X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

I think Bill Cowher ends up in Miami

After watching Miami lay down yesterday, I think Tony Sporano gets fired. That was an embarrassing performance by Miami. The Pats say a bunch of guys, including their top 3 receivers, and yet Miami gave up over 500 yards. They laid down on their coach, and I think Ross will fire him.

Ross is a guy who goes for flash and is trying to build excitement around the team. He has tried hard to make the Dolphins an event in Miami, like the Lakers are in Los Angelos, but it hasn't happened. He will get rid of Sporano and bring in Cowher because that will bring excitement.

Kind of sucks, because Cowher is a good coach. I guess he still needs a QB, but I the division is likely to get tougher.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: I think Bill Cowher ends up in Miami

That is certainly going out on a limb. Can't say I would be too happy if that happened.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

If the owner is more about flash than actual substance, then maybe that's why Parcells left. I'm sure Cowher would call the Tuna first for an honest opinion.

He wants an owner like Rooney who gave him the power...not a showman.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
        • Dec 2002

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Cowher goes to Miami.

1st of all, if he does decide to come back I don't see how he isn't a shoe in at Carolina.

2nd, I really think that the Dolphins are 1 good QB away from contending in this division.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Really... I could care less. I guess that the Dolphins being in our division, and the delusion that Cowher may come here would provide the stretch to make this Bills related.

Although, fans like to cry about what other teams are doing, and misconstrue that as an option we passed on, or screwed up, so maybe...

I guess that I like to talk about the Bills, which would be why we, or most of us, are here. I know that we might not be much to talk about, but I guess that's why God created forums for other teams.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

He'll go to Carolina, you can take that to the bank.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Carolina won't pay the money for Cowher.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                He'll go to Carolina, you can take that to the bank.
                No he won't, and the reason is the bank it would take. Carolina is going to go with an assistant who won't command big money.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
                  Carolina won't pay the money for Cowher.
                  It has been reported by many that this is the case. I don't understand why some people refuse to believe it. Aside from that, with his wife gone & his kids out of H.S. & in College, there is nothing holding Cowher in Carolina.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Sparano to return as Dolphins coach

Lombardi, a former Raiders executive, reported Wednesday that the Dolphins will keep Sparano and instead hire a new offensive coordinator to replace Dan Henning. He specifically mentioned former Denver coach Josh McDaniels and current Texans coach Gary Kubiak as possibilities for that post, although reports surfaced Wednesday night that Kubiak’s job in Houston was relatively safe.

Dolphins owner Ross to meet with Sparano, Ireland this week

I think he will stick for one more year based on Parcells' recommendation.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-03-2011, 10:18 AM.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      I think he will stick for one more year based on Parcells' recommendation.
                      Those reports of Sporano being brought back were from before they laid down like dogs against the Patriots. It was a pitiful performance, and Ross had to notice.

I don't know. Ross doesn't have any allegiance to Parcells, he inherited him. Ross wants to put his stamp on the franchise. If he is patient, he will give Sporano more time. However, I don't think he will be.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                        Those reports of Sporano being brought back were from before they laid down like dogs against the Patriots.

Yup, thats why I posted a second link. If Sparano was to be fired I doubt Ross would even bother to bring him in for a meeting. I think Sparano was brought in to disscuss what needs to be done. Just like when Ralphy brought Dick for a meeting.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Static
                          The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                          • Jul 2005

Sparano is at todays press conference, says he hasn't met with ross yet but is scheduled too.

Comment

• Static
                            The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                            • Jul 2005

Source: Coach Cowher and Dolphins not an easy fit

Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is unlikely to become the next coach of the Miami Dolphins, according to a source close to Cowher. Looking at potential coaching openings around the league, the Dolphins represented the lone opportunity that made sense for Cowher, according to the source, but that sense has diminished.

The source states that the Dolphins are strongly considering parting with head coach Tony Sparano, but are likely to retain general manager Jeff Ireland. Ireland has built a strong rapport with Dolphins owner Steve Ross and has close ties to former Kansas City Chiefs president Carl Peterson, a longtime friend and confidant of Ross.
                            Cowher, along with commanding a salary in the $7M to $8M range, would want his own personnel staff, meaning sweeping changes to the football operations side of the organization -- in essence, clearing out those brought in previously by Bill Parcells.
                            Those close to Cowher do not expect him to move forward with the Dolphins unless the parameters of the job change substantially.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Just saw this and it seems like the organization would have to be completely blown up for Cowher to come in. On top of that, they need a QB...

Comment

Working...
                              X