PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Gabbert is on

X-Era
12-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Mizzou is facing Iowa right now. Tune in and take a look.

tampabay25690
12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Your boy X

tampabay25690
12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I have never seen a QB not move at all....
Quick release I will say..

k-oneputt
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
That was an impressive 1st half.
That's another 1st rd. qb.

JCBills
12-28-2010, 11:49 PM
He's tearing it up right now. Just threw a 2nd pick on the run, but he's made some good throws on the run, showed some good footwork at times, and his accuracy is pretty damn on.

Mad Max
12-29-2010, 12:02 AM
I've seen him play a few times after X started pimpin him.

He seems like an overall good prospect but there are a few things that concern me including the spread offense they run alnost exclusively, his hitch windup, he is accurate...but he is not required to throw much downfield, mostly short passes, numbers are just meh, average athletically.

I wouldn't take him in the first.

Mad Max
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Too bad for Gabbert..that pick 6 ruined an otherwise excellent performance and lost the game for Mizzou. The better team lost.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-29-2010, 12:52 AM
i would take him or mallett with our pick...

blln4lyf
12-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Talent, but he absolutely folds under pressure. He doesn't stand strong when the pressure is coming at him and based on how he even flinches away from contact while releasing the ball I don't see that changing. I'll pass.

X-Era
12-29-2010, 06:25 AM
So, the pick was unacceptable. You just don't make that throw. And usually he doesn't. He tried to force something and made a horrible choice. His decision making is usually very good. He did show he can move the chains and find open guys yet again in this game. As far as mobility, the TD run should show you that he has some wiggle. He's not Vick, but he's not Bledsoe either. As far as arm strength, the guy is just a touch below elite. He can throw anywhere on the field and has a quick release as you have seen.

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2010, 06:29 AM
With a top 5 pick?

Really?

BidsJr
12-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Too bad for Gabbert..that pick 6 ruined an otherwise excellent performance and lost the game for Mizzou. The better team lost.

hahahahahahahaha

T-Long
12-29-2010, 06:56 AM
I like Gabbert, but not Top 5. Definitely a possibility if they are lucky enough to trade down

Night Train
12-29-2010, 07:16 AM
I recorded the game and watched this morning.

Gabbert has lots to work with. Quick, compact release. Sets his feet well. Accurate. Scans the field well. Finds the TE often (Bills need one badly), Sometimes takes off too soon and doesn't progress throuh his reads like he should.. but many college QB's do that.

He nullified a great night by throwing a bad INT at the end of the first half and a horrid one with his team up by 4 with 6 minutes left in the game, which was returned for the winning TD. That throw should have gone into the stands.

I watch 10 times more college than pro. I'm guessing this is the 4th Mizzou game I've viewed this season and Gabbert has NFL skill sets, little question. What the scouts need to determine is poise. Last night wasn't the first time he's pressed in tight games and made questionable throws. For me, that's a biggie but I could still see scouts viewing him in a very favorable light. He's a Junior being evaluated and maybe a 2nd -3rd round talent if he comes out ? I'll leave that up to the professional scouts, not pretenders named Kiper or McShay.

BTW- I see a couple people going on and on about Ryan Mallet. He choked badly against Alabama when the game got tight and reminds me far too much of Bledsoe. His poise is highly questionable in crunch time, stats aside. Not a fan.

DraftBoy
12-29-2010, 07:34 AM
The pick 6 is exactly what I want to see Gabbert go back to school and work on. In big games he tries to do much and he is susceptible to forcing balls late when down. He's a good QB who could be great next year.

Put on a clinic last night and was sad to see it dampened by the last pick but you can't make that throw no matter what and its not the first time he's done that. Right now he's a borderline first rounder, goes back to school shows he can be more clutch and he's a top 10 pick.

X-Era
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
The pick 6 is exactly what I want to see Gabbert go back to school and work on. In big games he tries to do much and he is susceptible to forcing balls late when down. He's a good QB who could be great next year.

Put on a clinic last night and was sad to see it dampened by the last pick but you can't make that throw no matter what and its not the first time he's done that. Right now he's a borderline first rounder, goes back to school shows he can be more clutch and he's a top 10 pick.

Totally agree. His situation reminds me a lot of Mallett's last year as I said. He still looks a bit raw at times and can be too inconsistent just like Mallett. Another year in school may help him develop his decision making and poise further like it did for Mallett. Mallett will be drafted higher than Blaine if they both come out this year, but I like Blaine better to be honest. I wouldn't be unhappy with Mallett but I'd probably rather have Gabbert.

Agree on the ranking too. As a guy who wants us to draft a QB, I could see him being there with our 2nd rounder if he comes out and I would love to have him. I think he can develop further under Gaileys system like he could going back. Fitz will likely start next year and someone like Gabbert can be molded and develop under him. At some point maybe even in the year, he could come in and start. But when he's ready.

For him though, the smart move would be to stay in school and be in the conversation as a top 10 pick next year.

tampabay25690
12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Here is the thing Gabbert looked pretty good sitting in Shotgun all nite....
Great release almost live Phillip Rivers.....Fast as hell......
Has a bit of mobility but definitely not his strong suit.....
I want to see if he can even drop back under the center and have 3, 5, 7 step drop backs. If he can handle that he will sneak in the 1st round....

If Andrew Luck stays in school Gabbert will be going in the 1st round....

Buffalo Thriller
12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
He is staying in school i believe

tampabay25690
12-29-2010, 10:00 AM
He is staying in school i believe

Well until they actually declare we don't know yet.

JCBills
12-29-2010, 10:26 AM

Lol?

Mad Max
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Lol?

I think he's dead serious....today anyway. Tomorrow, if history holds, he'll be singing in another choir.