• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Barrasso won two Stanley Cups with Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH -- Goaltender Tom Barrasso retired Wednesday after playing 19 NHL seasons with six teams, including 12 with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Barrasso won the Stanley Cup with the Penguins in 1991 and 1992. So he could end his career in Pittsburgh, the Penguins signed him to a contract and then announced his retirement.

"Tom was an integral part of our success and our two Stanley Cup championships," said Penguins owner Mario Lemieux, the captain of those championship teams. "He was a tremendous goaltender and a true professional, and we are delighted that he is retiring as a Penguin."

The 38-year-old Barrasso played 44 games the last two seasons after sitting out the 2000-01 season. He finished his career by going 1-4 with a 3.28 goals-against average in six games last season with St. Louis.

Barrasso went 369-277-86 with a 3.24 GAA and 38 shutouts in 777 NHL games with Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Carolina, Toronto and St. Louis.

"It is a real honor for our organization to have a player of such stature such as Tom Barrasso want to retire as a Pittsburgh Penguin," said general manager Craig Patrick.

Goaltender Tom Barrasso retired Wednesday after playing 19 NHL seasons with six teams, including 12 with the Penguins.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Barasso was a good one...

The only other US-born NHL players that I consider at the same talent level as Tom I could count on one hand...Roenick, Chelios, Suter, Modano and Mullen.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
      • Jul 2002

Another X-Buffalonian gets away and wins a championship. I'm getting real sick of seeing this. It's about time somebody won here.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

and me
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Rude American
          EE is my American Idol
          • Jul 2002

Doug,

What about Pat Lafontaine? He was pretty good too. Too bad about his soft mellon.
          You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Don't forget Brett Hull.

Comment

• Rude American
              EE is my American Idol
              • Jul 2002

born in Canada.
              You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Ð
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

I've never been a fan of Pat. Don't know why...

Comment

Working...
                X