PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick

Buffalo Thriller
12-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Why is this clown still starting? The season has been over, why dont we try these young guys?

T-Long
12-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I think the staff is giving him every opportunity to be their QB moving forward. I think they already know Brohm isn't it, so why take time away from Fitz?

Buffalo Thriller
12-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of Brown..

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I think they already know Brohm isn't it, so why take time away from Fitz?

No way to know until they play them just like what happened with Trent vs. Fitz.

T-Long
12-27-2010, 12:33 PM
No way to know until they play them just like what happened with Trent vs. Fitz.
yeah but they have seen him in practice and the preseason. I think they have already made up their minds on Brohm and I don't see him with the team after this season. I think Fitz and the drafted QB will remain, along with Brown. That is unless they keep Brohm as a 3rd.

PromoTheRobot
12-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Why is this clown still starting? The season has been over, why dont we try these young guys?

23 TDs, 3,000 yards passing in 14 games. Next question?

PTR

Don't Panic
12-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I think the staff is giving him every opportunity to be their QB moving forward. I think they already know Brohm isn't it, so why take time away from Fitz?

Gailey made reference when Fitz took over that Brohm would get a look before the season ended. I understand Fitz starting up to this point, and have supported it, but we know what we have with Fitz. I'd like to get another good look at Brohm before we go into the off-season.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2010, 12:51 PM
This is just a dumb thread.

If Fitz isn't our starting option at QB then we obviously will obtain the QB through this years draft. Who cares about Brown or Brohm? They blow.

ptd86
12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
It is funny how fast everyone forgets how horrid the offense was before Fitz

Beebe's Kid
12-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I am just ****ing stoked to see if Paul Hubbard is going to catch the ball this weekend.

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
yeah but they have seen him in practice and the preseason. I think they have already made up their minds on Brohm and I don't see him with the team after this season. I think Fitz and the drafted QB will remain, along with Brown. That is unless they keep Brohm as a 3rd.

They saw Fritz and Trent in practice as well. Just saying.

Nighthawk
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM

PTR

How many wins? How many games did he take this team on his back and bring him to victory?

Next question?

PromoTheRobot
12-27-2010, 02:36 PM
How many wins? How many games did he take this team on his back and bring him to victory?

Next question?

Two Bills wins were come-from-behind. Oh and the defense has to do their part to win games too. And you call me a football dumbass???

PTR

Nighthawk
12-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Two Bills wins were come-from-behind. Oh and the defense has to do their part to win games too. And you call me a football dumbass???

PTR

What's his career record? It's not all on the defense, just like it is not all on the QB. By the way, NE has one of the worst defenses in the league...what's Brady's record? Or, how about Peyton Manning, who always is working with one of the worst defenses in the league! You cannot just ignore the fact that Fitz just is not a winner...never has been.

SpillerThrills
12-27-2010, 03:24 PM
They saw Fritz and Trent in practice as well. Just saying.

don't you think there was a reason that Trent was the "starter" then cut just 3 or 4 weeks into the season??? Gailey knew he couldn't just cut Trent coming out of training camp, if he failed then Chan got to cut him, if he played well then he might still be on the team.

Historian
12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
This is Fitzpatrick's team.

Deal with it or be spammed.

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
don't you think there was a reason that Trent was the "starter" then cut just 3 or 4 weeks into the season??? Gailey knew he couldn't just cut Trent coming out of training camp, if he failed then Chan got to cut him, if he played well then he might still be on the team.

thats a possibility but it could also be that Trent was playing better at camp. Some of us who went to camps saw that and even thought that Fitz was the odd man out.

Trent was making decent throws at camp . Come gameday when the games did matter, his testicles decided to hide.

Nighthawk
12-27-2010, 03:32 PM

You're kidding Historian...right? If it's Fitz's team, then we should all get used to 4-6 win seasons...

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
What's his career record? It's not all on the defense, just like it is not all on the QB. By the way, NE has one of the worst defenses in the league...what's Brady's record? Or, how about Peyton Manning, who always is working with one of the worst defenses in the league! You cannot just ignore the fact that Fitz just is not a winner...never has been.

Where the hell did anyone compare Ryan Fitzpatrick to two of the greatest quarterbacks of all time? He's adequate for a team with MAJOR holes in it, one of them not being quarterback immediately.

Mad Max
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Unfortunately it's much worse than that, it's Ralph Wilson's team.

alohabillsfan
12-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Lets see who would you rather have Mayo or Poz? Nuff said...

Historian
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
You're kidding Historian...right? If it's Fitz's team, then we should all get used to 4-6 win seasons...

Im serious as a heart attack.

I think the thing that most forget is that Fitz has been a career backup....meaning, he's never had a chance to show what he can do. He's been patiently waiting for an opportunity.

He got it when Edward's looked like the second coming of George Plimpton.

Until he gets a few more games under his belt, makes the mistakes, and gets a little bit better of a supporting cast around him, yes, he's going to break your heart at times.

But so far, he's won the job, and the team is his. I have a felling that he's only going to get better too.

Is he the glamorous pick to lead your franchise?

Hell no.

Can he continue to improve, especially with other weapons....and...god forbid....a defense?

Sure.

He may even surprise you.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Im serious as a heart attack.

I think the thing that most forget is that Fitz has been a career backup....meaning, he's never had a chance to show what he can do. He's been patiently waiting for an opportunity.

He got it when Edward's looked like the second coming of George Plimpton.

Until he gets a few more games under his belt, makes the mistakes, and gets a little bit better of a supporting cast around him, yes, he's going to break your heart at times.

But so far, he's won the job, and the team is his. I have a felling that he's only going to get better too.

Is he the glamorous pick to lead your franchise?

Hell no.

Can he continue to improve, especially with other weapons....and...god forbid....a defense?

Sure.

He may even surprise you.

No offense, Historian...but I think that you've been longing for some resemblance of capable QBing from this team and have been fooled into believing that Fitz is capable of taking this team to the promise land. I'm sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't think Fitz will ever be a Peyton where he can take a crappy run game and crappy D and yet win the game for you on his shoulders . If you have a top D however that can give the ball back to Fitz and a run game that can hurt you we may get somewhere.

However, the last time this team had a decent run at the sb with a running game that can hurt you with a top D as well was when we also had a franchsie qb.

What I saw vs. the pats last sunday scared me. Will Fitz be good enough to beat the Pats year in and year out ? If a team doesn't have a qb that can move the ball vs. BB , a top D may not be enough because as much as I hate to say it, Marsha finds a way.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't think Fitz will ever be a Peyton where he can take a crappy run game and crappy D and yet win the game for you on his shoulders . If you have a top D however that can give the ball back to Fitz and a run game that can hurt you we may get somewhere.

However, the last time this team had a decent run at the sb with a running game that can hurt you with a top D as well was when we also had a franchsie qb.

What I saw vs. the pats last sunday scared me. Will Fitz be good enough to beat the Pats year in and year out ? If a team doesn't have a qb that can move the ball vs. BB , a top D may not be enough because as much as I hate to say it, Marsha finds a way.

This is what I don't get. Everybody who back Fitz being the QB of this team says that we need to build a top D and a top OL to run the ball? Umm, what that tells me is that the QB is not good enough!

Thief
12-28-2010, 01:04 PM
yeah but they have seen him in practice and the preseason. I think they have already made up their minds on Brohm and I don't see him with the team after this season. I think Fitz and the drafted QB will remain, along with Brown. That is unless they keep Brohm as a 3rd.Brohm looked pretty darn good in preseason.

Oh, I should add the Fitz was almost pulled in favor of Brohm at one point this season, and those words came str8 from Gailey.

tampabay25690
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Same reason why people have funny threads........
He should be the starter and EARNED every right to start for this team...............
Levi Brown is an extra arm at prcatice and a guy that can carry a clip board......

Buffalo Thriller
12-28-2010, 02:25 PM

PTR

I see you left out all of his INT amd lost fumbles. Not to mention his starting record.

Historian
12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
After the Johnson-Losman-Edwards debacles, I'm all for the guy who quietly goes about learning the game, and leading by example.

Oh...and his salary is in line too.

SpillerThrills
12-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I see you left out all of his INT amd lost fumbles. Not to mention his starting record.

23 TD's
15 INT's
8 Fumbles
5 Fumbles Lost

Can't find his career starting record... not that it really matters how he played in St. Louis and Cincy.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
23 TD's
15 INT's
8 Fumbles
5 Fumbles Lost

Can't find his career starting record... not that it really matters how he played in St. Louis and Cincy.

Yes, it does matter what his career win/loss record is...oh, and don't forget to post that completion percentage...it's just fantastic!

better days
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes, it does matter what his career win/loss record is...oh, and don't forget to post that completion percentage...it's just fantastic!

Why really does anything other than his play this year matter? This is the 1st year he had Chan as his Coach. Don't you think players can grow & get better especially with good coaching?

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Why really does anything other than his play this year matter? This is the 1st year he had Chan as his Coach. Don't you think players can grow & get better especially with good coaching?

Because he's never produced before and that makes this year wreak of being a fluke.

HAMMER
12-28-2010, 03:55 PM

The answer is no, Nighthawk is so down on Fitz that he can't take the blinders off and realize he is getting better.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
The answer is no, Nighthawk is so down on Fitz that he can't take the blinders off and realize he is getting better.

Yeah, he's getting so much better that every time he plays a good team, he does nothing but turn the ball over.

HAMMER
12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Fitzy for President, he is The Answer.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
23 TD's
15 INT's
8 Fumbles
5 Fumbles Lost

He's played for crap teams his whole career.

Put Jim Kelly on this years Bills and they would still suck.

I do not think Fitz is the long term answer at QB but he does allow the Bills to look elsewhere in the draft next year.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Fitzy for President, he is The Answer.
Is that where ~The Answer went? I was wondering why he doesn't post anymore.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2010, 04:33 PM

See Anderson, Derek.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 04:59 PM
See Anderson, Derek.
but we wont know if he's an Anderson til next year.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2010, 10:00 PM
but we wont know if he's an Anderson til next year.

He's the same type of QB.

Guy who can throw the long ball, has a weak completion % because he's very inaccurate and doesn't protect the football.

I watched this show already, I know how it ends.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
He's the same type of QB.

Guy who can throw the long ball, has a weak completion % because he's very inaccurate and doesn't protect the football.

I watched this show already, I know how it ends.

I doubts he has a huge drop off like Anderson from onr season to another. I think Fitz gets better but not sure with his long balls