PDA

View Full Version : Poz & Stroud Should Be Viewed As " Tenuous "

Night Train
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Stroud looks like he's hit the wall and the UFA Poz is a step slow to the hole and somewhat brittle. I wouldn't offer Poz any big contract, if at all.

Bills need a more physical presence to halt the run. Keep the changes coming.

Yasgur's Farm
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM
So by all means... Let POZ go and fill his role with Keith Ellison. Oh wait... Who do we fill the other ILB slot with? Not to mention that Ellison is a FA too.

alohabillsfan
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree let them go. Its called free angency, why pay 3 or 4 mill per for Poz when you can pay that $$$ to an upgrade?

bf1
01-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Sign poz to vet minimum. He can be a good backup.

Mad Max
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Sign poz to vet minimum. He can be a good backup.

How do you figure he'd sign at vet minimum? He's not that bad.

BILLSROCK1212
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
is tenuous the word of the year?? it replaces "stealth" and "vanilla"

YardRat
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Stroud is probably history if we go dline in the first. the POS will most likely get a new contract.

EDS
01-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Poz should be resigned. He is far and away the best linebacker the team has. They need to find someone to pair with him on the inside if they decide to stick with the 3-4.

OpIv37
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Poz should be resigned. He is far and away the best linebacker the team has. They need to find someone to pair with him on the inside if they decide to stick with the 3-4.
Don't make me go through the list of analogies again. Being the best ILB on the Bills is meaningless because we are so bad at the position.

Poz sucks. Other than Whitner, he's the most overrated guy on the team. He can't shed a block, can't turn his hips and is obscenely slow in pass coverage. I don't know why people can't see it. Yes, we are hurting at LB, but keeping the guys we hav isn't going to make the position better.

As far as Stroud, he's done. Spencer Johnson is no worse and Carrington is better, so Stroud is expendable. I liked the guy when we first got him, but age has caught up with him.

OpIv37
01-04-2011, 08:53 AM
So by all means... Let POZ go and fill his role with Keith Ellison. Oh wait... Who do we fill the other ILB slot with? Not to mention that Ellison is a FA too.
Ellison blows and isn't even ILB in the 3-4. But that's no reason to settle for the mediocrity that is Poz. Let them both walk. We have Moats, Batten should be healthy, plus we have an entire off-season to find replacements.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Poz will and should be resigned. Why create more holes?? Some people are nuts. Hes a decent LB who will be even better like the secondary when he get a better front to rush the passer. Whitner can walk for the price he wants

trapezeus
01-04-2011, 08:55 AM
poz isn't awesome. He's not good in coverage and there are times he gets blasted off the ball. Yet, he is always in on the play. and not in a whitner kind of way. If there was a line that tied up OL and created lanes to the QB, he'd be better.

The bills can not go from worst to first by getting 11 new starters and 8 replacements in an offseason. Poz is good enough to be a starter and could be better if paired with someone else. worst case scenario, he is great depth.

Cutting him would mean the bills have even further to go.

And by stating the above, it doesn't mean i don't want better LBs. It's just that i think he is a part of the puzzle.

EDS
01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Don't make me go through the list of analogies again. Being the best ILB on the Bills is meaningless because we are so bad at the position.

Poz sucks. Other than Whitner, he's the most overrated guy on the team. He can't shed a block, can't turn his hips and is obscenely slow in pass coverage. I don't know why people can't see it. Yes, we are hurting at LB, but keeping the guys we hav isn't going to make the position better.

As far as Stroud, he's done. Spencer Johnson is no worse and Carrington is better, so Stroud is expendable. I liked the guy when we first got him, but age has caught up with him.

I completely agree that he is overrated, but I also think he is far from the biggest problem on the defense. I definitely am not advocating giving him a large deal. I certaintly would rather have signed Poz to that ridiculous contract than Kelsay. If the Bills are willing to spent some coin and get a David Harris type (whom they could have drafted instead of Poz), than great, but I don't see that happening and I rather have Poz than some street free agent like Ayodele or two rookies (chances are the other spot is manned by a rookie given the dearth of talent currently on the roster).

The Bills need a thumper next to him, and a defensive tackle who can eat up blockers.

Stroud is most certaintly done.

Mahdi
01-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Stroud looks like he's hit the wall and the UFA Poz is a step slow to the hole and somewhat brittle. I wouldn't offer Poz any big contract, if at all.

Bills need a more physical presence to halt the run. Keep the changes coming.
Stroud could be a camp cut and Poz looks unlikely to be resigned. It's obvious our LBs were not good run defenders especially on the inside.

2 players that could come in from SD to fix our problems: Stephen Cooper and Burnett both ILBs are UFA and SD was solid against the run.

bigbub2352
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
completely agree...add Evans to that list as well

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
With the worst run D in the NFL, and possibly one of the worst in NFL history, it's hard to imagine anyone's job being anything other than tenuous.

Ingtar33
01-04-2011, 12:26 PM
yes. lets make more holes on our roster

Beebe's Kid
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM

As far as Stroud, he's done. Spencer Johnson is no worse and Carrington is better, so Stroud is expendable. I liked the guy when we first got him, but age has caught up with him.Hilarious to see this after reading you complaining about working out a WR... Yep we're all set there, but Poz has to go, if you've said it once you've said it 500,000 times.

I love how people think Poz will sign for the vet minimum, or that we are going to replace him for $4 mil in FA... Hilarious. Poz or Mitchell?? Who would you take? Mitchell is the kind of guy 4 bucks buys you in FA.

As great as all of the takes are...truth is Poz will be resigned. The good news? It will not be for the vet minimum, so you can all keep *****ing and blaming every defensive mistake on him.

Stroud is tits on a boar. I know Carrington isn't polished, but he looks better than Stroud.

Whitner...we're going to replace him... I know everybody loves Scott and Wilson, but there has been two coaching staffs that didn't think either of them were better than DW... He'll get paid, and people will get to start thread after thread about every play he misses next year.

Beebe's Kid
01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
yes. lets make more holes on our roster

But...but...but...we'll get new, better players!!!!! 48 of them!!!

Our fans are becoming more ridiculous than ever. Too much losing. Although I think it is funny how high some fan's standards are.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
eric weddle would be a nix signing that would cost less than whitner but would probably produce more... or we just start wilson or scott and draft a mid rd safety...

mybills
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Not that I go by stats but, I thought Pos has good stats?

Night Train
01-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Why are we worried about creating more holes in a 4-12 team ?

Quit falling in love with mediocrity.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Why are we worried about creating more holes in a 4-12 team ?

Quit falling in love with mediocrity.

we could easily replace poz with someone like ross homan in the 5th rd. its not a wise investment... same w/whitner...