• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Poz & Stroud Should Be Viewed As " Tenuous "

Stroud looks like he's hit the wall and the UFA Poz is a step slow to the hole and somewhat brittle. I wouldn't offer Poz any big contract, if at all.

Bills need a more physical presence to halt the run. Keep the changes coming.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Poz & Stroud Should Be Viewed As " Tenuous "

So by all means... Let POZ go and fill his role with Keith Ellison. Oh wait... Who do we fill the other ILB slot with? Not to mention that Ellison is a FA too.
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

I agree let them go. Its called free angency, why pay 3 or 4 mill per for Poz when you can pay that $$$ to an upgrade?

Comment

• bf1
        • Oct 2010

Sign poz to vet minimum. He can be a good backup.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bf1
          Sign poz to vet minimum. He can be a good backup.
          How do you figure he'd sign at vet minimum? He's not that bad.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

is tenuous the word of the year?? it replaces "stealth" and "vanilla"

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Stroud is probably history if we go dline in the first. the POS will most likely get a new contract.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Poz should be resigned. He is far and away the best linebacker the team has. They need to find someone to pair with him on the inside if they decide to stick with the 3-4.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                  Poz should be resigned. He is far and away the best linebacker the team has. They need to find someone to pair with him on the inside if they decide to stick with the 3-4.
                  Don't make me go through the list of analogies again. Being the best ILB on the Bills is meaningless because we are so bad at the position.

Poz sucks. Other than Whitner, he's the most overrated guy on the team. He can't shed a block, can't turn his hips and is obscenely slow in pass coverage. I don't know why people can't see it. Yes, we are hurting at LB, but keeping the guys we hav isn't going to make the position better.

As far as Stroud, he's done. Spencer Johnson is no worse and Carrington is better, so Stroud is expendable. I liked the guy when we first got him, but age has caught up with him.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    So by all means... Let POZ go and fill his role with Keith Ellison. Oh wait... Who do we fill the other ILB slot with? Not to mention that Ellison is a FA too.
                    Ellison blows and isn't even ILB in the 3-4. But that's no reason to settle for the mediocrity that is Poz. Let them both walk. We have Moats, Batten should be healthy, plus we have an entire off-season to find replacements.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Poz will and should be resigned. Why create more holes?? Some people are nuts. Hes a decent LB who will be even better like the secondary when he get a better front to rush the passer. Whitner can walk for the price he wants

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

poz isn't awesome. He's not good in coverage and there are times he gets blasted off the ball. Yet, he is always in on the play. and not in a whitner kind of way. If there was a line that tied up OL and created lanes to the QB, he'd be better.

The bills can not go from worst to first by getting 11 new starters and 8 replacements in an offseason. Poz is good enough to be a starter and could be better if paired with someone else. worst case scenario, he is great depth.

Cutting him would mean the bills have even further to go.

And by stating the above, it doesn't mean i don't want better LBs. It's just that i think he is a part of the puzzle.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Don't make me go through the list of analogies again. Being the best ILB on the Bills is meaningless because we are so bad at the position.

Poz sucks. Other than Whitner, he's the most overrated guy on the team. He can't shed a block, can't turn his hips and is obscenely slow in pass coverage. I don't know why people can't see it. Yes, we are hurting at LB, but keeping the guys we hav isn't going to make the position better.

As far as Stroud, he's done. Spencer Johnson is no worse and Carrington is better, so Stroud is expendable. I liked the guy when we first got him, but age has caught up with him.
                          I completely agree that he is overrated, but I also think he is far from the biggest problem on the defense. I definitely am not advocating giving him a large deal. I certaintly would rather have signed Poz to that ridiculous contract than Kelsay. If the Bills are willing to spent some coin and get a David Harris type (whom they could have drafted instead of Poz), than great, but I don't see that happening and I rather have Poz than some street free agent like Ayodele or two rookies (chances are the other spot is manned by a rookie given the dearth of talent currently on the roster).

The Bills need a thumper next to him, and a defensive tackle who can eat up blockers.

Stroud is most certaintly done.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                            Stroud looks like he's hit the wall and the UFA Poz is a step slow to the hole and somewhat brittle. I wouldn't offer Poz any big contract, if at all.

Bills need a more physical presence to halt the run. Keep the changes coming.
                            Stroud could be a camp cut and Poz looks unlikely to be resigned. It's obvious our LBs were not good run defenders especially on the inside.

2 players that could come in from SD to fix our problems: Stephen Cooper and Burnett both ILBs are UFA and SD was solid against the run.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

completely agree...add Evans to that list as well
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X