PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards to start for the Jags

T-Long
12-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Thought this was interesting...if the Colts lose and the Jags win, Edwards would lead them to a playoff berth.

Full Story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/david-garrard-out-for-jaguars-season-finale/)

Figster
12-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Thought this was interesting...if the Colts lose and the Jags win, Edwards would lead them to a playoff berth.

Full Story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/david-garrard-out-for-jaguars-season-finale/)

Wow, we were just discussing TE in another thread, ask and the football Gods deliver,

Good LuckTrent!

psubills62
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Excellent news for us. Jacksonville losing may help us jump Cincy for draft position.

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Also excellent news because Jacksonville in the playoffs would be a total disaster.

elltrain22
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
12/24 125 yds 0 tds 1 int

and alot of 3 and outs

trapezeus
12-29-2010, 12:02 PM
i really want the best teams possible in the playoffs. i need like a drug to watch a team knock the patriots out. The jags aren't that team with or without edwards.

Figster
12-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Also excellent news because Jacksonville in the playoffs would be a total disaster.

Probably not much chance of the Titans upsetting the Colts anyway, but you never know,

Bangarang
12-29-2010, 12:05 PM
The end of the game will probably look something like this..

Jags down 6 with 24 seconds left in the 4th quarter and no time outs on their own 46 yard line. 2nd down and 11. Trent takes the shotgun snap and drops back. Checks down for a 2 yard gain. 3rd and 9 and Edwards spikes the ball to stop the clock with 6 seconds to go in the game.

4th and 9 on their own 48 yard line. The Jags have one last hope to score and make the playoffs. Trent takes the snap and drops back. He's getting pressured and escapes out of the pocket only to run out of bounds after a 1 yard gain.

Jags lose.

Michael82
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
The end of the game will probably look something like this..

Jags down 6 with 24 seconds left in the 4th quarter and no time outs on their own 46 yard line. 2nd down and 11. Trent takes the shotgun snap and drops back. Checks down for a 2 yard gain. 3rd and 9 and Edwards spikes the ball to stop the clock with 6 seconds to go in the game.

4th and 9 on their own 48 yard line. The Jags have one last hope to score and make the playoffs. Trent takes the snap and drops back. He's getting pressured and escapes out of the pocket only to run out of bounds after a 1 yard gain.

Jags lose.
:rofl:

better days
12-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Wow, we were just discussing TE in another thread, ask and the football Gods deliver,

Good LuckTrent!

If Trent has a bad game will you give it up, or have an excuse at the ready?

Mad Max
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
http://media.nj.com/photogallery/photo/4372532966ca3caf2f8e579f3285341e.jpg

RockStar36
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM
i really want the best teams possible in the playoffs. i need like a drug to watch a team knock the patriots out. The jags aren't that team with or without edwards.

Looks like you're in for a rough postseason then.

Of course, I'm the same way with Pittsburgh.

Figster
12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
If Trent has a bad game will you give it up, or have an excuse at the ready?

Trent has had ample opportunity to learn the Jags offense,

No excuses from me, been there, done that,

to many times...

trapezeus
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks like you're in for a rough postseason then.

Of course, I'm the same way with Pittsburgh.

I think the ravens suck and are on the decline, but i could see them as being the only team to really deal with the patriots from the AFC. They are the only team that i think could still get in brady's head.

As for the NFC, i think the saints to be considered a great team would have to beat the patriots. that would seal the deal for me to say Brees is an elite QB. I believe that already, but the added hardware would make it impossible for other to argue otherwise.

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Trent will be fine......until he gets hit and then starts dunking again.

ServoBillieves
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Somewhere in the distance I hear Taps playing. And justasportsfan has a strong point... Trent hasnt been hit in a while. He could revert to his slightly above average self

Mr. Pink
12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Indy ain't losing to Tenn at home. So what Edwards does or doesn't do is meaningless.

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Garrard was the 6th most sacked qb in the league .

Although the texans D sacks is ranked at the lower half

imbondz
12-29-2010, 04:14 PM
what if the Jags win, Colts lose, Trent takes Jacksonville to the SuperBowl and wins. not gonna happen but we would all have to be institutionalized if it did.

TigerJ
12-29-2010, 04:41 PM
That should be a fascinating game to see, just to see whether Edwards can shake the tentativeness that made him hopelessly ineffective in Buffalo. If he can, I would probably feel just a bit of anger in asking, why couldn't he have done so in Buffalo.

Night Train
12-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Right . Edwards will lead them to the playoffs..

..and I'm one phone call away from dating Scarlett Johansson..

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
..and I'm one phone call away from dating Scarlett Johansson..

you might be if I decide to dump her .

BillsFever21
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I wish this game was on my local TV. I'd like to see it. Even if he played good it wouldn't mean he was turning the corner. The guy is and always was a dud. I still can't believe that most around here thought he was our next franchise QB. He never showed anything from day one.

Mad Max
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I wish this game was on my local TV. I'd like to see it. Even if he played good it wouldn't mean he was turning the corner. The guy is and always was a dud. I still can't believe that most around here thought he was our next franchise QB. He never showed anything from day one.

watch it on your computer

El Guapo
12-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Gerrad is having surgery on his middle finger, Trent will get the start against Houston Sunday.

Thief
12-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Yay! That will be an exciting game, lol.

But seriously, it will be nice watching him suck for someone else.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Sigh...

Merged...

streetkings01
12-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Edwards - 13/25 160yds 1td 2int

I predict he'll start the opening drive going 5/7 55yds 1td and the we should've kept Trent over Fitz threads will start on bb.com........then he'll finish the game 7/18 105yds 2int(1 a pick 6) and a few almost INTS.

Bill Cody
12-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Gerrad is having surgery on his middle finger

I might need surgery on mine. Overuse.

Historian
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Knowing Buffalo's luck, Edwards will probably get a ring carrying the clipboard for Brady or Manning some day.

Figster
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Knowing Buffalo's luck, Edwards will probably get a ring carrying the clipboard for Brady or Manning some day.

Many folks seem to think TE is a career backup, I could see a quality team like the Pats or Colts considering Trent as someone who could step in a win a game or two when called upon.

The game this weekend against the Texans is big for Trent's career, it can make or break him.

I've never really understood all the hatred for a player that gave his all to a football team...

justasportsfan
12-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Many folks seem to think TE is a career backup, I could see a quality team like the Pats or Colts considering Trent as someone who could step in a win a game or two when called upon.

The game this weekend against the Texans is big for Trent's career, it can make or break him.

I've never really understood all the hatred for a player that gave his all to a football team...

he gave it his all? He didn't even try. The guy dinks the ball because he doesn't want to get hit. Fitz gives it his all. Unlike Trent Fitz takes chances. He tries to make something happen. Trent just chickens out and dunks it away.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
That should be a fascinating game to see, just to see whether Edwards can shake the tentativeness that made him hopelessly ineffective in Buffalo. If he can, I would probably feel just a bit of anger in asking, why couldn't he have done so in Buffalo.

I'll put myself out there and say there isn't a ****ing chance.

I, like so many other fans, kept waiting for it to happen here, and it isn't going to. Unfortunately, he is damaged goods, as far as playing QB goes.

I hope he does well in his other ventures.

Figster
12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
he gave it his all? He didn't even try. The guy dinks the ball because he doesn't want to get hit. Fitz gives it his all. Unlike Trent Fitz takes chances. He tries to make something happen. Trent just chickens out and dunks it away.

I've seen Trent Edwards slammed to the turf and concussed more then once while trying to allow a pass pattern time to develop. The easiest thing in the world is to throw a ball up for grabs like Ryan Fitzpatrick continues to do on a regular basis in my opinion.

Myself personally, Trent Edwards might be damaged goods, but I want a QB that protects the football in key situations and not someone who continues to throw caution to the wind/turnovers.

SABURZFAN
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
who the hell cares? he's not on the Bills.

better days
12-30-2010, 05:40 PM
I've seen Trent Edwards slammed to the turf and concussed more then once while trying to allow a pass pattern time to develop. The easiest thing in the world is to throw a ball up for grabs like Ryan Fitzpatrick continues to do on a regular basis in my opinion.

Myself personally, Trent Edwards might be damaged goods, but I want a QB that protects the football in key situations and not someone who continues to throw caution to the wind/turnovers.

When Fitz throws the ball up for grabs it is usually downfield & has the same effect as a punt. When Trent throws an int it is within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage, often a pick 6 for the other team.

I will take a QB that takes chances like Fitz over a QB that runs out of bounds on 4th down anyday myself.

BillsFever21
12-30-2010, 06:03 PM

Like Trent didn't have many TO's? He turned the ball over quite often. Especially considering his TD/INT ratio and that he was a pussy that didn't take any chances. Considering how scared and safe he tried to play he shouldn't have hardly had any INT's or fumbles. His yearly stats doesn't show as many because he could only make it through maybe 10 games at the most in a season.

mikemac2001
12-31-2010, 12:07 AM
I hate trent

NOT THE DUDE...
12-31-2010, 06:35 AM

have you ever heard of ummm brett farve, jim kelly, terry bradshaw, jay cutler, kurt warner, tony romo, john elway, dan marino, eli manning, aaron rodgers... those qbs made a living from taking chances. this just in, in order to be a good qb you must take chances. the coverage is usually spot on and requires a risky throw. along with anticipating open spots in coverage and keeping a 2-1 td/int, fitz does all this...

Figster
12-31-2010, 09:27 AM
have you ever heard of ummm brett farve, jim kelly, terry bradshaw, jay cutler, kurt warner, tony romo, john elway, dan marino, eli manning, aaron rodgers... those qbs made a living from taking chances. this just in, in order to be a good qb you must take chances. the coverage is usually spot on and requires a risky throw. along with anticipating open spots in coverage and keeping a 2-1 td/int, fitz does all this...

Does it all including turn the ball over,

The big difference between all these QB's you named and you can even include Trent Edwards on the list is these guys have good accuracy and Fitzpatrick does not. Another big difference is none of the QB's you mentioned fumble the ball as much as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick has 42 INT's and 25 fumbles in 41 games. (almost 1/1 TD/INT career)

Trent Edwards is damaged goods and may never bounce back from it and I get that, regardless, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer...

justasportsfan
12-31-2010, 11:14 AM

so what? As if Fitz hasn't been hit before either yet he gets up and still tries to make plays.

Figster
12-31-2010, 11:27 AM
so what? As if Fitz hasn't been hit before either yet he gets up and still tries to make plays.

You posted that TE shys away from the hits which with all due respect, I don't think is true considering all the nasty hits Trent has taken in his career with Buffalo while waiting for pass patterns to develop. Trent has also taken off and ran with the ball numerous times in his career, does that sound like a QB who's scared to take hits?

All intelligent QB's checkdown, which is a much smarter thing to do then throw INT's

ServoBillieves
12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
... In other news, Garrard is on IR, so even if Edwards leads them to the playoffs, he will be leading them through it too.

He will be joined by Alvin Bowen, who took Garrards place on the roster.

Extremebillsfan247
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM

Full Story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/david-garrard-out-for-jaguars-season-finale/)Somebody misses him I think. lol

better days
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
You posted that TE shys away from the hits which with all due respect, I don't think is true considering all the nasty hits Trent has taken in his career with Buffalo while waiting for pass patterns to develop. Trent has also taken off and ran with the ball numerous times in his career, does that sound like a QB who's scared to take hits?

All intelligent QB's checkdown, which is a much smarter thing to do then throw INT's

When it is 3rd & 20 it is much smarter to throw downfield & take a chance than to check down to a RB in the backfield. When Trent takes off & runs, he runs BACk rather than forward LOSING EVEN MORE yardage.

justasportsfan
01-01-2011, 02:38 PM
he checks down even when he's not pressured. In other words he doesn't even try to make a play becuase he doesn't even give his wr's a chance to make a play. He gives up on himself and his teammates.

Fitz is the opposite, whether it's an undrafted rookie or a no.1 wr on the team he TRIES to give them a chance .

If Trent was our qb, Parrish would still be a bust , Stevie and the rest would look like crap.

mayotm
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM

All intelligent QB's checkdown, which is a much smarter thing to do then throw INT'sThroughout this thread, you're sounding like yet another Trent Edwards apologist.

Philagape
01-01-2011, 03:02 PM

With Trent, we got plenty of both, so I don't see the point

Mad Max
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Does it all including turn the ball over,

The big difference between all these QB's you named and you can even include Trent Edwards on the list is these guys have good accuracy and Fitzpatrick does not. Another big difference is none of the QB's you mentioned fumble the ball as much as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick has 42 INT's and 25 fumbles in 41 games. (almost 1/1 TD/INT career)

Trent Edwards is damaged goods and may never bounce back from it and I get that, regardless, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer...

The lengths people go to to try to win an internet argument.

Arguing who's the better of a former Bill who was a scrub and a current Bill who is a scrub. Really?

mayotm
01-01-2011, 04:00 PM
The lengths people go to to try to win an internet argument.

Arguing who's the better of a former Bill who was a scrub and a current Bill who is a scrub. Really?Fitzpatrick probably isn't the long term solution. However, he certainly didn't play like a "scrub" this year.

Figster
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Throughout this thread, you're sounding like yet another Trent Edwards apologist.

and for folks who dislike him I know it gets old...

ChristopherWalken
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Knowing Trent, he will have a ood game and get them a win, leaving Jags fans everywhere wondering if this might be the guy to lead them to the promise land........only to find out 1-2 years later that he's a timid little girl that can't see longer than 6 yards down the field.

Philagape
01-01-2011, 10:28 PM
and for folks who dislike him I know it gets old...

Why on earth would anyone dislike him???!!?!?!??!??

Figster
01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Why on earth would anyone dislike him???!!?!?!??!??

Myself personally, I like Trent Edwards so why are you asking me???!!!?!?!?!???

Note: I'm probably one of TE's biggest fans. I'll be the first to admit I let my high expectations of Trent get the best of me and when he failed here in Buffalo it was (still is) a bitter pill to swallow. Then to make matters worse, its like all the TE supporters from the past slipped away with their collective tails between their legs. So the guy failed here in Buffalo, I've got nothing to be ashamed of, I was backing the starting QB of my Football team,the guy I thought would help us win a Championship.

I was wrong...

mayotm
01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
and for folks who dislike him I know it gets old...It's not a matter of liking him. I was one of the people who felt Gailey could get him going in the right direction. It was painfully obvious after the first two games that Trent wasn't the answer. He received a fair chance. It didn't work out. No need to continue making excuses for him.

better days
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
It's not a matter of liking him. I was one of the people who felt Gailey could get him going in the right direction. It was painfully obvious after the first two games that Trent wasn't the answer. He received a fair chance. It didn't work out. No need to continue making excuses for him.

I don't think anyone can get anything out of Trent if Chan couldn't. I will be very surprised if he does anything today.

The Natrix
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Can someone give a link to watch this game? Thanks.

justasportsfan
01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
2-5-JAC 41 (10:24) T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to M.Lewis.

3-5-JAC 41 (10:19) (Shotgun) T.Edwards sacked at JAC 33 for -8 yards (T.Nolan).

Philagape
01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Myself personally, I like Trent Edwards so why are you asking me???!!!?!?!?!???

Note: I'm probably one of TE's biggest fans. I'll be the first to admit I let my high expectations of Trent get the best of me and when he failed here in Buffalo it was (still is) a bitter pill to swallow. Then to make matters worse, its like all the TE supporters from the past slipped away with their collective tails between their legs. So the guy failed here in Buffalo, I've got nothing to be ashamed of, I was backing the starting QB of my Football team,the guy I thought would help us win a Championship.

I was wrong...

We didn't leave him, he left us

PUCKER
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
We didn't leave him, he left us

We dumped him.

PUCKER
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
1 of 5 for 16 yards??? Wow...

The Natrix
01-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Luckily for Trent Jax has a great running game going.

justasportsfan
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
1-7-HOU 7 (2:00) T.Edwards pass short left to M.Lewis for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Mad Max
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
wow..how bad is houston defensively

The Natrix
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I could have made that TD throw.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Edwards is up to his normal horrible self.

baalworship
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Cool, we need him to lose. His crappy play could finally help the Bills.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Cool, we need him to lose. His crappy play could finally help the Bills.

This game won't make a difference to us for our draft order. The Texans have 5 wins and we have four.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
This game won't make a difference to us for our draft order. The Texans have 5 wins and we have four.

sos? r u paying attention?

psubills62
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Houston has the worst defense in the league. But still, Edwards is 4/12 for 43 yards. Wow.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I actually wish Trent would've played an alright game and won with an Indy loss. I'd like to see the Colts miss the playoffs.

baalworship
01-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I actually wish Trent would've played an alright game and won with an Indy loss. I'd like to see the Colts miss the playoffs.

I would rather have the #3 pick in the draft than the #4 pick. You should be cheering for Indy.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
The Titans have 6 wins right now and the Texans have 5 wins. Their games mean nothing to our draft position. We only have four wins. I don't see where anybody is getting that these make a difference in our draft order.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Edwards: 12-25, 142 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. A normal Trent game today. New team same outcome. It's actually a plus for him that he even threw a TD pass.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 06:20 PM
You guys must be talking about tiebreakers or something.

Cleve
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Bwahahaha, Edwards rating was a squalid 62.1 and only 140 yds passing. Even though he's playing for a better team, he still sucks. His average yds per pass was only 5.6 yds, so Captain Checkdown is alive and well in Jacksonville.