PDA

View Full Version : Observations at the game (as if it means anything)

BILLSROCK1212
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
The Jets fans were hardly obnoxious (for a change) because they just felt bad for us and this game didn't matter.

Overall the team dogged this one. Starting with the QBs: Brohm and Brown chucked up passes for the hell of it. Fred showed some fight. CJ was back to return so many punts he got in a habit of waving for a fair catch at the 10 yard line even when he could have returned it. It was a shame on the coaching staffs part for not feeding CJ the ball.

I think today sealed the deal. We need a new QB and we need plenty of new players to surround them. Overall the pass protection was OK, not great, but Brohm just couldn't get the ball out of his hands.

On a high note, Byrd was OUTSTANDING. The interception hardly had anything to do with it. Byrd was there in run defense and pass defense. Whitner wasn't around the ball too much, which can be good and bad depending on how you look at it. Lastly, Moats, Poz and Ayodele all played good ball as did Spencer Johnson at times.

Stroud is done based on his lack of playing time today, but Johnson may stick around.
McKelvin is also falling apart. Overall the defense certainly needs improvements, but there are some bright spots that we should be optimistic about.

Cheers to Cam Newton or Ryan Mallett and to a great 2011 season!!

Edit: The play calling was very Jauron-esque, but I hope that was just due to Brian Brohm being a ****ty QB and not a hint of Gailey's future offense.

mikemac2001
01-02-2011, 04:37 PM
lack of WR's and bad blocking helped our O suck again (on top of trentative qb play)

casdhf
01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
If anything, I think this game shows that we can live with Fitz at QB. I think the Jets would have played a different game with Fitz back there.

BILLSROCK1212
01-02-2011, 05:01 PM
If anything, I think this game shows that we can live with Fitz at QB. I think the Jets would have played a different game with Fitz back there.
interesting point...i'm not sure...it depends how our organization wants to build up...if we want to start w/ the QB and like our options i think we will draft one...otherwise we'll build around the QB and then draft one down the road

CarolinaBill99
01-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Run Defense is our number 1 priority this offseason....We knew that Sanchez was not going to throw on the firtst series and they still ran it down our throats...Forget about Cam Newton and Mallet...Fitz is good enough...