12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Per news crawl on ESPN.

HAMMER
12-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Let the Fox for DC cries begin.

Mad Max
12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Let the Fox for DC cries begin.

Not gonna happen. No way Gailey brings in a bigger name than himself.

Bosco
12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Cue the Cowher to Carolina thread.

Night Train
12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Cue the Cowher to Carolina thread.

Yup. He lives close by and it seems like a marriage made in heaven.

Still, is the stage big enough for him ? What if Dallas, Miami or the Giants come calling ?

BertSquirtgum
12-31-2010, 08:11 PM
i could see cowher going to carolina before dallas or miami but the giants? i think it would tough for him to turn down the giants. they are set up for more success than the others, imo.

Ebenezer
12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
i could see cowher going to carolina before dallas or miami but the giants? i think it would tough for him to turn down the giants. they are set up for more success than the others, imo.
Assuming the Giants get rid of Coughlin.

Last year (2010) we drove through North Carolina on Jan 4. They were already predicting that Cowher would replace Fox.

YardRat
12-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Assuming the Giants get rid of Coughlin.

Last year (2010) we drove through North Carolina on Jan 4. They were already predicting that Cowher would replace Fox.

Hell you didn't have to drive that far to get that prediction...You could have just logged on here.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-31-2010, 08:56 PM
ESPN story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5975190)

Hmm... nobody said this:

Sources said he was a candidate for the Buffalo Bills' opening that eventually went to Chan Gailey, but Fox elected to finish out his contract with the Panthers.

In other words, he snubbed Buffalo last year. Don't expect him to even be a candidate for DC.

Ickybaluky
12-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Fox will be in demand for head coaching jobs, he won't have to settle on being a coordinator. He will be on the top list of a lot of teams to hire.

I doubt Cowher ends up in Carolina. If they didn't want to spend the money to extend Fox a year ago, they aren't going to pay more to sign Cowher. They will go with an assistant from another team who signs for shorter money.

Mr. Miyagi
12-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Yup. He lives close by and it seems like a marriage made in heaven.

Still, is the stage big enough for him ? What if Dallas, Miami or the Giants come calling ?
Cowher has been waiting for this job to open for a while now.

No way he changes his mind at the last minute.

Ebenezer
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Hell you didn't have to drive that far to get that prediction...You could have just logged on here.
I posted that same thing on these boards in January.

BidsJr
12-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Fox will be in demand for head coaching jobs, he won't have to settle on being a coordinator. He will be on the top list of a lot of teams to hire.

I doubt Cowher ends up in Carolina. If they didn't want to spend the money to extend Fox a year ago, they aren't going to pay more to sign Cowher. They will go with an assistant from another team who signs for shorter money.

uhh LOL

BertSquirtgum
12-31-2010, 11:10 PM

why? what has he done in carolina lately? not much at all.

better days
01-01-2011, 06:48 AM
why? what has he done in carolina lately? not much at all.

Well, as Dick Jauron says "It's hard to win in the NFL"..................especially without a QB.

HAMMER
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Cowher has been waiting for this job to open for a while now.

No way he changes his mind at the last minute.

Word out of Carolina is they aren't willing to pay for a big money coach.

evol4276
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
stepping down, or being fired? if he's just walking away, then cool. idk why but ive always liked the guy

Johnny Bugmenot
01-01-2011, 09:58 PM
stepping down, or being fired? if he's just walking away, then cool. idk why but ive always liked the guy
Looks like a mutual decision. He wanted out, and they wanted someone else.

better days
01-01-2011, 10:53 PM

His contract was up. The Panthers did not extend him so this was his last year on the contract.

YardRat
01-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Supposedly Fox has known for at least two seasons that he wasn't returning.

If that was the Bills, Ralph would be getting fried for being too cheap to cut loose a HC that he knew was leaving.

don137
01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
From everything I heard in Carolina when Fox was not extended after the 2008 season he decided to coach out the remaining part of the contract and move on...Since he was a defensive coordinator with the Giants prior to coaching the Panthers that would be a realistic place if Cowher does not take it... Raleigh, where Cowher lives, is 3 hours from Charlotte so its not as close as people think...chances of Cowher going to Charlotte are slim to none...Could see Harbaugh going to Carolina. There is a HUGE push by the fans for Luck and if Harbaugh goes to Charlotte it would almost gurantee Luck would come out