X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

I hate to say this but...

I feel like a bad fan for saying this, but I wish we would've lost more games. After seeing Andrew Luck shred VaTech last night, I was left w/ a feeling of regret that we are more than likely going to miss out on drafting a true franchise QB. I know there is still Newton, Gabbert, and/or Mallet, and if we go defense, Bowers, Darius, and/or Fairley are all nice options, but none are even close to the feeling of promise that I would have w/ Luck on our side.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: I hate to say this but...

We might be able to still get him who knows.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by elltrain22
      I feel like a bad fan for saying this, but I wish we would've lost more games. After seeing Andrew Luck shred VaTech last night, I was left w/ a feeling of regret that we are more than likely going to miss out on drafting a true franchise QB. I know there is still Newton, Gabbert, and/or Mallet, and if we go defense, Bowers, Darius, and/or Fairley are all nice options, but none are even close to the feeling of promise that I would have w/ Luck on our side.
      I can understand your feelings. But at the same time, are people regretful that we missed out on Sam Bradford? He's a guy that I'd consider a franchise QB who was a very good prospect.

There are other guys out there who can help us get to the playoffs and possibly win a SB. We need to build a great team around whoever we get at QB.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Luck is going to Carolina with the first pick. Just cement him in there, it is a certainty. He is about as complete a QB prospect as has ever come into the league. He really has no weakness in his game. He is about as certain to go number 1 as any player in history.

I think Gabbert goes top 10 as well. Newton will go mid-first round at the latest. I am not as certain about Mallett, who some like a lot more than me.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
          Luck is going to Carolina with the first pick. Just cement him in there, it is a certainty. He is about as complete a QB prospect as has ever come into the league. He really has no weakness in his game. He is about as certain to go number 1 as any player in history.

I think Gabbert goes top 10 as well. Newton will go mid-first round at the latest. I am not as certain about Mallett, who some like a lot more than me.
          I hope people remember this post and bump it. Because I have a strong feeling Carolina will either A. Trade down or take a surprise pick (not huge surprise but someone else in the top 3 rankings.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
            I hope people remember this post and bump it. Because I have a strong feeling Carolina will either A. Trade down or take a surprise pick (not huge surprise but someone else in the top 3 rankings.
            Luck is a complete prospect at the most important position in the game. Passing on him would be like passing on Elway.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Of course that all depends on who is the new coach. Other then my feeling I just dont see them spending another #1 on another QB.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Cant predict what Carolina will do until they have a coach.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Of course that all depends on who is the new coach. Other then my feeling I just dont see them spending another #1 on another QB.
                  You are underestimating how good a prospect Luck is. He has no real weakness coming out of college. Bradford was a much shakier prospect.

Luck is about as certain to go number one as any player I have ever seen. Carolina won't pass on him, nobody would. They aren't going to trade the pick, they are going to take their franchise QB.

That said, there are several other QBs out there. I think in the end, this will be a hell of a QB class.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    Cant predict what Carolina will do until they have a coach.
                    It doesn't matter. Luck is about as clear at #1 overall as you will find. If he declares, he goes #1. Guaranteed.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                      You are underestimating how good a prospect Luck is. He has no real weakness coming out of college. Bradford was a much shakier prospect.

Luck is about as certain to go number one as any player I have ever seen. Carolina won't pass on him, nobody would. They aren't going to trade the pick, they are going to take their franchise QB.

That said, there are several other QBs out there. I think in the end, this will be a hell of a QB class.
                      I agree with you all the way on Luck and the QB class but I have a feeling Carolinas owner is not going to take another 1st round QB and spend the big bucks on 2 guys at same position unless they can trade Clausen. I have a strong feeling they are going to trade down and get some more good draft picks and have a strong draft.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Have they used a first round pick on QB since Kerry Collins? Clausen will be lucky to get an opportunity to compete for a back-up position.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

I agree with you all the way on Luck and the QB class but I have a feeling Carolinas owner is not going to take another 1st round QB and spend the big bucks on 2 guys at same position unless they can trade Clausen. I have a strong feeling they are going to trade down and get some more good draft picks and have a strong draft.
                          Clausen was not a first round pick and is not getting paid big bucks, so he is as easily discarded as a used tissue.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

If he didn't take him, he would be losing money. You forget how much franchise value and marketing is tied to having a marquee player. Andrew Luck is already a franchise player. They absolutely have to take this guy. He is already a pro QB. Seriously, there is zero chance Carolina doesn't take him.

Also, Clausen was a 2nd round pick. He makes chump change. Carolina had one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL this year. They have lots of money to spend. Seriously, this is no-brainer.

However, it is becoming apparent that there are several good QB prospects in this draft. There are going to be a bunch of QB who rise up the draft board before the draft, as teams realize there are guys who have a chance to be good enough to build your team around.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

Luck looked great but I would have liked to see him play a tougher game. That looked like a practice game with noone playing D.

PTR
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              4. All Religion should be taxed.
                              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                              6. F**k her gently.
                              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X