that he is much more than that.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Patriots hold Kyle Williams in high regard

Also means the other front seven players are not good.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

funny you dig up this article. i was thinking during the game yesterday that it looked like the pats offensive game plan was centered around neutralizing Kyle Williams.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

I was amazed. Their whole game plan was built around neutralizing KW and they did a great job doing that. He was beating guys just to find another guy in face right away with their zone blocking scheme. We need DL help that can take advantage when teams do this. I seriously wouldn't be upset if we didn't draft one offensive player next year. This defense is a mess.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Yeah it was obvious they focused all their efforts on him and left Moats and Kelsay 1 on 1 on the outside who couldn't exploit their match-ups.

This just shows what our draft priorities should be. We need a pass rusher.

Comment

Working...
          X