• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

danny batten?

would anyone be suprised if danny batten starts next year at strong side olb? he is very strong (30) reps and fast, quick, etc. good hand use.

he seems like he could be a koa misi type... could he beat out kelsay?

im thinking merriman or moats start at the jack next year... or we pick someone up in the draft etc.
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: danny batten?

I keep seeing people talking about Merriman, he is not a Bill and very likely won't even get an offer.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
      would anyone be suprised if danny batten starts next year at strong side olb? he is very strong (30) reps and fast, quick, etc. good hand use.

he seems like he could be a koa misi type... could he beat out kelsay?

im thinking merriman or moats start at the jack next year... or we pick someone up in the draft etc.
      I read that he is now studying/working at ILB.

Comment

• theanswer74
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
        I keep seeing people talking about Merriman, he is not a Bill and very likely won't even get an offer.
        Dont be so sure. Merriman is a Nix guy. I dont know what Nix's plans are for Merriman. He may see Merriman as a pro bowl OLB still and uses the franchise tag on him.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Merriman is gone. He never wanted to be here in the first place.

As far as Batten, our LB's are TERRIBLE. It will be a big disappointment if he and Moats both aren't starting next year.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Sure...a 6th round pick that didn't make it through camp his rookie year??? I wouldn't be surprised if he was an All-Pro next year.

Dude..this guy might be good...maybe even really good to great, but he hasn't even played yet.

I appreciate the excitement for the team, as I think many do, but how can we really have a good discussion on what Danny Batten means to next years team???

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
              Sure...a 6th round pick that didn't make it through camp his rookie year??? I wouldn't be surprised if he was an All-Pro next year.

Dude..this guy might be good...maybe even really good to great, but he hasn't even played yet.

I appreciate the excitement for the team, as I think many do, but how can we really have a good discussion on what Danny Batten means to next years team???
              it's a testament to
              a) how bad our current LB's are and
              b) how little faith we have in the FO to look outside the current roster to do something about it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

There is 0% chance Nix franchises Merriman. If you think that, I suggest you put the pipe down.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Merriman is gone. He never wanted to be here in the first place.

As far as Batten, our LB's are TERRIBLE. It will be a big disappointment if he and Moats both aren't starting next year.
                  The only way this isn't true is if we are the only one that offers a real contract.

Odds are low, because:

1. I don't see us offering this guy big money... Kelsay signing was bad (still don't think Nix had anything to do with it,) but could you imagine if we put the Franchise tag on Merriman???

2. Somebody is going to take a chance on him. Somebody is going to pay him wayyy too much money. Hell, he may even end up earning it, but moves are all gambles, of varying degrees of risk....Merriman is not a risk I would want to wrap up millions of dollars in.

If Merriman doesn't get the offer he thinks he should, and we are, somehow, the highest bidder for a reasonable amount...he may come back. I doubt it, and I think the whole thing stunk, so I wouldn't offer him anything.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    it's a testament to
                    a) how bad our current LB's are and
                    b) how little faith we have in the FO to look outside the current roster to do something about it.
                    The few games that he was able to play, half way healthy, I can say that I didn't hate Reggie Torbor as bad as I thought I would.

Andra Davis wasn't really a bad pick up...again, before the injury that landed him on IR.

I am well aware of how you feel about last off-season...it took some reading between the lines, but I was able to come away with a conclusion that you didn't like it. I didn't exactly get all hot and bothered about it, but the CBA had everything all ****ered up. Hopefully they get **** settled, and this year's FA class is comparable to most years, and we can actually add some serious quality.

We can quote the Who, and put the "whoa is us" spin on everything, but Nix is a new GM, and I think that a year of hands on evaluation of the talent by he and Chan will be huge for them, in terms of moving forward.

I guess that as we move into the off-season, we'll all assume our normal positions... Mitchell with his mocks, and "should we sign" threads, you with your "here we go again," and "meet the new boss..," and me with my Kool-Aid and pom-poms.

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

I don't know.... but if he was a 7th rounder or undrafted he would be a shoe in.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

I got 1000ZBs that says Batten doesn't even make the team next year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I'm in.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Who knows ? He's rehabbing and no one has seen him.

That's quite a leap of faith. To me, he's just like any unproven draft pick going into our next camp. A candidate for a roster spot.

There's a fine line between blind faith and a vivid imagination without any substance.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ebenezer

how does kelsay make the team but batten doesnt???

Comment

Working...
                              X