Draft order, relevant games, predictions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Draft order, relevant games, predictions.

Carolina 2-13 - locked in, at Atlanta.
    Denver 4-11 - home vs San Diego.
    Cincinnati 4-11 - at Baltimore.
    Buffalo 4-11 - at NY Jets.
    San Fran 5-10 - home vs Arizona.
    Houston 5-10 - home vs Jacksonville.
    Detroit 5-10 - home vs Minnesota
    Dallas 5-10 - at Philadelphia.
    Cleveland 5-10 - home vs Pittsburgh.
    Arizona 5-10 - at San Fran.

If Buffalo loses...Cincinnati loses, and San Diego runs for the bus. Bills pick third. Final standings =

Carolina 2-14
    Cincinnati 4-12
    Buffalo 4-12

If Buffalo wins...San Fran, Detroit, Dallas and Cleveland lose to remain at 5 wins, Denver wins to get to 5, and Arizona and Houston win to get to 6. Bills pick 8th. Maybe 7th, if Detroit can handle Minnesota.

Carolina 2-14
    Cincinnati 4-12
    San Fran 5-11
    Denver 5-11
    Dallas 5-11
    Cleveland 5-11
    Detroit 5-11
    Buffalo 5-11
    Houston 6-10
    Arizona 6-10
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Draft order, relevant games, predictions.

If the Bills and Cincy both lose, then we could still pick in front of them. We will need KC and Jacksonville both to lose, and at least one of San Diego/Indy to win.

At this point, best case scenario is Buffalo/Cincy losing, Denver winning. Indy wins and KC/Jax both lose. Then we're tied with Cincy in terms of SOS and we will hopefully win the coin toss.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

sweet. Thanks for the info fellas

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
        If the Bills and Cincy both lose, then we could still pick in front of them. We will need KC and Jacksonville both to lose, and at least one of San Diego/Indy to win.

At this point, best case scenario is Buffalo/Cincy losing, Denver winning. Indy wins and KC/Jax both lose. Then we're tied with Cincy in terms of SOS and we will hopefully win the coin toss.
        Will there be a coin toss if Buffalo beat Cinci earlier this year?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Where would the Bills be picking without the meaningless Bengals, Lions, Browns victories?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Where would the Bills be picking without the meaningless Bengals, Lions, Browns victories?
            Give it a break TD. I rather win a few games rather then be winless. Doesnt matter where you pick its who you pick

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

All the ifs ands and buts make my head hurt. I just watch the game on Sunday and pray things work out.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by andyxc71
                Will there be a coin toss if Buffalo beat Cinci earlier this year?
                Yes. Head to head has no bearing on draft order.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Knowing the Bills, this situation will play out but they'll lose the coin flip. Then Cincy will take Luck and the Bengals will get to the AFC championship next season.

Byrd.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Irrelevant.
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• soapman
                      • Jan 2008

Cinci picking 2 is irrelevant. They won't be looking at QB if Carolina doesn't pick Luck at 1....I don't think at least.
                      Last edited by soapman; 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

Yes. Head to head has no bearing on draft order.
                        Are you sure about that?

I know that if it does, it's about the last determining factor before a coin toss, but that would still put the Bungles ahead of us, even if SOS becomes the same..

I'd also say that it isn't as clear cut as people think, in respect of SOS. That can change quite a bit dependant on how a lot of results go, it isn't simply a case of if one team wins their SOS will be 'this', as it's determined by the whole record of the teams they played against during the season. That can allow for some quite odd swings in SOS after the last games have all been played.

As of now, I think the only assumption you can genuinely make, is that the Bills will pick no higher than 2nd, and no lower than 9th (because although there are 6 teams on 5 wins already, two of them - the Cards and 49ers - play each other).

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
                          1. Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
                          2. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
                          3. The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
                          4. The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
                          5. The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
                          If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Strength of schedule.
                          2. Division/conference tie-breakers, if applicable.
                          3. Coin flip.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

But what are the division/conference breakers? Would they include head to head?

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'm really not in the panic others are over winning the game today. I follow college and know the actual suspects near the top of this draft.

Luck should come out. CB Peterson of LSU is near the top. Ditto for WR Green of Georgia. CB Amukamara of Nebraska. WR Blackmon of Oklahoma St. Even QB Mallett of Arkansas (don't like him at all).

I'm hoping the Bills are wise enough to see they need DL help in a 4-3 set ( which is good for Kyle Williams ). They need a DT and another DE within the first 3-4 picks in the draft that can play. I see Carrington as someone who needs to play. Stroud looks done and Dwan Edwards is nothing special.

A MLB not named Poz is also a big need.

DT/DE Darius of Alabama, DT Fairley of Auburn, DE Bowers of Clemson, DT Paea of Oregon St....if any of those and a couple others are still there, then why the attention grabbing act of " OMG, We're picking 8th or 9th ! We blew it ! "

These guys would instantly help updrade the D line, if that's what the Bills wish to do.

I will not be impressed with anyone screaming if the Bills do win today. It's blind leading the blind.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X