PDA

View Full Version : Bumbling Buddy Nix

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Besides successfully making the team worse, please list bumbling Buddy Nix's accomplishments so far.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Broken record time!

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
really?????????? another thread like this? get a life

bf1
What's to talk about rockstar?

Ebenezer
Bored, Matt?

RockStar36
I know I'll regret this but here goes.

The Bills are not worst this year than they were last year. Judging solely by the w/l record is about as stupid as can be. It's usually what people who don't watch the games do. And I know you watch them bf1 (or at least I think you do), so I don't understand the logic on using that as your basis.

bf1
You gullible homers need to wake up. The team sucks.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
you're right this team isn't good but it has been more competitive(competeable). did you think buddy was going to swoop in here and fix the team in one year? get a clue man.

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I know I'll regret this but here goes.

The Bills are not worst this year than they were last year. Judging solely by the w/l record is about as stupid as can be. It's usually what people who don't watch the games do. And I know you watch them bf1 (or at least I think you do), so I don't understand the logic on using that as your basis.
You should regret it. It's not a constructive post.

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2010, 10:50 AM
You should regret it. It's not a constructive post.

And yours are?

imbondz
12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
not only do I think our team sucks, I have zero confidence that we are even headed in the right direction. we all got excited when we beat the Lions, The Bengals, the Browns, and the Dolphins (at their house where everyone beat them), we beat the worst teams in the league, big deal.

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
And yours are?
I want to discuss the Buffalo Bills and the terrible GM (imo).

I don't need to have veiled tos violating attacks levied against me.

Night Train
12-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Another "look at me cry" post .

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Uh-uh.

trapezeus
was the expectation of any GM/Coach for the bills to take the jauron roster and make them a certified winner in 2010? Was the expectation that they'd be superbowl bound by 2011?

If that was your expectation, then yes, Nix and Gailey aren't very good.

If your expectation that jauron's half built team that plateued at 7-9 needed to be torn apart and the scrap metal needed to be salvaged from teh rusted body, then gailey and nix aren't so bad.

They discovered an offense. They found receivers that most of us didn't think existed. They cut bait with a QB who was never going to get it. despite injuries to the line, they actually successfully put OL players in a position to succeed.

They are still short on talent, and they are very short on the defensive side. They did very little and seemd to find very little useful pieces in there. Their draft is still young but hardly an impact. the best guy was a late LB pick. Troupe and carrington are invisible. They are young, but invisible.

They actually have us in a position to look towards a draft and say, "we need so and so." Last year, we needed everything and anything.

bf1
Another "look at me cry" post .
Ok, lets discuss how this team is headed in the right direction.

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
More blaming Jauron. lol. He's gone.

It's like Obama blaming Bush blaming Clinton blaming Bush, etc.

k-oneputt
12-29-2010, 10:57 AM
I have to say I haven't been impressed with Nix and this recent draft, but it's still early.
His free agents have been worthless. Green was brought in to start at right tackle. Really. Who in their right mind would make that move.
pluses are Gailey is way way way better a coach yhen Jauron. That isn't even close.
And yes, this team is better then last years.

better days
Ok, lets discuss how this team is headed in the right direction. How

Lets not. If you can't see it for yourself, you are too dense to talk to.

DraftBoy
Well the fact that he pissed off most fans and they seem to think he did things wrong is usually the mark of a GM doing things right. So Im good for now.

bf1
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Lets not. If you can't see it for yourself, you are too dense to talk to.

Although they won 2 LESS games, when they LOST they were more competitive!! Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeAreArthurMoates
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Well the fact that he pissed off most fans and they seem to think he did things wrong is usually the mark of a GM doing things right. So Im good for now.

Hahaha, aint that the truth. You can't change a team overnight if your looking for completely different personell.(Big and physical players)

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM

:snicker:

k-oneputt
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
He did find some good rookie free agent wr's. who will contribute.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Although they won 2 LESS games, when they LOST they were more competitive!! Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't go by records. The 2010 Bills would easily beat the 2009 Bills.

trapezeus
12-29-2010, 11:04 AM
you blame jauron until his mistakes are gone. Obama blames bush until his mistakes are taken care of.

You don't get the luxury of blaming the last guy when he left with a successful campaign. You can't follow Tony Dungy after a superbowl season and put out a 4-12 season and say, "but i inherited Tony's team". you can say that when you have Joe Costanzo on your roster as LB. You can say that when the best the guy who thought these players were good could only go 7-9.

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM

Are you sure about that? Trent would kill our current D with deep bombs.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Nix flipped Lynch for a draft pick. I think that deal worked out well in terms of the current roster and the future.

Stewie
12-29-2010, 11:08 AM

fewer

bf1
12-29-2010, 11:08 AM
It's a shame it's going to take a few years before you Bumbling Buddy Backers see the light. Then you probably will excuse the next lame gm for inheriting Bumbling Buddy's team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
he dumped edwards.. thats a plus

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Just curious, do we think the new regime in Washington has done better because they've won two more games this season?

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
you're right this team isn't good but it has been more competeable. did you think buddy was going to swoop in here and fix the team in one year? get a clue man.

did you really just say "competeable"?

And then thank your own post?

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Just curious, do we think the new regime in Washington has done better because they've won two more games this season?

Don't know but I'm sure the fish have gotten worse :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
did you really just say "competeable?

I think our former President posts on the Bills Zone!

better days
12-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Al Gore was never sworn into office.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2010, 11:21 AM
That "resignates" with me!

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 11:24 AM

cry me a river. :cry:

Figster
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Are you sure about that? Trent would kill our current D with deep bombs.
He did in practice anyway,

Trent Edwards has had a long time now to sit on the bench behind David Garrard and regather himself both physically and mentally. I'm curious to see how TE will perform the next time he's given the chance to start in the NFL. (If given the chance)

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM

excuse me, competitive. i'm at work and just got off vacation. brain is only working at 1/2.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Trent Edwards has had a long time now to sit on the bench behind David Garrard and regather himself both physically and mentally. I'm curious to see how TE will perform the next time he's given the chance to start in the NFL. (If given the chance)

we should try and get him back.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
To be fair, there is reason for concern with Buddy Nix.

I hated the way he handled the whole 1st round pick/Spiller/Lynch scenario. If he was going to trade Lynch anyway, why not do it on/before draft day and get something out of it for THIS season? On top of that, Spiller did nothing this year and we could have gotten equal or better production out of Lynch. So far, the only thing we gained from that is that we don't have to worry about Lynch being suspended again.

Troup has done nothing and looks like McCargo Jr. So we got very little out of our first two draft picks.

His big FA acquisitions were Dwan Edwards, Andra Davis and Cornell Green. Edwards and Davis were only OK and Green is no longer on the team. In fact, we pulled guys like Mansfield Wrotto off the street and they were just as good as Green. What a waste. And as long as we're on the topic of FA's, Ayodele sucks.

The offense improved under Gailey, but George Edwards appears to be in over his head. The D improved over the course of the season, but there is plenty reason for doubt still.

I'll give Nix credit for two things:
1. having the balls to dump Edwards,
2. finding 3 no-name receivers who turned out to be pretty good.

And #1 shouldn't have ever happened because they should have dumped Trent in the off-season.

I realize that Nix inherited a cluster**** and no human could fix that in one off-season, but mistakes are mistakes and Nix has made a ton of them so far. I'm holding out some hope that Nix will fix things and it just takes time, and I do see some improvement this season, so I'm not quite as pessimistic as imbondz or bf1. However, their concerns about Nix and the direction of this team do have a legitimate basis.

cocamide
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Ok, lets discuss how this team is headed in the right direction.

They had a horrible game against the best team in the league. Did everyone not see the playoff bound Jets get pounded by the same team on MNF? They lost worst than we did. Up until the Patsies game, we were playing pretty well. It was hard to argue that the team was headed in the wrong direction before that game, and I don't think one horrible game against the best team in the league means we're now headed in the wrong direction. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
While the signing of Green was terrible, I like that Nix quickly admitted he was wrong and addressed the situation.

Figster
12-29-2010, 11:37 AM
we should try and get him back.

:lolabove: Can you imagine the look on Gaileys face If Nix and RW had a meeting with Chan and told him they had decided to bring TE back into the fold.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 11:37 AM
They had a horrible game against the best team in the league. Did everyone not see the playoff bound Jets get pounded by the same team on MNF? They lost worst than we did. Up until the Patsies game, we were playing pretty well. It was hard to argue that the team was headed in the wrong direction before that game, and I don't think one horrible game against the best team in the league means we're now headed in the wrong direction. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

But it's not one game.

We got blown out by the Vikings by their back-up QB two weeks ago. Remember?

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 11:38 AM
While the signing of Green was terrible, I like that Nix quickly admitted he was wrong and addressed the situation.

That's exactly what he did with Edwards too. It's a trait that our previous FO's have lacked and it's a good trait to have.

But a better trait to have is getting it right the first ****ing time.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:51 AM
But it's not one game.

More like the Bills lost because of turnovers, the Vikings D, and Adrian Peterson. Jackson was almost pure garbage if it wasn't for Sidney Rice going up to make a play.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:51 AM
That's exactly what he did with Edwards too. It's a trait that our previous FO's have lacked and it's a good trait to have.

But a better trait to have is getting it right the first ****ing time.

I agree, but I'll take what I can get.

Bangarang
12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.peta-sucks.com/smf/Smileys/alternate/this_thread_sucks.gif

cocamide
12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
But it's not one game.

Good point. The common theme in both of those games is turnovers. We have to eliminate them. Not sure how that's Nix's fault.

pats-were-right
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
ummm, not for nothing but out of the Bufalo Bills triumvirate of cheapness, Wilson, Nix, and Gailey, Nix is the keeper.

better days
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
ummm, not for nothing but out of the Bufalo Bills triumvirate of cheapness, Wilson, Nix, and Gailey, Nix is the keeper.

I think Gailey is as well.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Ok, it's obvious that Wilson is cheap. And Nix was awful with his FA selections in the one opportunity he's had so far, so I can even buy that he's cheap.

But what does being cheap have to do with Gailey? He's the head coach and he's only been there for one year. He's not responsible for the budget or any monetary decisions.

pats-were-right
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok, it's obvious that Wilson is cheap. And Nix was awful with his FA selections in the one opportunity he's had so far, so I can even buy that he's cheap.

But what does being cheap have to do with Gailey? He's the head coach and he's only been there for one year. He's not responsible for the budget or any monetary decisions.

Gailey (like Nix) is a product of cheapness. When you're a low profile market and you don't spend top $$ on a HC you get the Gaileys of the world.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Gailey (like Nix) is a product of cheapness. When you're a low profile market and you don't spend top $$ on a HC you get the Gaileys of the world.

ok, fair enough. I can buy that.

I thought you were saying that Gailey was responsible for the cheapness, not that he was a bi-product of the cheapness.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Sereco cracks me up, he is such an angry dwarf.

I think it is still early to figure what Nix will be. He is a first-time GM. It is early to judge him.

That said, he needs to avoid certain things, like telling everyone you are going to bed and sitting out the start of free agency. Even if that is your plan, don't brag about it because fans don't want to hear it.

better days
12-29-2010, 01:28 PM
ok, fair enough. I can buy that.

I thought you were saying that Gailey was responsible for the cheapness, not that he was a bi-product of the cheapness.

Well everyone wanted Shannahan. Jerry Jones (in an attempt I'm sure to justify not hiring a HC such as Cowher) said the other day, no HC that won a Super Bowl ever won one with a different team. At this point Chan looks like a better HC than Shanny IMO.

Ingtar33
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM

really?

i'm not so sure about that. This year's offense was the type of offense our defense fed on last year. I compare us to the 2008 chiefs... we're about the same football team. and i seem to remember Jauron's team with Trent under center smoked that awful mess of a football team.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM
as of now i think he did take the best nt, he got a very promising 34de, we have other promising players in moats, easley, batten... and he took a playmaker at 9 in spiller. thats not a bad draft. plus he brought in dwan edwards... its going to take some time. it takes at least 3 years to turn around a franchise...

Extremebillsfan247
12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Besides successfully making the team worse, please list bumbling Buddy Nix's accomplishments so far.Technically its not the worst team, he didn't make it, and since the majority of the players on this team come from the Jauron foundation, its not his mess either, he's in the middle of a process to clean it up. Rome wasn't built in a day, apparently a Jauron catastrophe doesn't end in one either lol. JMO

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 02:56 PM
really?

i'm not so sure about that. This year's offense was the type of offense our defense fed on last year. I compare us to the 2008 chiefs... we're about the same football team. and i seem to remember Jauron's team with Trent under center smoked that awful mess of a football team.
Trent of 08 is not the same Trent of 09. 09 Trent was neutered. 2010 Trent got even worse.

HAMMER
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
you're right this team isn't good but it has been more competeable. did you think buddy was going to swoop in here and fix the team in one year? get a clue man.

competitive

Beebe's Kid
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I'll tell you about Buddy...right after you tell me all of your user-names, so I can update the "ignore" list.

XOXO,

Beebe

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
competitive

excuse me, competitive. i'm at work and just got off vacation. brain is only working at 1/2.

this was already brought to me attention

YardRat
12-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't think Nix is terrible, and given more than one season will make enough 'right' moves to get the team competitive again, but just as any GM he has made mistakes. Cornell Green is the most glaring, IMO.

If you want to blame anybody for Edwards, that finger gets pointed at the HC, OC and QB coach well before you get to the GM that inherited him.

tampabay25690
12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Lets give in 3 years...
It's the guys 1st year at the helm......

SabreEleven
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
you're right this team isn't good but it has been more competitive(competeable). did you think buddy was going to swoop in here and fix the team in one year? get a clue man.

It's been less than one year actually.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2010, 10:04 PM
I like the people who think Nix had nothing to do with the 2009 Draft. He had no input at all in who was drafted, right?

better days
12-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I like the people who think Nix had nothing to do with the 2009 Draft. He had no input at all in who was drafted, right?

He had no input at all with the Maybin pick. It has been well documented that Maybin was Jaurons pick.

After that it gets murkey about how much input he had. So who do you want to complain about? Wood? Levitre? Byrd? I hope he influenced those picks because I am happy with all of them.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Sometimes I wish I was older and that message boards existed in the 80s.

I wonder how people viewed the Bills FO when they spent a first round pick on a QB who didn't even play for two years.

alohabillsfan
12-30-2010, 08:18 AM

That will be Sunday at Houston...

Stewie
12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
this was already brought to me attention

my

Mr. Pink
12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Sometimes I wish I was older and that message boards existed in the 80s.

I wonder how people viewed the Bills FO when they spent a first round pick on a QB who didn't even play for two years.

I'm sure there were fans that thought that pick was terrible and fans who hated Jim Kelly as a person and player til 1988.

k-oneputt
12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm sure there were fans that thought that pick was terrible and fans who hated Jim Kelly as a person and player til 1988.

There are always those fans. There used to be fans in the stadium who actually thought Reich should be starting over Kelly. Kind of like the Boise thing, pulling for the underdog/little guy syndrome.

gebobs
11-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Lets give in 3 years...
It's the guys 1st year at the helm......
Bumped for thread title mentioned in another thread.

So...how's Nix doing?

bf1
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Not good! Buddy's entire plan is based on having every top draft pick work out--which are picks from sucking the year before.

Bangarang
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
3 years later and we still suck something fierce.

We've seen the baby Buddy, and it's ugly.

mjt328
11-26-2012, 03:07 PM
You know what is funny?
The previous regime was blasted for TERRIBLE drafting.

Yet that group managed to find:

Kyle Williams in 2006 (the best player on our defense, 2x Pro Bowler)
Marshawn Lynch in 2007 (will probably make his 3rd Pro Bowl this season)
Paul Posluszny in 2007 (better than any of our current linebackers)
Stevie Johnson in 2008 (our best wide receiver)
Eric Wood and Andy Levitre in 2009 (our two best linemen)
Jairus Byrd in 2009 (our best defensive back, 1x Pro Bowler)

Nix hasn't even come remotely close to that success in three years.
He's basically got Spiller in 2010 and Dareus in 2011. The rest are out of the league, backups or starting only out of necessity.
Glenn looks decent so far this year, but everyone else - including Gilmore - has a LONG way to go.

gebobs
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
You know what is funny?
The previous regime was blasted for TERRIBLE drafting.
Deservedly so. :-)

Marshawn Lynch in 2007 (will probably make his 3rd Pro Bowl this season)
I still think he's a lunatic. Draft character. Not characters.

Paul Posluszny in 2007 (better than any of our current linebackers)
Meh.

Stevie Johnson in 2008 (our best wide receiver)
You know that was just dumb luck.

bf1
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I know this clown was a fraud from day 1.

SpikedLemonade
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Yup.