PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Free Agent listing

justasportsfan
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Don't know if this is precise or updated but here goes anyways.

DL

Defensive Tackles:

Haloti Ngata (BAL) - The contract Ngata will get from the Ravens this year probably still won’t be large enough to accommodate him as the league’s best defensive linemen who has been playing several years for far below his actual value. His impact on the Ravens defense is immeasurable and he’s made great strides as a pass rusher over the years as well. Ngata is a truly dominant football player.

Richard Seymour (OAK) – Seymour’s presence, production, and incalculable veteran leadership has helped spark a resurgence in Oakland. While initially displeased with the trade that brought him to the Raiders last year, Seymour has opened up to donning the silver and black long term. Al Davis has no problem spending money, so it would be a surprise if he didn’t have the highest offer on the table for Seymour, who has earned every penny he’ll see through his play this year.

Brandon Mebane (SEA) – At only 6’1, Mebane has the natural leverage and quickness to give interior linemen fits. He’s as underrated as they come and when you look at his numbers, it’s easy to see why he’s often snubbed when the discussion of the best defensive tackles comes up. Mebane has the work ethic and the tools to be a dominant defensive tackle for next decade and has been instrumental to the Seahawks’ run defense over the last 2 seasons.

Aubrayo Franklin (SF) – Though not as terrific as last year, Franklin had another strong season as the nose tackle for the 49ers. He was late to report to the Niners after they slapped him with the franchise tag. Franklin will be looking for his long-term extension this season and if the organization doesn’t reward him again this year, he’ll won’t hesitate to look elsewhere, as long as they don’t place the franchise tag on him yet again.

Pat Williams (MIN) – So much for the retirement talks of last offseason. Through recent comments, he already seems ready for next year and he’s already the league’s oldest defensive player. While the Vikings have had a disappointing season, Pat Williams has continued to play at a productive level. With a lot of upcoming free agents, it’ll be interesting to see how the front office approaches this offseason. Williams has predicted a “rough” transition for the team. Though he’s ready to return if the Vikings want him, he’s also open to going to another Super Bowl contender.

other positions

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

DraftBoy
01-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I wanna say Ngata signed an extension, not sure though.

RockStar36
01-04-2011, 11:16 AM
OMG BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!

ChristopherWalken
01-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Hilarious! Whitner doesn't even make the list of FA DBs.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/db.html

THRILLHO
01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I wanna say Ngata signed an extension, not sure though.

He did not. But I dont see him hitting the market.

hydro
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Can't fault them for it but Mike Williams of SEA just signed an extention over the weekend.

wmoz11
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Desmond Bishop (GB) signed an extension today.

mysticsoto
01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
People I'd like to see us go after in free agency:

Top Star:

DE: Cullen Jenkins (if his price isn't outrageous)

Notable fill-ins:

ILB: Desmond Bishop - Signed.
OG: Deuce Lutui
OT: Jeremy Trueblood

TrEd FTW
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Prepare yourselves for more Cornell Green-type players. Plan the parade.

X-Era
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Top Star:

Notable fill-ins:

I'd love to land guys like David Harris or Lamar Woodley, maybe Brandon Mebane or Jenkins as you said. And if Whitner is truly gone, a guy like Dawan Landry.

Harris would be my ideal signee.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
since nix wants to build through the draft i think guys like matt spaeth, tony mcdaniel, eric weddle are more likely....

if we do go after 1 big time fa, i want paul soliai!

Ickybaluky
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't know if you are going to find a complete listing, but there are going to be a ton of FA available this season if they extend the CBA. It maybe the best FA class in history, given how many guys got screwed last year.

We will see how many guys get re-upped prior to a FA period starting if the new CBA is agreed upon, but either way there are going to be a lot of attractive FA this year.

There are a lot of teams that cleaned up their cap last year as well, writing off bad contracts and not spending as much because the FA class overall was weak.

So this year is going to have one of the most talented FA classes and a lot of teams with money to spend. That is a recipe for big contracts, another reason why the CBA should get done.

Ed
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
What's Pat Williams doing on that list? I thought Tom Donahoe said he was washed up like 7 years ago.

alohabillsfan
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
since nix wants to build through the draft i think guys like matt spaeth, tony mcdaniel, eric weddle are more likely....

I know you have said his name a 100 times already but.....

Is he a restrited free agent?

k-oneputt
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Harris should already be here except I believe we selected Poz a couple of spots in front of him. Another great pick.

Ngata doesn't "fit the system", don't you remember. and we went the bpa route because we needed a cover-2 safety.

We got a bunch of idots year after year running the show. Time will tell if we can add Nix/Gailey to our list. And so far they are not exactly lighting it up.

At least Gailey is a much better gameday coach then the Yalie.

Mad Max
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM

I know you have said his name a 100 times already but.....

Is he a restrited free agent?

He's a bigass biscuit eatin' athletic NT...who just happens to be a Samoan. That's one thing we've been missing, a badass Samoan (seems like every great team has at least one).

Anyway according to this article he will either be an UFA or a RFA depending on hwat happens with the CBA. As I can't see the FA rules being switched to the detriment of current NFL players he will become an UFA in all likelihood this offseason.

So I agree with John "I'm not Mitchell" Dellaplle from Michigan that he would be a good pickup.

better days
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Top Star:

Notable fill-ins:

I would love to see the Bills sign Trueblood for RT. He is a young guy that only lost his position because of injury & the Bucs found a younger, cheaper replacement that plays as well as he did.

X-Era
01-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I would love to see the Bills sign Trueblood for RT. He is a young guy that only lost his position because of injury & the Bucs found a younger, cheaper replacement that plays as well as he did.Not a huge fan of Trueblood, I'd rather look to the draft, a good prospect could fall out of the 1st and the 4th round looks to be another area with guys like Zeimba and Hairston that could find us a solid prospect.

A guy I wouldn't mind would be Zack Miller, TE, Oak.

But I'd love David Harris.

I also like Barry Coefield.

methos4ever
01-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Here's a listing with a bit more. Some may be missing:

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011-nfl-free-agents/

psubills62
01-04-2011, 05:40 PM
No thanks to Soliai. He'll be looking for a big contract and it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that he finally played well in a contract year.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
No thanks to Soliai. He'll be looking for a big contract and it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that he finally played well in a contract year.

he played very well last year...