X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Draft Strategy

Well we were bad, but not as bad as we thought. That still doesnt take away that we are picking 3rd, the highest we have picked since 1985.

Now the Bills can handle this Draft in 2 ways. (IMO)

1. Defense,Defense,Defense.
    We draft nothing but defense. Guys like Bowers,Dareus,or Fairley in the 1st round. Stud linebackers in the later rounds like Dante Hightower out of Alabama, or Casey Mattews out of Oregon. Just getting some talent on this defense.

2. QB 1st, defense later.
    Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert.
    The 1st round talent at QB is there, but do we take the plunge?
    The guy will sit behind Fitz, unless by some miracle we land Andrew Luck.
    The problem with drafting a QB this year, is missing out on all that defensive talent.

What are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Draft Strategy

To the chagrin of everyone out there, I wouldn't be surprised to see Green or Peterson in the first round.

No matter who they pick in the first round, I see rounds 2-5 being OLB, ILB, OT, possibly DE, and QB, in no particular order. Maybe another skill position in there (like CB) somewhere. Then possibly duplicates of LB and OT in the late rounds.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
      • Sep 2010

Hell, I would take Peterson or Green. They are with out a doubt the best all around talent in the draft.
      Originally posted by OpIv37
      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
        Hell, I would take Peterson or Green. They are with out a doubt the best all around talent in the draft.
        Agreed, they are both very talented. What some people don't consider is that WR's and CB's with that kind of talent are very unlikely to be found in the later rounds. However, DL, LB's and OL from the later rounds can be developed into great talents.

It's easier to develop DL and OL from the later rounds than to find skill guys with supreme talent in the later rounds.

I'd personally prefer either Peterson or Dareus, but Green wouldn't upset me too much. Especially if Nix and co. then focus on the OL and front 7 in the next 5 rounds.
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
          Agreed, they are both very talented. What some people don't consider is that WR's and CB's with that kind of talent are very unlikely to be found in the later rounds. However, DL, LB's and OL from the later rounds can be developed into great talents.

It's easier to develop DL and OL from the later rounds than to find skill guys with supreme talent in the later rounds.

I'd personally prefer either Peterson or Dareus, but Green wouldn't upset me too much. Especially if Nix and co. then focus on the OL and front 7 in the next 5 rounds.

I prefer the strategy of BPA with every pick.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            I prefer the strategy of BPA with every pick.
            Right...and if the BPA is a skill position, most people will freak out, which is why I made the comments that I did. I have no problem drafting DL in the first round if it's truly BPA. If not, then get a playmaker. The Lord only knows we're short on those just like we're short on everything else.
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
              Right...and if the BPA is a skill position, most people will freak out, which is why I made the comments that I did. I have no problem drafting DL in the first round if it's truly BPA. If not, then get a playmaker. The Lord only knows we're short on those just like we're short on everything else.
              I cant think of one position outside of LS, P and RB that doesnt have a hole to fill.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

What they should do is trade up for Luck and if that can't happen trade back into the 1st for the qb.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  I cant think of one position outside of LS, P and RB that doesnt have a hole to fill.
                  As DB said you have to strictly go bpa every pick. This should not be a surprise for us bills fans as Nix himself said that is what he does and the only time he takes a need guy is when two guys have the same grade he will lean toward need guy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                    What they should do is trade up for Luck and if that can't happen trade back into the 1st for the qb.
                    No they shouldnt do either. We have too many holes to try and start filling to be spending draft picks in trades.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

That's your opinion. My opinion is you can't win without a qb in todays NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

That's your opinion. My opinion is you can't win without a qb in todays NFL.
                        Doesnt matter QB or not, we arent winning next season. No reason to make it 2-3 more season by spending picks we can't afford to lose right now.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Get qb and start developing him to start winning. Or wait 2-3 yrs and start developing. I don't want to wait.
                          Locker or Gabbert can be had late 1st and maybe we can get lucky and have one fall to the 2nd but I doubt it.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
                            ENOUGH!!!!!!

we have taken clements winfield, evans, mcgahee, whitner, mckelvin, lynch, spiller.... stop with the skill players.

the bills pick 3, luck will go number 1..

that means fairley or dareus will be there no matter what.

TAKE THE ****ING BEAST DLINEMAN!!!!!!!!!

the only way we take peterson is if luck is gone and then somehow denver take 2 players with 1 pick.

****!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Get qb and start developing him to start winning. Or wait 2-3 yrs and start developing. I don't want to wait.
                              Locker or Gabbert can be had late 1st and maybe we can get lucky and have one fall to the 2nd but I doubt it.
                              Gabbert can likely be had in the 2nd and Locker possibly in the 3rd. Id take Devlin just as easily as I would Gabbert and Id take him ahead of Locker.

Getting a QB now and playing him now does not guarantee anything, just like waiting doesnt. But if we fail to start adequately filling our holes we could have Tom Brady back there and we'll still fail to make the playoffs.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X