PDA

View Full Version : For Fun: Top 5 players in draft for Bills

baalworship
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
We have a lot of time for players to run 40's and test positive for weed. But lets do a top 5 players YOU want the Bills to draft with #3 pick in order.

I'll start:

1.Andrew Luck, looks like the real deal. Heard he's not as good as Bradford as a prospect but better than Stafford was coming out.

2.Nick Fairley, Absolute beast. Mean also is a trait I like. Would create enough havoc to disrupt opposing offense.

3.Cam Newton. Needs to show he can pick up NFL playbook. On tape can make every throw and threaten with his legs.

4.Robert Quinn. He would play OLB and rush the passer in our 3-4 scheme. Absolutely freakish athletic ability. Pass rush is awful right now.

5.Marcel Dareus. Looks the part and could contribute against pass and run on D-Line. Would be nice starting next to Kyle Williams.

DraftBoy
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
1. Luck
2. Dareus
3. Peterson
4. Bowers
5. Green

3 and 4 are basically a toss up, I went with Peterson over Bowers, due to an entire career of production, rather than just one great season.

psubills62
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
1. Andrew Luck
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Marcell Dareus
4. AJ Green
5. Robert Quinn

mikemac2001
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
go Dline or paterson........i don't have a top 5 i am just sick of teams getting 5 yds 6 yds 5 yds 15 yds all on running plays.

baalworship
01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
1. Luck
2. Dareus
3. Peterson
4. Bowers
5. Green

3 and 4 are basically a toss up, I went with Peterson over Bowers, due to an entire career of production, rather than just one great season.

How do you feel Peterson compares to Revis as a prospect?

DraftBoy
01-03-2011, 10:49 AM
How do you feel Peterson compares to Revis as a prospect?

Peterson has better size and athletic ability, but he's not as smooth turning as Revis is. Both have incredible ball skills, but Revis right now is a more capable physical defender on the jam.

Long term I think Peterson has Champ Bailey like ability, which I would say grades higher than where Revis is when he is at the top of his game.

mikemac2001
01-03-2011, 10:49 AM
i like the fact paterson is 6'1 also gives us a good matchup corner for bigger wideouts.

Ed
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think I know enough to feel strongly about one player over another, but this is probably my top 5 right now.

1. Luck
2. Peterson
3. Bowers
4. Dareus
5. Newton

Honorable mentions for Quinn and Green. I really like AJ Green, but I also like our WR's right now, so it's tough to put him in my top 5 for the Bills.

Ed
01-03-2011, 10:57 AM
1. Luck
2. Dareus
3. Peterson
4. Bowers
5. Green

What do you think of Adrian Clayborn as a potential pick? You seemed pretty high on him earlier in the season.

DraftBoy
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
What do you think of Adrian Clayborn as a potential pick? You seemed pretty high on him earlier in the season.

He's about 7 or 8th on my list. His conditioning issues are not easy to get past and while he's got top 3 ability when fully conditioned and on, he didnt show it all the time this season.

k-oneputt
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Luck
Dareus
Bowers
Fairley
Quinn

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
1Luck
2dareus
3fairley
4peterson
5bowers/ trade down/mallett/

The Slave
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
1. Andrew Luck (doubt he declares, but if he does there is a chance he drops to three. Carolina and Denver have other needs)
2. Da'Quan Bowers (BPA, IMO)
3. Patrick Peterson (I think he goes to Denver at 2)
4. Cam Newton
5. Marcel Dareus

Buffalo Thriller
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
1. Luck
2. Peterson
3. Bowers
4. Green
5. Fairley

madness
01-03-2011, 03:30 PM
1. Luck
2. Peterson
3. Green

Eventually
01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Gonna start getting lots of repeat answers, but one day removed from this season, it is a fun little game, thanks for starting it.

1. luck- no brainer, If I'm buddy Nix I've already placed a call to Carolina, we need a franchise face, a savior so to speak, he's the guy, no bones about it.

2. Fairley- Run D=putrid, gross, expectorant-like

3. Green- If you're going BPA, purely by the rules of BPA, he's the guy IMO. Not every year a receiver like him comes around. Lots of variables would take form if he's the pick though.

4. Petersen- a corner at 3, can't really wrap my head around that one, but from various mocks he seems denver bound anyhow. But you never can have enough quality corners in this league.

5. Dareus- See note on fairley.

Quick analysis:

Personally I feel the Bills need to attack this draft in one of 4 ways for it to be done properly.

1. You do everything in your power to make Andrew Luck a Bill. Then if a second is still there you protect him by taking best Tackle prospect. Have this guy start at RT until ready then you shuffle the lines once he's ready to move to LT.

2. You draft Newton at three. Not what I want at all, but I think he's really the only qb outside of the impossible luck dropping there to be worthy, if you even want to say that, of the third pick. In this scenario Tackle not as much an issue and go LB/DE in rnd 2.

3. You Trade down, if you can get a suitor, somewhere in the 8-13 range and select Mallet. Probably got an extra third at least if not a late 2nd, and then you take the Tackle like in the luck scenario.

4. Take Fairley or Dareus. and hope that together with merriman the D looks a whole lot better for the next couple years. Then in round 2 you gauge which qb's have fallen, if a locker or a gabbert is there that's the pick, if not you go tackle, then look to Dalton in the third or move up to mid-late second and get him.

Personally the Luck scenario's a pipe dream, but that aside I'm leaning towards the mallet trade down or Fairley/Tackle/Dalton scenario

X-Era
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
1) Luck
2) Bowers
3) Dareus
4) Newton or Gabbert (depends on the final ranks for each)

TacklingDummy
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
1. Best defense player available
2. Best defense player available
3. Best defense player available
4. Best defense player available
5. see above.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
peterson and green should be 5.... havent we learned anything from missing on ngata....

YardRat
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
1. Dareus
2. Peterson
3. Luck
4. Bowers
5. Green

Night Train
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Luck
Dareus
Fairley