PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe update

justasportsfan
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
“As time went by I just felt like everything happens for a reason,” said Parrish. “At least I was able to show what I’m capable of doing at receiver. It could’ve been worse. I could’ve been injured before I did anything and then the offseason would’ve been harder.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/29/roscoe-update-2/

CAbills
12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Good to hear. Seems like such a while ago roscoe was playing, makes you forget that he was probably our best receiver first half of the season.

ServoBillieves
12-29-2010, 10:53 PM
With the new guys stepping up, I find myself sometimes forgetting about Marcus Easely and Sco are still lurking on the roster. It's been said numerous times before, but if there is one major hole that this team doesn't have, it's at WR.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2010, 08:41 AM
I miss Sco, and I bet Fitzy misses him quite a bit too. Sco made a few spectacular catches. The young guys are good, and should get better, but none of them has made any really nice catches. In fact, they've dropped balls that they should have had.

I know that the young WR's seem to be the consensual "good vibes" story of the year, but the truth is Fitz has made them look good, and they have not really returned the favor.

It is good to know that Sco will be back in the fold next year.

wmoz11
12-30-2010, 08:46 AM
There are some interesting decisions ahead regarding the WR position. Lee and Stevie will be on the outside - and then there's Nelson, Jones, Parrish, and Easley. I'd expect to see even more spread formations next season with all 6 guys getting playing time.

Though unspectacular, we should be deep at that position.

ZAZusmc03
12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm pumped for our wrs next year. It will be great to have sco back and I'm excited to see what easley can do in regular season action. With the play of Stevie and our other young guys, I no longer am upset with the quick decision to put easley on IR.

dasaybz
12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know, I think our WRs are actually pretty weak. Since Stevie dropped that ball against Pitt, he's been pretty bad. He drops balls all over the field. Lee can't run a slant pattern and the rest of our WRs can't get open. Sure, Roscoe is a nice player, and may even be our best WR, but other than that, our guys are pretty average, to below average.

Do you think it's any coincidence that Fitzpatrick's play started to slip when he started losing his WRs? Give Fitz a stud at WR, and you'll see him play much better.

k-oneputt
12-30-2010, 10:51 AM
just think many here wanted to keep josh reed over roscoe.

streetkings01
12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
I think Nix has to at least entertain offers for Lee. If we could pull off a player for player trade or a 2nd rd pick.........I'd pull the trigger.

Jan Reimers
12-31-2010, 08:14 AM
There are some interesting decisions ahead regarding the WR position. Lee and Stevie will be on the outside - and then there's Nelson, Jones, Parrish, and Easley.
And Roosevelt, who may be a better receiver than Jones, although not as good on special teams.

mybills
12-31-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm pumped for our wrs next year. It will be great to have sco back and I'm excited to see what easley can do in regular season action.
:up:

YardRat
12-31-2010, 09:13 AM
I'd still take Reed over Parrish.