PDA

View Full Version : Bring in Cable to coach our OL

Mahdi
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
This is the guy we need to get our run blocking on track.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't like that trashy scum. Punching assistants, beating woman. Oakland's OL wasn't anything special.

Mahdi
01-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I don't like that trashy scum. Punching assistants, beating woman. Oakland's OL wasn't anything special.
One of the top running teams in the NFL and that was with a mediocre passing game. Cable knows how to coach an OL.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-05-2011, 07:23 AM
They were brutal at pass protection though. Both QBs got hurt and were being assaulted all year.

Mahdi
01-05-2011, 07:27 AM
They were brutal at pass protection though. Both QBs got hurt and were being assaulted all year.
That is because their OTs are brutal in pass pro. I find what they did in terms of a run game is more impressive considering their passing game was weak.

DraftBoy
01-05-2011, 07:46 AM
That is because their OTs are brutal in pass pro. I find what they did in terms of a run game is more impressive considering their passing game was weak.

So he gets praise for the line being good at run blocking but gets no criticism for them failing at pass pro?

Did they change out their OT's between running and passing plays?

The reason the Raiders offense was successful is because of Hue Jackson, not Tom Cable.

Mahdi
01-05-2011, 07:52 AM
So he gets praise for the line being good at run blocking but gets no criticism for them failing at pass pro?

Did they change out their OT's between running and passing plays?

The reason the Raiders offense was successful is because of Hue Jackson, not Tom Cable.
Pretty sure you are aware that pass blocking and run blocking are two different things. You can coach up a so so line to be great at run blocking with schemes. But if a guy can't block a pass rusher 1v1 there is not much you can do. Some OTs are just bad at pass blocking.

I think Cable has always been able to get the Raiders OL to run block well and we need that.