PDA

View Full Version : How do some of you seem so sure that Andrew Luck will or will not declare???

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2010, 01:39 PM
So annoying to read people who have no idea either way argue back and forth about it. I just don't understand how someone could act so sure about something they have no idea about......

mayotm
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
So annoying to read people who have no idea either way argue back and forth about it. I just don't understand how someone could act so sure about something they have no idea about......The better question as Bills fans is why do we even care? He will be the first player taken. It's extremely unlikely the Bills would give up what it would take to move up to the first pick.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2010, 01:57 PM
The better question as Bills fans is why do we even care? He will be the first player taken. It's extremely unlikely the Bills would give up what it would take to move up to the first pick.
A simple answer to that is that Luck coming out would have a ripple effect on who would be available for us to take. Sure the likelyhood of the Bills getting him is probably 0 but it would affect the talent pool.

mayotm
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
A simple answer to that is that Luck coming out would have a ripple effect on who would be available for us to take. Sure the likelyhood of the Bills getting him is probably 0 but it would affect the talent pool.Fair enough. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of posters who think that the Bills have a realistic shot at landing Luck. Those people are going to be terribly disappointed. I would be thrilled if the Bills somehow landed Luck, but just don't see it happening.

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Here's an article concerning rookie wage scale cap potentially implemented for the 2011 draft...

Though the NFL wants to implement a rookie wage scale that would wipe out the windfalls paid to players taken at the top of the draft, the league has been leery about handling the issue in a way that would cause a flood of college underclassmen to bolt for the NFL before the big money dries up. (With a true rookie wage scale likely coming in 2011, that’s no longer a concern.)
Click for the rest of the story... (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/31/rookie-wage-scale-could-prompt-more-underclassmen-to-leave-school/related/)

TacklingDummy
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Money.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2010, 02:17 PM
The better question as Bills fans is why do we even care? He will be the first player taken.
Im not so sure he will be. Will Carolina draft him? Will Carolina trade the 1st pick to a team that would? Will money decide who Carolina drafts between x player and x player?

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2010, 02:26 PM
According to the article, he would receive $5.34M guaranteed... Compared to Sam Bradford receiving $50M. Also... The 6 year deal would total at $19.9M compared to Bradford's $78M.

YES... MONEY IS THE REASON!

better days
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
According to the article, he would receive $5.34M guaranteed... Compared to Sam Bradford receiving $50M. Also... The 6 year deal would total at $19.9M compared to Bradford's $78M.

YES... MONEY IS THE REASON!

If Harbaugh says it might be best if Luck does also, but if Harbaugh leaves he would risk his reputation playing for a new Coach & new system that may not suit him. Even though the mony is reduced from the past a 1st rnd pick especially #1, will get more than a 2nd or 3rd rnd pick.

Night Train
12-31-2010, 02:54 PM
So staying in school and accepting under the table scraps from boosters is better than turning pro and signing for 6 or 7 figures ?

Got it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Let me say that if Luck doesn't come out he is a total fool. Why anyone would risk so many millions of dollars is beyond me....

Johnny Bugmenot
12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Let me say that if Luck doesn't come out he is a total fool. Why anyone would risk so many millions of dollars is beyond me....
It's just as big of a risk to come out too early. Peyton Manning has made far more over the course of his NFL career than, for instance, Michael Vick or Alex Smith. Apples to oranges, I understand, but there's a reason you don't see a lot of sophomores declaring after only two years of college ball.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2010, 03:59 PM
It's just as big of a risk to come out too early. Peyton Manning has made far more over the course of his NFL career than, for instance, Michael Vick or Alex Smith. Apples to oranges, I understand, but there's a reason you don't see a lot of sophomores declaring after only two years of college ball.

Staying in school wouldn't have turned Vick or Smith into Manning.

Vick made plenty of money. His dog fighting crap and overspending did him in.

TedMock
12-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Luck's father gave a not so subtle hint that he felt his son would come out. Luck's dad is the A.D. for WVU and they asked him at one point during the game the other night. He said Andrew has always made good decisions and he will do so in this case, but it's every young football players dream to compete with the best and the NFL is the best. I'm paraphrasing to the best of my recollection. Having said that - I've read many who feel Luck's not declaring. So, we still don't know.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Not at all. He will get 50 million dollars. What is the risk?

HAMMER
12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
I would stay at Stanford, the cafeteria food is outstanding

tampabay25690
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
I would stay at Stanford, the cafeteria food is outstanding

Your avatar is outstanding.........

McBFLO
12-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Your avatar is outstanding.........
OMG I couldn't agree more. Amazing.

McBFLO
12-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, and if Harbaugh bolts for an NFL gig, no WAY Luck stays. Betterdays hit the nail on the head. He's basically guaranteed to be the #1 pick. Why risk that (even if there is a new rookie pool or whatever) with a new coach, system, etc.?

DraftBoy
01-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Luck's father gave a not so subtle hint that he felt his son would come out. Luck's dad is the A.D. for WVU and they asked him at one point during the game the other night. He said Andrew has always made good decisions and he will do so in this case, but it's every young football players dream to compete with the best and the NFL is the best. I'm paraphrasing to the best of my recollection. Having said that - I've read many who feel Luck's not declaring. So, we still don't know.

You gotta love Dad playing the press game for his son. A benefit most kids don't have.

Luck should declare, I dont think anybody disagrees with that, but its far from a done deal. Right now I cant say Im hearing him one way or another its literally 50/50.