PDA

View Full Version : boise state receivers

Crisis
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
where are they projected to go right now?

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Pettis and Young will both be drafted. Can't see either guys before the 5th rd. tough.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Pettis and Young will both be drafted. Can't see either guys before the 5th rd. tough.

Way off.

Young is considered one of the top (if not the top) senior WR in this class. Expect him to go in the top 3 rounds, Pettis likely a round or 2 behind because he isn't as explosive athleticially but runs more technical routes and has stronger hands.

Both will be at the Senior Bowl and should show out.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Well I guess that puts Pettis in rd. five then doesn't it ?

Who cares if he's the top Senior receiver, where is he ranked amongest the receivers in this draft ?

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Well I guess that puts Pettis in rd. five then doesn't it ?

Who cares if he's the top Senior receiver, where is he ranked amongest the receivers in this draft ?

No it puts Pettis in rds 4-5.

Well considering that no Junior has declared yet, he would be ranked near the top when referring to Young.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I believe rds 4 or 5 is the same as the rd. 5 I said. Maybe you have a different draft I don't know about.

Young isn't even in the top-5 of the wr's who will be in this draft.
and his size will hurt him come draft day too.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:09 AM
I believe rds 4 or 5 is the same as the rd. 5 I said. Maybe you have a different draft I don't know about.

Young isn't even in the top-5 of the wr's who will be in this draft.
and his size will hurt him come draft day too.

I dont know about you but to me Round 4 clearly comes before Round 5, maybes that's just me though. Ill be sure to let people know though that they are clearly in the wrong and that's it all just one big round.

When its all said and done maybe he won't be, but that depends on what Jrs declare and as of today that number right now is 0.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Well in two weeks I can name you three underclassmen wr's off the top of my head that will go in rd.1. Green, Jones, Blackmon.
So if you think Young is in that group you better re-evaluate.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Well in two weeks I can name you three underclassmen wr's off the top of my head that will go in rd.1. Green, Jones, Blackmon.
So if you think Young is in that group you better re-evaluate.

Do you read what I write, or do you just make up what I say so that it fits your arguments?

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
I dont know about you but to me Round 4 clearly comes before Round 5, maybes that's just me though. Ill be sure to let people know though that they are clearly in the wrong and that's it all just one big round.

When its all said and done maybe he won't be, but that depends on what Jrs declare and as of today that number right now is 0.

And yes I can tell you of many scouts who have been in the wrong. If some team wants Young in the 3rd it had better not be the Bills.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:14 AM
The number right now is zero but we know what top wr's who are going into the draft, well maybe you don't, I'm not sure.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
And yes I can tell you of many scouts who have been in the wrong. If some team wants Young in the 3rd it had better not be the Bills.

Every scout has been wrong, not sure what the point of that is.

The Bills dont have a need for Young, he doesnt offer anything different than what we have in Parrish and Johnson. WR wise we need a size based guy who has the speed to get deep.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
The number right now is zero but we know what top wr's who are going into the draft, well maybe you don't, I'm not sure.

And since the question was asked today and that number is zero, he is considered a top WR. Notice I never once said I think he'll go for sure in Round 1, I said in the top 3 rounds. Where you got the notion that Im comparing him to any other WR let alone some of the top Jrs Ill never know.

Crisis
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Every scout has been wrong, not sure what the point of that is.

The Bills dont have a need for Young, he doesnt offer anything different than what we have in Parrish and Johnson. WR wise we need a size based guy who has the speed to get deep.

I really like Pettis but you're right he's more of the same of what we have.

He seems like one of those guys who will just find a way to get open with a good football IQ, hands, and good routes....and those guys tend to have long careers.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Simple question were does he rank with the wr's we SUSPECT will be in the draft.
I have to believe you know who those wr's are.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Simple question were does he rank with the wr's we SUSPECT will be in the draft.
I have to believe you know who those wr's are.

Likely between 6-10th or so, right now the guys I expect to declare are;

Broyles
Green
Blackmon
Jones
Floyd

So there is your top 5 without question really.

After that its a mix bag of Hankerson, Jernigan, Young, and Harris.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I really like Pettis but you're right he's more of the same of what we have.

He seems like one of those guys who will just find a way to get open with a good football IQ, hands, and good routes....and those guys tend to have long careers.

I think he could be a very good #2 in the NFL if he can learn how to get seperation off the jam and take better angles on some of his cuts.

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
No way he's going before Hankerson either.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
No way he's going before Hankerson either.

Hankerson has his own issues to deal with from scouts. It will be close with those two.