PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez may play

T-Long
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
"Obviously, his health is the No. 1 priority, but the fact that he's in such a groove right now ... as the week goes on, we have to [make a decision]," Ryan said on a conference call from Chicago, where the Jets were stranded because of the blizzard in the Northeast.

"My first though was, 'Let's not even play him,' " Ryan said. "But two things: I want to win this game. It's important to win this game. If we get to 11 wins, it's happened only five times in the history of the franchise. That would be huge. Plus, you want to go in with a win.

"But his health is the No. 1 concern. It's a fine line. He's hot right now. We need him to stay at this level. ... So those are the things we'll consider. I don't want to say he's 100 percent in or out, to be honest."
FULL STORY (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5959741)

RockStar36
12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I think resting the starters for the entire game is a bad idea. I also think this bodes well for the Bills and the draft.

Zero
12-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Great news if true. We don't need to win this game.We don't even need to TRY.

justasportsfan
12-27-2010, 01:40 PM
We this this game since their strength and conditioning coach is suspended.

Mad Max
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Well it could just be coach-speak, rah rah gotta win, bla bla, but I hope he means it.

Which would mean that he would play the rest of the starters which should still equate to a Bills loss even if he holds Sanchez out.

mikemac2001
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
just sit fitz i think he has played above average this year and wouldn't mind drafting a QB and running with fitz for a bit next year.....

but just sit fitz and see what we have

baalworship
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
If the Jets play their starting offensive line we will lose. They dominated our D just like New England did yesterday.

Bills need to draft vicious front 7 D players who will knock out that little shi&^ Woodhead next year. Seriously disgusting letting a 150 lb running back run around without injuring him.

YardRat
12-27-2010, 05:59 PM
He'll play at least the first half, unless things get out of hand quicker.

Forward_Lateral
12-28-2010, 06:13 AM
I hope he gets hurt. There's NO reason for the Jets to play their starters more than a few series.

Night Train
12-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Rex Ryan doesn't wish to play footsie with us...

Lone Stranger
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
It doesn't make a difference who they put at quarterback. All he has to do is hand-off and they'll win.

justasportsfan
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Ryan changes mind on Sanchez

After initially learning his team was in the playoffs after the Jets’ loss to Chicago last Sunday, Jets head coach Rex Ryan said he’d probably rest QB Mark Sanchez and his sore throwing shoulder in their season finale against the Bills. Now after further thought, he’s leaning toward playing him.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/28/ryan-changes-mind-on-sanchez/

Mr. Pink
12-28-2010, 04:00 PM
The Jets will make zero attempt to win this game.

If they win they have a chance at having to travel to Indy meanwhile they lose they're going to KC.

Who would you rather play?

Exactly.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM

If they win they have a chance at having to travel to Indy meanwhile they lose they're going to KC.

Exactly.

If this is true, that sucks!

HAMMER
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM

Exactly.

Indy, KC is undefeated at home this year.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-28-2010, 05:19 PM
The 2nd pick is on the line, please buffalo lose this game!

Mr. Pink
12-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Indy, KC is undefeated at home this year.

You'd rather play a proven perennial playoff team with Peyton Manning over a team that has never been there before?

You'd be one of the few.