PDA

View Full Version : Who Are the "Franchise" Players here

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I keep hearing about a franchise quarterback, a franchise LT, et cetera... If there is apparently a "franchise" player for each position...

What players on this team are "franchise" for their position?

I can think of a few, but I'll reserve my judgment until I hear others opinions.

Nighthawk
12-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I keep hearing about a franchise quarterback, a franchise LT, et cetera... If there is apparently a "franchise" player for each position...

What players on this team are "franchise" for their position?

I can think of a few, but I'll reserve my judgment until I hear others opinions.

We have exactly one franchise player and even he is an iffy choice...Kyle Williams.

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Garrison Sanborn is a franchise LS

Mr. Pink
12-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll still give Moorman a pass on this being an off year and say he's a franchise punter.

Outside of that and Lecters aforementioned player, I got nothing.

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I think Jairus is impressive at his position... a ballhawk is rookie season, and forcing fumbles all over the place this season.

Moorman is Moorman, there isn't much of a replacement for what he does at his position.

Sanborn... very sadly has a say in this conversation.

I do believe that Kyle Williams has been great his entire career, and severely underlooked. Aside from that... Who else? Where isn't there a hole?

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Byrd has been terrible this year. He forced two fumbles.

He has been as bad as Whitner in coverage and is not even close to Whitner in run support.

He has been, quite possibly, the worst DB this year

NOT THE DUDE...
12-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Probably

kyle williams
brian moorman
eric wood

thats about it....

G Wolly
12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Arthur Moats

Buffalo Thriller
12-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Whatever QB we draft in this years 1st draft...

G Wolly
12-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Whatever QB we draft in this years 1st draft...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/3412-1262291013.gif

Mad Max
12-28-2010, 01:23 AM
By definition, a player designated with the Franchise Tag gets paid an average of the top 5 players at his position.

We have nobody deserving that kind of money, hence we have no Franchise players.

(we have some good players...but zero elite players)

YardRat
12-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Nobody, but that doesn't mean they all have to be upgraded.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 07:22 AM
A franchise player is a player you build your team around. Therefor (outside of Sanborn) we have nobody.

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2010, 07:32 AM
A franchise player is a player you build your team around. Therefor (outside of Sanborn) we have nobody.
And where did Sanborn go to college?

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
And where did Sanborn go to college?

Blind squirell found a nut.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, because Sanborn's really helped Moorman with his stellar year so far.

Sanborn is no Mike Schneck.

This team has zero franchise players, and that's the problem.

Figster
12-29-2010, 10:15 AM
The Buffalo Bills take pride in the fact that they are a group of no name players for the most part competing at a high level in the NFL. That's all fine and good with me but, lets not get sucked into the idea that we can't improve from a player perspective.

The Buffalo Bills need a franchise QB to become a playoff contender in my opinion. Its no fluke that the best teams in the NFL normally have a franchise caliber QB at the helm.

I agree Johnny Bugmenot... zero franchise players...and that is the problem...

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 10:30 AM
CORTO!!!!!CORTO!!!!!CORTO!!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Losman!!!!!Losman!!!!!Losman!!!!

:up:

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 10:37 AM
:up:

Saburz, hacked Lecters account.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Byrd has been terrible this year. He forced two fumbles.

He has been as bad as Whitner in coverage and is not even close to Whitner in run support.

He has been, quite possibly, the worst DB this year

Quite possibly? I don't think there is any doubt. And this is coming from an avowed Whitner hater.

Whitner still can't cover a TE to save his life, but he's come up with a few INT's and a few big hits this year. Wilson and Scott are just kind of there- they rarely make impact plays but rarely make big mistakes either. Florence and McKelvin have had bad games, but have had good games too. McGee has been injured and Corner has been OK as the nickel back.

Byrd has struggled all year long. He gets knocked backwards trying to tackle the RB in run support and he hasn't been anywhere near the ball in pass defense. Maybe he's a one-year wonder, maybe he just isn't a fit for the 3-4, maybe he's just in a sophomore slump and he'll rebound next year. But for whatever reason, he was definitely the weak link in the secondary this season.

BillsFever21
12-29-2010, 08:04 PM

SABURZFAN
12-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Saburz, hacked Lecters account.

:chuckle: