PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson...Hands remind me of Robert Royal

baalworship
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I know we are supposed to be happy that he got over 1,000 yards and a lot of TD's. But I am really sick of watching him drop pass after pass that would be a 1st down. The Pittsburgh game was not an aberration. He really needs to spend off-season getting that figured out.

mikemac2001
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
That drop vs Pitt saved us like 5 draft spots

Demon
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
He's one of the most lovable players now because he has fun and is exciting, but his drops are very worrisome. Wait til we play in a game that matters, he will absolutely kill us, and be the most hated man in town. lol

Glad somebody pointed this point.

JCBills
01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Do people forget T.O. has had the same problem his entire career?

psubills62
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I think it's pretty obvious we still need a true #1 WR at this point. Not saying we need to take Green at 3rd overall, as one of the top WR's (Baldwin?, Floyd?) MAY fall to us in the 2nd. Would love to see Floyd on this team.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Seems like if he's open on short/intermediate routes he is surehanded. Problem is if he needs to make a catch in traffic, he's very unreliable. It needs to get fixed.

Demon
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious we still need a true #1 WR at this point. Not saying we need to take Green at 3rd overall, as one of the top WR's (Baldwin?, Floyd?) MAY fall to us in the 2nd. Would love to see Floyd on this team.

Not sure he'd ever make it in the NFL. He lacks separation speed. In college, he gets away with it, but in the NFL, not sure he would.

psubills62
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Not sure he'd ever make it in the NFL. He lacks separation speed. In college, he gets away with it, but in the NFL, not sure he would.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know much about his speed, but I do know he has good hands. He also has done well in run-blocking from the limited amount I saw this year. I have a feeling that aspect is important to Nix/Gailey.

B-DON
01-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Floyd has never been a burner yet the kid still makes huge plays. I think floyd is a much better receiver than tate is and he went in the 2nd if I remember correctly. Floyd has size and can make the difficult catch. Would love to see him in buffalo.

Mahdi
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I know we are supposed to be happy that he got over 1,000 yards and a lot of TD's. But I am really sick of watching him drop pass after pass that would be a 1st down. The Pittsburgh game was not an aberration. He really needs to spend off-season getting that figured out.
Stevie has amazing hands. It's more a lack of constant concentration. A lot of talented young WRs have suffered through this in their careers.

I doubt it continues to be a problem.

Danny Duberstein
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Damn, can't we just be glad that we finally have a good WR on our team (T.O. was good, but we all knew that was a 1-year rental).

We haven't had a decent WR since Moulds was in his prime. Yes, he's had some drops lately. Maybe if he had awesome hands, we wouldn't have gotten him in the 7th freaking round.

methos4ever
01-03-2011, 05:34 AM
82 catches, from 12 in his career prior to this year. Concentration sucks, but let's give him a bit more time to prove himself before he's placed on the run out of town bus?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 05:37 AM
can we please stop with the pick a wr early... jesus christ

evans
johnson
parrish
nelson
easley
jones
roosevelt....

cmon people

YardRat
01-03-2011, 05:51 AM

evans
johnson
parrish
nelson
easley
jones
roosevelt....

cmon people

IMO Green is no longer a factor unless we trade down. It's been pared to Luck, Dareus or Peterson.

EricStratton
01-03-2011, 06:02 AM

evans
johnson
parrish
nelson
easley
jones
roosevelt....

cmon people

And how many on that list played yesterday?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 06:07 AM
And how many on that list played yesterday?

your point?

Night Train
01-03-2011, 06:11 AM
The Jets have that same player in Braylon Edwards.

He caught the big TD yesterday but has dropped 20 of those. It comes to a point where the head coach has to make a decision how much those drops kill the team.

He's basically a rookie this season so let's see what he does next year.Talks of extending him now are foolish.

EricStratton
01-03-2011, 07:27 AM
your point?

Wideout isn't exactly a strength.

The King
01-03-2011, 07:38 AM
I just think Stevie is young and kind of stupid... The opportunity is there for him to take, he just needs to focus more on football and less on endzone dances, haircuts and slogans.

He's had some crucial drops, he didnt tap his toes against NE on an early drive... He needs to take that next step.

He's done more than I ever thought he would.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Wideout isn't exactly a strength.

i disagree.

EricStratton
01-03-2011, 07:50 AM
i disagree.

It wouldn't be the first time you're wrong.

mysticsoto
01-03-2011, 07:51 AM

Well I don't remember Royal having 10 TDs in one season. Stevie has been shown to have good hands. I'd be willing to bet alot of it is concentration which can be corrected. That being said, if the Oline could better protect (the right side had lots of injuries this year) maybe Fitz's balls wouldn't seem so erratic at times. Good ball placement can do wonders also...

Thief
01-03-2011, 08:25 AM
It wouldn't be the first time you're wrong.What are our top 2 or 3 positions of strength? I mean, obviously I mean "when healthy", because everyone will be 100% entering next year. This IS a relative question.

Relatively speaking, I project WR to be a strength next year.

Beebe's Kid
01-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Do people forget T.O. has had the same problem his entire career?

Not at all...I didn't like when he dropped passes either.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
assuming they resign florence, youboty, and wilson which shouldnt be hard at all, we are strong at oline except rt, we are strong at backup te, we are strong at wr. fitz is starting next year regardless of who we draft.... rb is fine, that leaves front 7 as a major major need. if the pick is not dareus or fairley outside of luck, then we are dumb as ****!

newton cheated on 2-3 tests, he bought a stolen computer, his upbringing is questionable, there are rumors that he cant handle more than 20% of the playbook. mallett and gabbert seem like they dont have the value of being top 5 picks.

its got to be dareus or fairley whoever is there. one is guaranteed to be there.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Stevie will be just fine with his hands. Instead of trying to fight for a roster spot this offseason, Stevie can hit the jug machine.

Historian
01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
He's a poor man's Russell Copeland...