PDA

View Full Version : How Refreshing is this?

Mahdi
01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I can remember so many times over the last few years that this franchise has refused to make certain moves that everyone and his brother knew should be made and it wasn't.

It seems like this year, all those "why aren't they doing ____" moves are being made.

Moats to OLB

Cutting Edwards

Not standing up Kelsay.

Picking up Merriman.

Signing Merriman.

Starting Brohm in a meaningless game to evaluate him.

Using Parrish in the slot.

Giving Nelson more time on the field.

Signing some possible diamonds from the waiver wire.

Seems like these things were tough to come by in the Jauron era.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
next year will be interesting with many new factors and hopefully a good draft class... we shall see... run d and pass rush are priority number 1....

seanbillsfan
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I can agree to most of this. Except the 'diamonds off the waiver wire'. We pick up scrubs every year because we can't stay healthy. Granted some of them this season look to be decent

ddaryl
01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I like Nix and Gailley and think they deserve solid grades in their 1st year as GM and HC

mikemac2001
01-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I can agree to most of this. Except the 'diamonds off the waiver wire'. We pick up scrubs every year because we can't stay healthy. Granted some of them this season look to be decent

we have done a lot more via waiver wire this year. (it seems)

i havent counted but just by moves done it seems like double i could be wrong but seems like they give guys a chance and if they don't see signs move on and try another.

Thief
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I can remember so many times over the last few years that this franchise has refused to make certain moves that everyone and his brother knew should be made and it wasn't.

It seems like this year, all those "why aren't they doing ____" moves are being made.

Moats to OLB

Cutting Edwards

Not standing up Kelsay.

Picking up Merriman.

Signing Merriman.

Seems like these things were tough to come by in the Jauron era.Cutting Mitchell

Throwing Stevie the ball.

Looking for young linemen with potential, while getting rid of the "Chambers".

Cutting losses on FA signees (Green).

Making it clear that if you suck, you are gone or benched.

ZAZusmc03
01-02-2011, 11:20 AM
next year will be interesting with many new factors and hopefully a good draft class... we shall see... run d and pass rush are priority number 1....

I thought we HAD to take a qb with our first pick? Make up your mind.

SabreEleven
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Aren't they starting Brohm because Fitz is injured?

Nighthawk
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Moats to OLB

Cutting Edwards

Not standing up Kelsay.

Picking up Merriman.

Signing Merriman.

Seems like these things were tough to come by in the Jauron era.

One HUGE move they still have to make in the offseason...find a franchise QB!

ServoBillieves
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I give them a B so far. That might be a bit too high of a grade, but they've made a model out of pure ****.

patmoran2006
01-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I like Nix and Gailley and think they deserve solid grades in their 1st year as GM and HC
Honeslty, why.

This is a team that is going to finish with 4 or 5 wins.

Gailey is the one who gave Edwards the starting nod over Fitz, which set us back all through camp.. Dont you think the Bills would have at least a few more wins if Fitz was the starter since day one?

As for Nix, its impossible to grade a draft in just one year but this year's class was next to useless. Spiller has barely been more effective than Quinton Ganther.. Troup and Carrington have done next to nothing.. Our sixth round pick was his best pick as a rookie.

We also completely wasted $3 million on Cornell Green-- and the best he could come up with to "improve" our defense at LB was Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor and Akin Ayodele?

I dont they did a good job at all. Time will tell for the long haul which is all that matters, but this was not a good start at all.

Michael82
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I love how they are willing to admit mistakes and cut their losses quickly. I also love how they used the Practice Squad all year. Nix was very active picking up players and replacing them, and using other team's practice squads too.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Honeslty, why.

Gailey is the one who gave Edwards the starting nod over Fitz, which set us back all through camp.. Dont you think the Bills would have at least a few more wins if Fitz was the starter since day one?

As for Nix, its impossible to grade a draft in just one year but this year's class was next to useless. Spiller has barely been more effective than Quinton Ganther.. Troup and Carrington have done next to nothing.. Our sixth round pick was his best pick as a rookie.

We also completely wasted $3 million on Cornell Green-- and the best he could come up with to "improve" our defense at LB was Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor and Akin Ayodele?

I dont they did a good job at all. Time will tell for the long haul which is all that matters, but this was not a good start at all.

edwards could not be truely evaluated until real game situations

spiller was a big play pick, we needed a rb with jackson turning 30 and the lynch trade

troup was the best nt taken, and he has gotten better along with carrington

cornell green was a emergency signing because butler retired.

your post has literally no logic at all........

justasportsfan
01-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Honeslty, why.

.Although wins are the best measure , it wasn't expected in the 1st year. We all knew it was going to be a rebuilding year and no one expected much.

If we beat the ravens, Pitts would you be saying Gailey is the next BB?

If Gailey got it right ,right away, would you say he's better than other proven coaches who haven't gotten it right right away. No one expects a new head coach to get it right right away. It is however nice to see that they try to fix what is broken instead of insisting to keep going with what doesn't work which Jauron kept doing.

How can Spiller and Troup do anything when the players infront of them are playing like Studs? Did you expect Carrington who was drafted 72 overall to light it up? Marrio Williams couldn't even do squat in his first year.

Too early to grade these players. You insisted that Lienart and Young were going to be good qb's in this league when they were drafted and after their first year of doing nothing.

We also completely wasted $3 million on Cornell Green-- and the best he could come up with to "improve" our defense at LB was Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor and Akin Ayodele? Green was a mistake but again, they were willing to fix it. If you are going to pick their mistakes how about what they got right with the other linemen they pick off the streets that did a decent job?

Yes time will tell. I think Nix is being proactive in trying to improve the team by constantly looking at who's out there whether it's from someones practice squad, waiver wire or FA. The last regime was passive and insisted on staying with what they had no matter how bad they were (trent)

While its too early to say they are doing it right , it's also unfair to say they did a bad job considering how bad a team they inherited.

Forward_Lateral
01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Honeslty, why.

With all due respect, this post has it's head in it's ass, especially for one that's a supposed expert on the NFL.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Aren't they starting Brohm because Fitz is injured?
That's the ruse. If it were a meaningful game I'm pretty sure Fitz would be able to play with that "sore knee." It happens all the time in the NFL.

better days
01-02-2011, 12:07 PM
That's the ruse. If it were a meaningful game I'm pretty sure Fitz would be able to play with that "sore knee." It happens all the time in the NFL.

You may be right, if it was a meaningful game Fitz may have started, but what is the point of starting an injured player in a game that has no meaning? I see no ruse.

jamze132
01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Maybe Pat should stick to bar-tending.