PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck

Saratoga Slim
12-30-2010, 08:10 PM
On sirius this afternoon, BOTH Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan said that they've been hearing that the Panthers are not a lock to take Luck. pat said that the owner doesn't want to spend #1 QB money, and that he may be inclined to push the new coach to build around Clausen.

sounds crazy to me too, but just thought I'd pass it along.

nolimit
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
making it vital that we lose this game sunday....

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
the owner doesn't want to spend #1 QB money,

The owner of the Panthers is going to have to write a $ 50 million cheque regardless of what position the No.1 overall is so the Panthers might as well go ahead and take Luck...The only way the Panthers owner saves money is if the Panthers trade down..

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
this is all wishful thinking. dont start getting all excited cause the bills will **** up and win on sunday and screw us anyway

Crisis
12-30-2010, 08:52 PM
the chances of the bills picking #2, with luck coming out, and carolina passing on him is the kind of dumb luck only the patriots could have....no way we're this lucky.

i think buffalo used its one miracle per decade on the sabres new ownership anyways

Ebenezer
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
IF Luck enters the draft.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Trade up and take the best player available... but Luck has me worried. Maybe it's a hunch, but I've got a bad vibe about the kid.

cocamide
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
making it vital that we lose this game sunday....

I was one of the ones who always said we need to play to win, but for this week, I'm rooting for us to lose.

Ebenezer
12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
I was one of the ones who always said we need to play to win, but for this week, I'm rooting for us to lose.
...and the good news is that Brohm might start!

BillsFever21
12-30-2010, 09:45 PM
The owner of the Panthers is going to have to write a $ 50 million cheque regardless of what position the No.1 overall is so the Panthers might as well go ahead and take Luck...The only way the Panthers owner saves money is if the Panthers trade down..
That's not entirely the case. Even though they are drafting number one no matter what it would cost more to sign a QB with that pick then it would to sign other positions. It's just the nature of the draft. The QB's demand much more money then a LB or RB would cost, etc.

The rookies are way to overpaid and this needs to be addressed in the next CBA. Rookies shouldn't be stepping into the NFL without ever proving themselves first and being the highest paid players at their positions. It's ******ed economics and it's also not fair to veterans who proved themselves. I would imagine it doesn't create a very good environment in the lockerroom either. Especially if that player is a big time bust.

The worst teams in the league should be looking forward to having that higher pick to try and improve their team and not be looking at it as a detriment. It's especially horrible in the Top 5. There is a reason why teams have trouble trading down from them positions. It's because not many teams are willing to take on that extra money.

You figure if you are drafting 9th you can pick a player for about 6 million a year on average. If you are drafting 4th you are looking at about 10 million and it only goes up from there.

Buffalogic
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
It's gonna be a Reggie Bush situation and we're going to be gifted Luck. Luck and Spiller on offense would just be amazing.

Don't Panic
12-30-2010, 10:51 PM

Either way, I'll take the #2 pick. If Luck is there, we are set at QB. If not, we have the 2nd best defensive player in the draft (at worst). For the first time this season, I am not rooting for us to win. This may require not even watching the game.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2010, 11:00 PM
He will, bank on it.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I could see Carolina trading the 1st pick.

CAbills
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
I could def seeing Carolina trading down out of 1st pick, if I remember right doesn't the Pats have their only round 2 pick? they have alot of holes to fill and need as many picks as they can, like the bills.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-31-2010, 01:57 AM
MOTHER****ING LOSE SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mayotm
12-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Just stop it already with Luck. He's staying at Stanford.

Nighthawk
12-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Just stop it already with Luck. He's staying at Stanford.

Highly doubt it....

mayotm
12-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Highly doubt it....Doubt it all you want. Even if he does leave, the chances of Buffalo getting him are slim to none.

Saratoga Slim
12-31-2010, 09:52 AM

I think the larger part of the logic was giving Clausen a chance, as they just spent a 2nd on him.

Pat & Tim weren't saying that the Panthers aren't likely to take Luck if he comes out, they were just saying not to consider it a done deal.

I think that if Carolina does have some interest in cultivating Clausen, they'll look to trade down. But that might be difficult.

Anybody know what the textbook value of trading from #2 to #1 is?

wozrob11
12-31-2010, 10:01 AM
so....... your telling me there's a chance!!!!!!

Nighthawk
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Doubt it all you want. Even if he does leave, the chances of Buffalo getting him are slim to none.

That wasn't the point of my post...

Figster
12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Trade up and take the best player available... but Luck has me worried. Maybe it's a hunch, but I've got a bad vibe about the kid.

Just the opposite here Johnny, although I do believe If Andrew Luck goes to the wrong Football team he could be flushing his career down the drain.

In Lucks mind, Buffalo is in all probability one of them career flushing teams. Throw in what happened to Trent Edwards on top of everything else and there is just no way in hell Andrew Luck will ever play for Buffalo, period.

So folks (including myself) need to give up on that pipe dream because its not happening.

tampabay25690
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM

EB I say Luck comes out....
How do you being the #1 pick GUARANTEED not come out.

By the way everything I hear Jim harbaugh is gone from Stanford so why would Luck stay???

I think he grades higher then Sam Bradford coming out just because of the NFL style offense and his athletic abaility.....

If I were the Bills give up your 1st and 2nd to get to LUCK if they really like him....We will see, it should ge intereseting the next few weeks...

Nighthawk
12-31-2010, 12:17 PM
EB I say Luck comes out....
How do you being the #1 pick GUARANTEED not come out.

By the way everything I hear Jim harbaugh is gone from Stanford so why would Luck stay???

I think he grades higher then Sam Bradford coming out just because of the NFL style offense and his athletic abaility.....

If I were the Bills give up your 1st and 2nd to get to LUCK if they really like him....We will see, it should ge intereseting the next few weeks...

If Luck is in the draft, the Bills should do everything in their power to go get him...make a statement about how this organization is serious about turning things around.

Extremebillsfan247
12-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Sunday's game will go a lot like the Indy game from last year. The Jets only concern about Sunday will be to walk off the field healthy, they have a playoff game to go to soon. They wont care about this one. If anything, a loss against Buffalo actually helps them because it hurts us draft wise. However, even if we did lose, it still guarantees nothing. Luck still has to declare which he hasn't done yet, at least not that Im aware of.

SquishDaFish
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Just the opposite here Johnny, although I do believe If Andrew Luck goes to the wrong Football team he could be flushing his career down the drain.

In Lucks mind, Buffalo is in all probability one of them career flushing teams. Throw in what happened to Trent Edwards on top of everything else and there is just no way in hell Andrew Luck will ever play for Buffalo, period.

So folks (including myself) need to give up on that pipe dream because its not happening.

Its not really his choice of where he goes

Figster
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Its not really his choice of where he goes

If Andrew Luck is determined he doesn't want to play for Buffalo, he won't

SquishDaFish
12-31-2010, 01:36 PM
If Andrew Luck is determined he doesn't want to play for Buffalo, he won't

Tell that to Jim Kelly. He can be determined all he wants but I dont see it happening. He seems like a kid who just wants to play the game. Doesnt seem the type to me

Figster
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Tell that to Jim Kelly. He can be determined all he wants but I dont see it happening. He seems like a kid who just wants to play the game. Doesnt seem the type to me

Andrew Luck has already voiced his displeasure over the idea of being drafted by a perennial loser.(does seem like the type to me)

TacklingDummy
12-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Andrew Luck has already voiced his displeasure over the idea of being drafted by a perennial loser.(does seem like the type to me)
Most likely the team with the 1st pick is going to be a loser.

Figster
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Most likely the team with the 1st pick is going to be a loser.

True, but there's loser and then theres perennial loser

TacklingDummy
12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
True, but there's loser and then theres perennial loser
Team picking in the top 10...

Cincinnati
Buffalo
Detroit (Although they have a bright future)
Cleveland
San Fran
Houston
Denver
Arizona

...pretty much are perennial losers as of late.

Figster
01-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Team picking in the top 10...

Cincinnati
Buffalo
Detroit (Although they have a bright future)
Cleveland
San Fran
Houston
Denver
Arizona

...pretty much are perennial losers as of late.

OK, its the New Year and you guys convinced me Buffalo still has a chance to win the Luck lottery, cheers:cheers:

Night Train
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone that is a lock to be one of the top 2-3 players selected is a certified, blithering idiot to return to school. There is nothing but downside to that decision.

See Matt Leinart.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-01-2011, 10:33 AM
so....... your telling me there's a chance!!!!!!

dumb and dumber...lol

NOT THE DUDE...
01-01-2011, 10:36 AM

i never understood that, every team in the top 5 blows. thats why they are picking in the top 5, duh....

Figster
01-01-2011, 10:59 AM
i never understood that, every team in the top 5 blows. thats why they are picking in the top 5, duh....

Panthers were in the playoffs in 2008, the Bungles in 2009, Cards went to the Superbowl in 08, playoffs in 09, does that sound like perennial losers to you?

Mad Max
01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Panthers were in the playoffs in 2008, the Bungles in 2009, Cards went to the Superbowl in 08, playoffs in 09, does that sound like perennial losers to you?

http://badgerblogger.com/wp-content/blindsquirrel.jpg

NOT THE DUDE...
01-01-2011, 02:02 PM

we are in the same shape as those other teams...