PDA

View Full Version : position by position

bf1
01-02-2011, 02:24 PM
What is better than last year? What has this LOSER buddy nix done to improve the team? Sure fitz over trent, but that wasn't any move from bumbling buddy.

bf1
01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Think about needs. This team needs the same if not more than the end of last season.

Thanks for NOTHING bumbling buddy nix.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Do you need a tissue?

bf1
01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you need a tissue?
Glad to see you are happy with 4 wins.

Night Train
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
So we're going to see the same redundant cry thread about Nix every week ?

Just bump your other 14.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
So we're going to see the same redundant cry thread about Nix every week ?

Just bump your other 14.

That's what I was geting at.

Just seems like he's crying for attention...

bf1
01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
It's a different line of thought about the loser. Sorry to see you guys in denial about him.

bf1
01-02-2011, 02:44 PM
And snarky passive aggressive replies aren't going to stop me.

CarolinaBill99
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Personally, I think that Buddy has done a good job this year. Not perfect but pretty darn good... Moats, Carrington, and Troupe all saw significant time and got better as the year went on. Hopefully, an offseason of working out and the game will slow down even more.. Street FA Nelson, Coleman and Jones all showed glimpes as well... I think he sucked on the Green signing and I do not know why they resigned Kelsey....but he can evaluate college talent.
It is going to take years to erase the poor drafts of the Jauron era and build this team from scratch...I might be a homer but I think we are heading in the right direction....(Generally speaking and not based on today's game :)

imbondz
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
i'm totally with you bf1. this season was a complete disaster, and if it's possible, the Bills organization is going backwards. i'm still a fan of Gailey but don't see much hope for the immediate future. can't get excited over barely beating the Lions, Browns...etc.

bf1
01-03-2011, 10:04 AM
i'm totally with you bf1. this season was a complete disaster, and if it's possible, the Bills organization is going backwards. i'm still a fan of Gailey but don't see much hope for the immediate future. can't get excited over barely beating the Lions, Browns...etc.
glad I'm not alone. I can't believe there are fans buying into this regime. If they went 4-12, but cut the needs in half (or even made any headway) last offseason I would be able to live with it and "be patient." Instead, the team is no better talent wise than after the 2009 season. So now they have to start all over AGAIN. The needs are staggering. I can't even begin to play amateur GM and pretend to know what to do at this point. I know that doing very little in free agancy (last offseason) and taking gambles in the draft on positions that aren't the highest of needs (spiller) are ways to set the team back further if possible.

EDS
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I am also very skeptical of Nix's ability to be a GM. The way he was hired, his age, his lack of experience in the top spot and his off-season moves all strike me as evidence of a house lacking a proper foundation.

The two biggest breakout performers for the Bills this season were Jauron era holdovers Ryan Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson.

I generally think that Nix's best work has been reshaping the bottom third of the roster. That said, the Steelers are winning with Jonathan Scott at tackle and the Bills have a huge hole at right tackle. Similarly, the Bills linebackers are terrible, but guys like Ashlee Palmer and Nic Harris are probably better than some of the veteran replacements Nix has brought in.

justasportsfan
01-03-2011, 10:28 AM
The two biggest breakout performers for the Bills this season were Jauron era holdovers Ryan Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson.

that means what?

These guys were on the bench with Dick. They are top performers because of Gailey.They couldn't do squat under Dick.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM
And snarky passive aggressive replies aren't going to stop me.
Weren't you banned once before? Or was that another billsfanone who thought he was better than everyone else?

ChristopherWalken
01-03-2011, 10:39 AM
OL - BETTER at pass protection this year, but WORSE at run blocking = SAME.
QB No doubt that Fitz was better this year than anyone slinging the ball in a Bills uniform last year = BETTER
WRs I believe that the Bills have tapped into some decent young talent at WR this year. Although this might have to due with better pass blocking and better QB play. There were a lot of drops and that's difficult to chalk up to youth. You're either a receiver or not. Evans has become non-existant. Overall, I felt more comforatable this year than last with this receiving group = BETTER.
TE WORSE - Just not even part of the game plan.
RB WORSE - I had high hopes for Spiller, and was happy to see Lynch walk. Jackson seemed to wear down through the course of the year. He did have some decent games this season, but the overall run performance for this team was significantly worse.
DL - though difficult to judge as the defensive scheme changed dramatically, I would have to say WORSE. While Williams has been a suprising highlight, the rest of the defensive front has been nothing shy of lack luster
LBs - WORSE - again, the defensive scheme change to the 3-4 and the numerous LB injuries the Bills sustained took it's toll. Regardless, they still can't cover a TE and they were getting crushed all year long against the run. OLBs showed a little shine late in the season as able to rush the QB, but most of it was overshadowed by an average amount of dissmal play.
CBs - I actually felt the Bills corners played better last year = WORSE
FS/SS - Although missing some key interceptions that seem to be there last year, I think the safetys broke even this year. This would be due largely to the continued immergence of Wilson, and I do think that Whitner picked up the pace from last season = SAME

COACHING - Offensive play calling BETTER...at times. Defensive coaching was horrendous regardless of changing schemes. These guys rarely seemed prepared week after week. Gailey seemed to do a decent job overall = slightly BETTER.

EDS
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
that means what?

These guys were on the bench with Dick. They are top performers because of Gailey.They couldn't do squat under Dick.

It means that Nix and Gailey are reliant on Jauron to bring in talent, which is scary.

mikemac2001
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Damn i didn't know one season made rookies allpro's i mean usually its a 2-3 year project for most...ala stevie johnson

go take your pills to stabilize your mood and come back in april

psubills62
01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
It means that Nix and Gailey are reliant on Jauron to bring in talent, which is scary.

Really? I don't think that's what it means. I think part of it means the Nix and co. purposefully drafted guys who would take 2-3 years to develop, but have a high upside. Which is fine in the first year of a rebuilding project. Strip things down just to build it up, addition by subtraction and all that.

Beebe's Kid
01-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Weren't you banned once before? Or was that another billsfanone who thought he was better than everyone else?

1. Create new username, as all of his others have been banned.

2. Start thread saying the same stupid stit.

3. Go to that thread and take all of the comments personally, and fire back at all that call me on the carpent.

4. Get banned

5. Repeat

Seriously...this dude is sick. Please seek counseling, and see if you can't improve the rest of your life.

justasportsfan
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM

haha! Yeah, just like Gailey had to rely on Maybin , Trent , McCargo and more?

If anything, Gailey inherited those two players you mentioned that Jauron thought was trash and made them work .

Jauron would have made Trent our starting qb.

EDS
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
haha! Yeah, just like Gailey had to rely on Maybin , Trent , McCargo and more?

If anything, Gailey inherited those two players you mentioned that Jauron thought was trash and made them work .

Jauron would have made Trent our starting qb.

Gailey made Trent the starting QB!!!!

justasportsfan
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Gailey made Trent the starting QB!!!!

but he fixed it by getting rid of him while Dick is loyal to a fault.

bf1
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I totally agree with the coaching.

My point is, which some are having a tough time swallowing, is talent wise the team is no better than 2009. Thanks to bumbling buddy.

bf1
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
OL - BETTER at pass protection this year, but WORSE at run blocking = SAME.
QB No doubt that Fitz was better this year than anyone slinging the ball in a Bills uniform last year = BETTER
WRs I believe that the Bills have tapped into some decent young talent at WR this year. Although this might have to due with better pass blocking and better QB play. There were a lot of drops and that's difficult to chalk up to youth. You're either a receiver or not. Evans has become non-existant. Overall, I felt more comforatable this year than last with this receiving group = BETTER.
TE WORSE - Just not even part of the game plan.
RB WORSE - I had high hopes for Spiller, and was happy to see Lynch walk. Jackson seemed to wear down through the course of the year. He did have some decent games this season, but the overall run performance for this team was significantly worse.
DL - though difficult to judge as the defensive scheme changed dramatically, I would have to say WORSE. While Williams has been a suprising highlight, the rest of the defensive front has been nothing shy of lack luster
LBs - WORSE - again, the defensive scheme change to the 3-4 and the numerous LB injuries the Bills sustained took it's toll. Regardless, they still can't cover a TE and they were getting crushed all year long against the run. OLBs showed a little shine late in the season as able to rush the QB, but most of it was overshadowed by an average amount of dissmal play.
CBs - I actually felt the Bills corners played better last year = WORSE
FS/SS - Although missing some key interceptions that seem to be there last year, I think the safetys broke even this year. This would be due largely to the continued immergence of Wilson, and I do think that Whitner picked up the pace from last season = SAME

COACHING - Offensive play calling BETTER...at times. Defensive coaching was horrendous regardless of changing schemes. These guys rarely seemed prepared week after week. Gailey seemed to do a decent job overall = slightly BETTER.
Agree almost all of it it. I think fitz had some to do with the ol suddenly pass blocking better.

EDS
01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
but he fixed it by getting rid of him while Dick is loyal to a fault.

I am definitely not suggesting Dick was a good coach, or talent evaluator. Rather, I am using his "accomplishments" to contract the "accomplishments" of Buddy and Chan.

Obviously, Ralph deserves the bulk of the blame as he is the one that has failed to hire a proper GM since TD left.

bf1
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM

When did I say or imply that I'm better than anyone else?

bf1
01-03-2011, 12:51 PM
1. Create new username, as all of his others have been banned.

2. Start thread saying the same stupid stit.

3. Go to that thread and take all of the comments personally, and fire back at all that call me on the carpent.

4. Get banned

5. Repeat

Seriously...this dude is sick. Please seek counseling, and see if you can't improve the rest of your life.

1) wrong
2) wrong
3) wrong albeit confusing
4) wrong
5) wrong

Ickybaluky
01-03-2011, 12:54 PM

Aren't you?

bf1
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Aren't you?

No, I don't think I'm better than EVERYONE else.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I remember a few years back, there was a poster named "billsfanone" who was abusive and insulted other members of the board. In fact, his abuse of the "groan" button was one of the reasons there isn't a "groan" button anymore.

Now, answer my question: are you the same billsfanone?

bf1
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I remember a few years back, there was a poster named "billsfanone" who was abusive and insulted other members of the board. In fact, his abuse of the "groan" button was one of the reasons there isn't a "groan" button anymore.

Now, answer my question: are you the same billsfanone?

Yes and no. I never, ever, abused the groan button. Ever.

And I never said or thought I was better than everybody.

justasportsfan
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
My point is, which some are having a tough time swallowing, is talent wise the team is no better than 2009. Thanks to bumbling buddy.

some are having a tough time understanding the difference between a team thats in their 1st year of rebuild vs. a team thats had 4 years to rebuild.

1st year of rebuilding is really not hard to understand. You're not going to have every piece to the puzzle.

bf1
01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
some are having a tough time understanding the difference between a team thats in their 1st year of rebuild vs. a team thats had 4 years to rebuild.

1st year of rebuilding is really not hard to understand. You're not going to have every piece to the puzzle.
Makes sense if there was an improvement from year 1 to year 2.