PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Not Practicing Again Friday

homeslice5484
12-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Still no Fitz...do we still employ the no practice, no play rule?

Fitz not practicing again
Posted by Chris Brown on December 31, 2010 – 11:13 am

It’s not looking good for Ryan Fitzpatrick playing on Sunday.
For the third straight day the Bills starting QB is not practicing. Brian Brohm will again be taking first team reps.
Fitz is doing some light jogging on the side presumably to loosen up his ailing knee. But he does not have a helmet so it doesn’t appear as though he’ll be doing anything with his teammates.

YardRat
12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
BROOOOHM BAAAAALL !!!

tampabay25690
12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
If he is ready he plays.
Best option for the Bills to win.

HAMMER
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
If he's not practicing today he is not playing Sunday. Great move by OBD, with the Jets looking to rest starters we should not be playing starters that are banged up either. Give Brohm the time, see where the chips fall for draft order.

Oldbillsfan
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Guess it doesn't matter what QB plays... meh

homeslice5484
12-31-2010, 10:27 AM
If he starts, wonder if he finishes. I still would have benched him in the 2nd half last week. He was awful, worst ive seen since JP and his turnovers.

Figster
12-31-2010, 10:30 AM
It would be great to see Brian Brohm get some playing time.

Lets see If another QB can step in and have success under Chan Gailey.

Myself personally, I believe Brohm will play well if given the chance.

homeslice5484
12-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Brohm played well in pre season, and that last game if that TE and Donald Jones would have held on to the ball, even better. He also improved in camp, I was there quite a bit. But this is a big opportunity for him, lets see how he does with it.

Mahdi
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Still no Fitz...do we still employ the no practice, no play rule?

Fitz not practicing again
Posted by Chris Brown on December 31, 2010 – 11:13 am

It’s not looking good for Ryan Fitzpatrick playing on Sunday.
For the third straight day the Bills starting QB is not practicing. Brian Brohm will again be taking first team reps.
Fitz is doing some light jogging on the side presumably to loosen up his ailing knee. But he does not have a helmet so it doesn’t appear as though he’ll be doing anything with his teammates.
I think if this was any other week except for a final game against another team playing for nothing Fitz would play.

Gailey is being 'extra' cautious and wants to see Brohm before the season is out. So do I.

mayotm
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
If he's not practicing today he is not playing Sunday. Great move by OBD, with the Jets looking to rest starters we should not be playing starters that are banged up either. Give Brohm the time, see where the chips fall for draft order.I agree there's no harm in sitting banged up players. However, I don't think the Jets resting starters has anything to do with it.

tampabay25690
12-31-2010, 10:46 AM
This is Brohm's rehearsal for next year...

HAMMER
12-31-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree there's no harm in sitting banged up players. However, I don't think the Jets resting starters has anything to do with it.

I disagree, if this game was needed by the Jets to make the playoffs and they were going with starters we would where possible.

justasportsfan
12-31-2010, 11:10 AM
No sense in risking Fitz's health for this game. . We're going to need him for the rest of the season.

Oaf
12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
If Fitz plays, I would love to win. If Brohm plays, I have no problem losing. So Fitz not playing is an acceptable way to lose and secure a higher draft spot.

justasportsfan
12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I would love for Brohm to start and see what he's got.

Nighthawk
12-31-2010, 12:13 PM
If he is ready he plays.
Best option for the Bills to win.

Exactly and that is why he shouldn't play...we don't want to win this game.

BillsWin
12-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Watch Brohm start and throw for 300 yards and three touchdowns. Then things get really interesting in the offseason! QB competition 2.0!

CAbills
12-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Brohm, Brunell, its the NFL on CBS!

PromoTheRobot
12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Watch Brohm start and throw for 300 yards and three touchdowns. Then things get really interesting in the offseason! QB competition 2.0!

Against the Jets starting D? Yes! Against the third string JV? Chill out.

PTR

Night Train
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
I wish Brohm luck. He should have played last week late. Still see the Bills running early and often.

So Eric Wood gets to snap the ball once again to his old college QB and best friend.

Mad Max
12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Brohm, Brunell, its the NFL on CBS!

All we'll need then is Dierdork to broadcast, and it'll be a party.

bigdog72ny
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Against the Jets starting D? Yes! Against the third string JV? Chill out.

PTR

why not,fitzpatrick playing against backups got fans going last year.same goes for brohm if he plays

Michael82
12-31-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm ready for the Brohm Bomber! :D

Mad Max
12-31-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm ready for the Brohm Bomber! :D

ESPN just scrolled that Ryan probably sitting both Cromartie and Revis.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
why not,fitzpatrick playing against backups got fans going last year.same goes for brohm if he plays
Because we end up getting nowhere as far as knowing if he can play at an NFL level if the only action he sees is against backups.

If he succeeds, it'll only be because it was backups.

If he fails, it's over.

It's a lose-lose situation for him.

psubills62
01-01-2011, 12:15 AM
So Brohm might get to play in what is turning into our 5th preseason game? How many WR's are we missing again? 4? So Brohm will be throwing to Steve Johnson, Naaman Roosevelt and Paul Hubbard? Yikes...I won't be expecting much of anything from this game.

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
i would love to see brian brohm play. i know fitz is not very good. he is average at best. i would like to see what brohm has with a whole year of experience on the team.

BillsWin
01-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I think PFT tweeted a stat a week ago or it may have been Schefter.

But it was that NO player who has missed Friday practice has played on Sunday this season.

YardRat
01-01-2011, 08:49 AM
ESPN just scrolled that Ryan probably sitting both Cromartie and Revis.

Considering they would be covering Roosevelt and Hubbard, he might as well sit them.

mikemac2001
01-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I'd like to see brohm but this reaks of training camp...

O well hopefully he can show ability to read d and makes solid throws stat sheet won't be important in this one

Atleast Trent is gone hated watching him fool the coaches

Figster
01-01-2011, 10:39 AM
I'd like to see brohm but this reaks of training camp...

O well hopefully he can show ability to read d and makes solid throws stat sheet won't be important in this one

Atleast Trent is gone hated watching him fool the coaches

Unfortunately one game is not a enough time for a good evaluation of Brian Brohm, but its better then nothing. Brohm has had a whole season now to learn Gailey's offense and he's familiar with his receivers. If Brohm plays poorly it could open up a much needed spot for a rookie or FA QB like Kolb to be brought in.

Night Train
01-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I think PFT tweeted a stat a week ago or it may have been Schefter.

But it was that NO player who has missed Friday practice has played on Sunday this season.

Brett Favre says hello.