PDA

View Full Version : Nobody seemed to mention...

T-Long
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
McShay's projection of Patrick Petersen to the Bills. In his scenario, Bowers and Dareus are both sitting there. Do you really think the Bills would go CB here?

I think I would be happy with the selection of any of these guys at 3:

Luck, Fairley, Petersen, Bowers, Dareus, or Newton

(Save the McShay doesn't know anything argument for another thread. I just wanna see what you guys think about Petersen in a Bills uni, and who you would be happy with at 3)

BidsJr
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Hell no.

X-Era
01-03-2011, 08:42 PM
McShay's projection of Patrick Petersen to the Bills. In his scenario, Bowers and Dareus are both sitting there. Do you really think the Bills would go CB here?

(Save the McShay doesn't know anything argument for another thread. I just wanna see what you guys think about Petersen in a Bills uni, and who you would be happy with at 3)Fantastic talent, with McKelvin fading, Florence potentially leaving and McGee getting older, it's not a complete misfit. He's worthy of the pick, but I'd rather us look at other positions.

bigbub2352
01-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I think Cbs can be found later in the draft it would be a mistake to waste the 3rd on a skill player...we gave up 200 yars rushing a game...we need a playmaking DLineman before anything else is added

Or trade up for Luck

T-Long
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Fantastic talent, with McKelvin fading, Florence potentially leaving and McGee getting older, it's not a complete misfit. He's worthy of the pick, but I'd rather us look at other positions.
couldn't agree more

DraftBoy
Makes plenty of sense.

Peterson has more ability than any CB that has come out in the past ten years arguably.

k-oneputt
He doesn't realize that a-hole Jauron left.

Mr. Pink
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
If Peterson is on the board and Luck isn't, this franchise will make a huge mistake passing on him.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-03-2011, 09:08 PM
To answer your question, I'll rewind to last year's draft and substitute some names:

(insert pundit X)'s projection of C.J. Spiller to the Bills. In his scenario, Bulaga and (Clausen/Tebow) are both sitting there. Do you really think the Bills would go RB here?
Considering the ineptitude the current scouting department has in the upper rounds of the draft... yes, they will draft a cornerback on a team whose major problem is front-seven. Their biggest holes: OT, QB, DE, ILB.

A CB does not help this team.

tampabay25690
01-03-2011, 09:12 PM

(Save the McShay doesn't know anything argument for another thread. I just wanna see what you guys think about Petersen in a Bills uni, and who you would be happy with at 3)

To be honest I wouldn't be mad at all.
You get maybe the best all around athlete in the draft at #3...
I would be curious if the Bills used him as a Special teamer like at LSU.
The guy is great and can start from day 1....
A shutdown CB is always a great thing to have.....

I really don't think the Bills will go Peterson though. It's either a QB, or DL....
I can see Chan and Buddy trading the #3 to get more picks since Buddy luvs to build threw the draft.....

T-Long
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM

I really don't think the Bills will go Peterson though. It's either a QB, or DL....
I can see Chan and Buddy trading the #3 to get more picks since Buddy luvs to build threw the draft.....
While I agree with the talent, this would definitely play into the BPA category. But, I hate the "trade down" scenarios because they rarely happen in the top 5. But maybe it would become more prevalent if a rookie pay scale is put in place. I wouldn't mind if we dropped some and picked up a bunch more picks. We need them.

tampabay25690
01-03-2011, 09:19 PM
While I agree with the talent, this would definitely play into the BPA category. But, I hate the "trade down" scenarios because they rarely happen in the top 5. But maybe it would become more prevalent if a rookie pay scale is put in place. I wouldn't mind if we dropped some and picked up a bunch more picks. We need them.

Agree.
Im really starting to warm up to the idea of Cam Newton.......
The people that think they are Mel Kiper and compare him to J russel have no idea what they are talking about at all.......
J. Russel did not take over all of college ball like Newton did.........
This guy is the real deal.......

YardRat
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm good with Peterson. If I'm the one pulling the trigger, though, it would be tough to pass up on Dareus.

scartown
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Probably BPA at 3. Wouldn't mind the pick.

psubills62
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
At this point, it's a toss-up for me between Peterson and Dareus. I'd be fine with either one.

Mad Max
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM

I would be pissed. I do not want to see another fkin DB drafted by this team in the first round. We've been there done that how many times? and where did it get us?

We got a couple of hits in Clements and Winfield...but neither was a Revis, Polamalu, Reed type game changer.

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
GOD NO not another DB in the first round. Please.

baalworship
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM
If we took another CB with all the talented big D-Linemen there I would turn off my television in disgust.

Bmax
01-04-2011, 12:16 AM
No corner can cover for six plus seconds or more .. Which is what the DEf give the other team.. We have no pass rush.. QB, DL or rush olb are the only positions the Bills should consider..
That leaves...the following players

Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Newton, Gabbert and Quinn...One of those guys should be a Bill..

nobody is really talking about Bowers...He would upgrade our pass rush....the guy is a beast ...

If we wait tord 2 for a qb our chance of finding a franchise guy is greatly reduced...

Night Train
01-04-2011, 03:25 AM
He's talented but the best coverage is pressure from your Front 7.

patmoran2006
01-04-2011, 04:20 AM
I don't put anything past Buddy Nix.. Sub out Peterson and insert Spiller last year.. Nobody thought we'd take a RB when we already had Lynch and Jackson, and our front seven was pretty ****ty in 2009 as well---and many argued we needed a "franchise" QB, just like some do now.

Personally, I'd pass.. Dont want him. My feeling (for now) is a Front seven STUD with the third overall pick and you come back with the QB early in round two that you can develop for 1 or 2 years behind Fitz as the starter.

X-Era
01-04-2011, 06:09 AM

I can see Chan and Buddy trading the #3 to get more picks since Buddy luvs to build threw the draft.....I think he's headed to Denver. Champ Bailey may not be back and Perrish Cox has a criminal charge against him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/16/perrish-cox-sex-abuse-doc_n_797874.html

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2011/jan/03/bc-fbn-broncos-notebook/?sports&nfl

SquishDaFish
01-04-2011, 06:16 AM
I wouldnt be mad at the pick. He seems to me to be the best CB coming out in a LONG time. But I want Luck or one of the DEs but like I said I wouldnt be mad at the pick. I also think Luck goes #1 and Peterson goes #2 to Denver. Carolina maybe trading out and Denver possibly taking Green

DraftBoy
01-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't put anything past Buddy Nix.. Sub out Peterson and insert Spiller last year.. Nobody thought we'd take a RB when we already had Lynch and Jackson, and our front seven was pretty ****ty in 2009 as well---and many argued we needed a "franchise" QB, just like some do now.

Personally, I'd pass.. Dont want him. My feeling (for now) is a Front seven STUD with the third overall pick and you come back with the QB early in round two that you can develop for 1 or 2 years behind Fitz as the starter.

????

There were more than a few people who thought it was possible. I know I had said it was possible along with Doc, Mystic, Mahdi and more than a handful of others.

On Coach Sal's draft preview show both myself, and admarc from another site all agreed Spiller was a great pick for the Bills in that mock.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Hell, I knew they were taking Spiller a week before the draft.

He was the 3rd overall player on their board behind Suh and (I think) Trent Williams or Okung.

It was hardly a shock.

X-Era
01-04-2011, 07:46 AM
????

There were more than a few people who thought it was possible. I know I had said it was possible along with Doc, Mystic, Mahdi and more than a handful of others.

On Coach Sal's draft preview show both myself, and admarc from another site all agreed Spiller was a great pick for the Bills in that mock.You can throw me into the list:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=190639&highlight=spiller

Check the date.

k-oneputt
01-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Congratulations we can put you guys in the same class as the Bills front office. Nothing to be proud of as they proved again.
Qb or d-line should be the only possible picks this year at #3.

jamze132
01-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Hell, I thought they were going to take Spiller too. And I don't know my head from my ass when it comes to the game of football.

psubills62
01-04-2011, 08:28 AM
No corner can cover for six plus seconds or more .. Which is what the DEf give the other team.. We have no pass rush..

I completely agree that we need to upgrade our pass rush. However, I've seen plenty of times this season when QB's have thrown quick passes to their receivers and our CB's and safeties have not been covering them well. Our DB's need to be upgraded just as much as other areas.

Beebe's Kid
01-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Peterson would be a good pick. I don't know if it would be the impact player that this team needs, but he is a good player, and should have a great career.

One poster mentioned 6 seconds of coverage...he's right. McKelvin may not be as bad as most think. I thought he looked damn good in coverage, especially if the QB and WR didn't have 8 seconds for the play to fall apart, then reform. Florence, in my opinion, will be resigned. McGee is also a damn good CB, if he can stay on the field.

My opinion at defensive back would be to sign some good depth from FA. That is probably dreaming, but if we could get a 4-5 year player that is borderline starter, I would be happy with that. SS is going to need to be addressed. Everybody has an opinion on why Whitner was so bad, but if he's gone, we are going to feel that in the running game, which is awesome as that is already our strength.

I like Dareus, but I will trust Buddy's discretion.

I think that having spent a year with this team is going to make a great difference for the tandem of Buddy/Chan. They have a few bigger contracts scaling down, or coming off of the books all together, and they have major cap room. I think we are going to see a drastic overhaul this off season.

The biggest problem is the CBA. It is fun to talk about possible FA's and the draft, and all of course all of the the self-entitled pissing and moaning, but no CBA, no season.

EDS
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Hell, I knew they were taking Spiller a week before the draft.

He was the 3rd overall player on their board behind Suh and (I think) Trent Williams or Okung.

It was hardly a shock.

That is frightening if that is what their board really looked like.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2011, 08:59 AM
That is frightening if that is what their board really looked like.

Why? What was your board at draft time and be honest. Spiller was one of the top prospects in the draft we didnt reach for him at all thats for sure. He was BPA where we were. Did it work out for us so far NO will it yea I think so. Was it a player of need for us Not really but in my mind you go BPA at any time in the draft.

Extremebillsfan247
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
There's no way we would go CB that high. We aren't the Raiders here. lol

DraftBoy
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Congratulations we can put you guys in the same class as the Bills front office. Nothing to be proud of as they proved again.
Qb or d-line should be the only possible picks this year at #3.

Fallacy again.

Just because most people were able to put two and two together and figure things out doesnt mean they wanted or supported the pick. I know Doc particularly wanted McClain at that pick if avail.

I loved the pick, still think it was a good move, and anybody who chooses to judge that pick based on only one season is just wrong. Just like saying only two positions are acceptable choices this season.

don137
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I think Buddy will take the best player available just like they did with Spiller no matter the position.

blln4lyf
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
????

On Coach Sal's draft preview show both myself, and admarc from another site all agreed Spiller was a great pick for the Bills in that mock.

I actually bet on them taking him with 1:6 odds and ended up winning some decent cash. Once you realized that both Nix and Gailey mentioned a waterbug type HB would help them, saw how high most had Spiller rated and saw how most expected Spiller to drop to the bills mainly because of his position it wasn't really much of a strech..just took some insight into the Nix/Gailey's thoughts.

EDS
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Why? What was your board at draft time and be honest. Spiller was one of the top prospects in the draft we didnt reach for him at all thats for sure. He was BPA where we were. Did it work out for us so far NO will it yea I think so. Was it a player of need for us Not really but in my mind you go BPA at any time in the draft.

I do not have a draft board but certaintly would have selected Suh, Bradford, McCoy, Okung, McClain and Berry before Spiller.

I wanted the Bills to get McClain.

bflojohn
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe Peterson can be our leading tackler! It depends on what defensive level you want to stop the run, personally, I'm all for stopping it at the line of scrimmage folks. Fairley and Darius are probably the best options for that end. Not to mention that the pass rush makes ALL cornerbacks look tons better in the long run!!

k-oneputt
01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe Peterson can be our leading tackler! It depends on what defensive level you want to stop the run, personally, I'm all for stopping it at the line of scrimmage folks. Fairley and Darius are probably the best options for that end. Not to mention that the pass rush makes ALL cornerbacks look tons better in the long run!!

Way to much for these guys to comprehend. They want to build outside in with the bpa theory. You know the one where we pick db's, wr's, and rb's for a decade. Yeah, how has that worked out ??????
D-line or qb are the only options at the 3rd pick or this team will continue to lose. The leading rb in the league was a free agent. Dime a dozen.

TheBrownBear
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Guy is the truth. Would give the Bills a Woodson/Bailey/Revis type corner who could take away an entire side of the field in the passing game. I wouldn't complain. But I won't complain if we get one of those big beasties for the front seven either.