X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

We have not had franchise qb since jimbo

We have not picked this high since Bruce was drafted in 1985. Before u start arguing for a defensive lineman remember we already picked jumbo and he was getting ready to cone back to the NFL. If there is a franchise qb available at 3 we muSt take him. It is easier to build a def. and off.line than get a franchise qb. Locker is intriguing as he would have been number 1 overall last year had he come out. If he is the real deal we must pick him. Same for newton. This franchise needs to be energized and nothing does that like drafting a qb in the 1st round.
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: We have not had franchise qb since jimbo

Wow. Whodda thunk it.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Couldn't disagree more.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
        • Sep 2010

This is a QB driven league boys.
        Originally posted by OpIv37
        You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

if they go qb its going to be luck or newton... i like mallett too, but his value is around 8-15.... its risky but it would be very exciting. marcell dareus and nick fairley are the easy picks, picking newton is risky and would set the franchise back at least 4 years if he fails. hmmmmm idk

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Luck is the ONLY quarterback worthy of a top three pick and the only way we can get him is if Harbaugh gets a job other than Carolina, Luck comes out and Carolina decides to stick with Clausen.

Those are all big IFs.

Cam Newton is NOT a top three pick and at this point Mallet isn't considered one either.

As much as I agree that franchise QB is the biggest priority, defense at three is not only the safe pick but it is the smart pick unless Luck falls in our laps.

There should be good QB value in the second round this year and we pick high in that round. It's almost like a second first rounder.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Wait...we haven't???

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin
                Luck is the ONLY quarterback worthy of a top three pick and the only way we can get him is if Harbaugh gets a job other than Carolina, Luck comes out and Carolina decides to stick with Clausen.

Those are all big IFs.

Cam Newton is NOT a top three pick and at this point Mallet isn't considered one either.

As much as I agree that franchise QB is the biggest priority, defense at three is not only the safe pick but it is the smart pick unless Luck falls in our laps.

There should be good QB value in the second round this year and we pick high in that round. It's almost like a second first rounder.
                Why is Newton, (Heisman trophy winner, 6'6 250lbs, top college athlete) 'NOT' worthy of a top 3 pick?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prov401
                  Why is Newton, (Heisman trophy winner, 6'6 250lbs, top college athlete) 'NOT' worthy of a top 3 pick?
                  its just risky with the character issues and being a 1 year wonder... also intellect is critical...not sure how smart he is...

Comment

• Prov401
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                    its just risky with the character issues and being a 1 year wonder... also intellect is critical...not sure how smart he is...
                    Any QB is risky. Personally, I don't see all this hype about Luck at all. I've seen quite a few of his games this year, and he looks like an alright QB, but in no way do I see him competing with the likes of Manning, Brady, Brees etc. I'm not on the Luck wagon what-so-ever. Newton is a football player. He wins. He's clutch. He's athletic. Teams will have to game plan around a guy like Newton, who has proven he can throw if teams decide to take him out of the run game.

Either way, this taking the QB thing like everybody wants around here, will be a risk.

I'm hoping these guys don't p***y out like last year's class and actually attend the combine.
                    Last edited by Prov401; 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

So Matt Leinhart and Troy Smith, two Heisman winners recently, have proven top three worthiness? Throw Vince young in too. College success doesn't equal NFL success. Newton may turn out to be Peyton Manning 2.0, but with character and decision issues and a lack of body of work beyond one season are factors to consider.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        So Matt Leinhart and Troy Smith, two Heisman winners recently, have proven top three worthiness? Throw Vince young in too. College success doesn't equal NFL success. Newton may turn out to be Peyton Manning 2.0, but with character and decision issues and a lack of body of work beyond one season are factors to consider.
                        Matt Leinart and Troy Smith aren't half the athlete Newton is.

And last I checked Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter in the NFL. I'd say that's pretty successful.

Taking a QB is going to be risky regardless of character issues. Newton will be a top 5 pick in the draft, and I'm betting Buffalo is going to seriously consider taking him.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Prov401
                          Matt Leinart and Troy Smith aren't half the athlete Newton is.

And last I checked Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter in the NFL. I'd say that's pretty successful.

Taking a QB is going to be risky regardless of character issues. Newton will be a top 5 pick in the draft, and I'm betting Buffalo is going to seriously consider taking him.
                          Wasnt Russell a great athlete too?
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

I wonder why people question Cam newtons intelligence?

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
                              I wonder why people question Cam newtons intelligence?

Because he is from Georgia of course!

And you know how people from Georgia love Fried Chicken!
                              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Working...
                              X