PDA

View Full Version : Is Miller injured?

THATHURMANATOR
01-01-2011, 08:38 PM
He just doesn't have it this year. Not even half the goalie he was last year.....

THATHURMANATOR
01-01-2011, 08:38 PM
This game is just so maddening too. Battling back only to blow a third period game. **** these pussies....

Nighthawk
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Fact is, Miller is not as good as everybody thinks he is....that's it in a nutshell. He is not a dominating goalie and never has been, except last year. He's good, just not great.

YardRat
01-01-2011, 09:45 PM
He's getting married.

JD
01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
His wife just started putting out after he proposed.. do you remember how it was after losing your virginity? Your mind was blown, and so is his.

Give it a few weeks.

SkateZilla
01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Because the team in front of him is playing like crap ... ON a good nite.

Dr. Lecter
01-01-2011, 10:48 PM
This game is just so maddening too. Battling back only to blow a third period game. **** these pussies....

You were WRONG Thurm!!!!

WRONG!!!!

RockStar36
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Miller hasn't been as good, but he faces an awful lot of odd man rushes that end up resulting in goals. He also has had quite a few go off Sabre skates.

Electrici
01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Makes you wonder how much an effect the Defensive departures and newcomers/youngn's now on D have had on Miller and his decline this year. I didn't expect him to be as good as he was last year, but he's not even close to what he was. I hope he figures it out.

PUCKER
01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Maybe not as good,but there are times though when the players just collapse and dont help him out much.

OpIv37
01-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Miller hasn't been as good, but he faces an awful lot of odd man rushes that end up resulting in goals. He also has had quite a few go off Sabre skates.
Not just odd man rushes but ****ing lazy defense. I swear, at least half the goals against the Sabres happen when an opposing player passes through the crease to a teammate on the opposite side who isn't being covered, then it's just a tap in to the open net as Miller struggles to get back.

Not to take all the blame off miller- he's def not playing at the level he was last year. But it's maddening how often the rest of the team hangs him out to dry.

THATHURMANATOR
01-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Makes you wonder how much an effect the Defensive departures and newcomers/youngn's now on D have had on Miller and his decline this year. I didn't expect him to be as good as he was last year, but he's not even close to what he was. I hope he figures it out.
What departed though??? I am thinking Leopold is an improvment over Hank and Morrison is on par with Lydman.

Electrici
01-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Good question. I think Leopold is an offensive upgrade to either Tallinder or Lydman, but from a defensive standpoint, I think either of the latter take care of their own end better than Leopold.

Admittedly, I have not watched Leopold extensively this year, I know that he has pretty good offensive output, but haven't took note on his defensive contributions/shortcomings. I'm in the same boat with Morrisonn, I haven't really took note on how well he has been strictly on defense, so I don't know if their play is a direct correlation to Miller's fall to mediocrity.

What have you guys seen out of Leopold and Morrisonn?

SabreEleven
01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Once he gets married the sex will be over so he won't have to worry about that.

Michael82
01-02-2011, 12:22 PM
It's mainly because Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman are missed more than Sabres fans thought. We shouldn't have let BOTH leave.

RockStar36
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
It's mainly because Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman are missed more than Sabres fans thought. We shouldn't have let BOTH leave.

Not really.

This has been an issue for years now. Difference is that last year Miller was playing out of his mind and covering up all the mistakes. I don't miss Lydman or Tallinder one bit.

Nighthawk
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Not really.

This has been an issue for years now. Difference is that last year Miller was playing out of his mind and covering up all the mistakes. I don't miss Lydman or Tallinder one bit.

Exactly...Miller had a career year last year and isn't nearly as good as some fans believe he is. When I think of him, I don't think of a goalie who will single-handedly win you a championship, like you do with the greats of the past. Like I've said, he's a good goalie, but he is far from great.

RockStar36
01-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Exactly...Miller had a career year last year and isn't nearly as good as some fans believe he is. When I think of him, I don't think of a goalie who will single-handedly win you a championship, like you do with the greats of the past. Like I've said, he's a good goalie, but he is far from great.

I still think Miller is great. I don't know many goaltenders in the league that would consistently do well facing that many odd-man rushes and having defensemen stand around and not clear the puck. He is consistently hung out to dry, which is why almost every backup struggles in Buffalo. Miller covers up a lot more than you might think.

trapezeus
01-03-2011, 01:26 PM
The sabres simply don't score. how many of their wins have been of the 2-1 variety. you are asking your goaltender to be near perfect.

Yeah, they get a couple games where they pour it on like the bruins, but they hvae no consistency.

i also think the groin is going to be an issue until they aren't playing games reguarly (i.e. the playoffs).

RockStar36
01-03-2011, 02:39 PM
The sabres simply don't score. how many of their wins have been of the 2-1 variety. you are asking your goaltender to be near perfect.

Yeah, they get a couple games where they pour it on like the bruins, but they hvae no consistency.

i also think the groin is going to be an issue until they aren't playing games reguarly (i.e. the playoffs).

The last game against the Bruins is the only one I can think of recently where the scoring bailed Miller out. Typically he is either bailing them out or they lose.

trapezeus
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
True. I can't think of a game where the sabres scored 3 or more goals and miller let in 3 goals.