• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bruins Thrashers tonight

If you get a chance to see this game tonight watch it... The Bruins and Thrashers got into it late in their last matchup when Meyer went high on Lucic. All hell broke loose... tonight should be a physical game to say the least.

Feel free to mute, since most of you dispise Edwards.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Bruins Thrashers tonight

You mean the game where Lucic suckered some guy and didn't get suspended for it?

I also would like to note that Savard keeps jumping into these little scrums and pretty soon he's gonna end up with another concussion.

D & S Sports

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
      You mean the game where Lucic suckered some guy and didn't get suspended for it?

I also would like to note that Savard keeps jumping into these little scrums and pretty soon he's gonna end up with another concussion.
      Maybe Colin Campbell was right about Savard. Though I still think Campbell is an idiot.

Comment

• RockStar36
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        Maybe Colin Campbell was right about Savard. Though I still think Campbell is an idiot.
        There is a good chance he is.

Also interesting how Bruins players seem to avoid punishment. Odd. It's like Campbell's son plays for them or something.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Ugh, I have to listen to Edwards for this Saturday's game...he is a bigger homer than the White Sox announcer's.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            Ugh, I have to listen to Edwards for this Saturday's game...he is a bigger homer than the White Sox announcer's.
            "He-gone"

BERNIAC!

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Edwards and the FSN Pittsburgh announcers are in a dead heat for worst announcers in the NHL.

Edwards might be worse though because he is always a ***** and makes condescending remarks real casually like nobody will notice. My biggest issue with the Pens announcers is their homerism, but I guess that's to expected from any team that has had so much success recently.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Because Dishnetwork blows, I rarely get MSG on CenterIce much...These last two games against Edmonton and Calgary were on TSN and those announcers were pretty good. Called a good game and were down the middle for the most part.

They did bring up Lindy Ruff's tenure as the Sabres coach and their last point was about how long he has been coach but without much success. They were questioning why we would be here so long without winning a Cup.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Is that Jon Gruden calling the game?
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

What do you guys think about the hit on Lucic? I have no problem with it at all.
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Its easy to see why the rest of the league hates Edwards he's as big of a homer as you get. But you have to admit it's fun to have a hometown guy be that ridiculous if its for the team you're rooting for.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

There is being a homer and than there is Jack Edwards who is pretty much in a league of his own...He had no problem with the cheap shot by Lucic.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          There is being a homer and than there is Jack Edwards who is pretty much in a league of his own...He had no problem with the cheap shot by Lucic.
                          Oh my God that guy made me sick with the announcing. That was an extremely clean hit. He "might" have barely grazed the chin. He completely hit him in the chest. Then Lucic hits him while he is engaged. Real friggin brave of him. Then to suggest that Little would get killed because he tangled with Savard. I think Savard actually threw the first punch. Savard grabbed McCormick off the pile in the last game we had with Boston. Guy is going to get his clock cleaned.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            If you get a chance to see this game tonight watch it... The Bruins and Thrashers got into it late in their last matchup when Meyer went high on Lucic. All hell broke loose... tonight should be a physical game to say the least.

Feel free to mute, since most of you dispise Edwards.

By the way Mike. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While reading this post and watching the fight (because my oldest loves hockey fights) she said, "hey, didn't he spell despise wrong?"

Comment

• SkateZilla
                              • Dec 2002

Unless they have a surprise announcement of the Sale of the buffalo Sabres to Mr. P, then I got better things to do....
                              Skate Zilla
                              -----------------------
                              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                              X