• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

BN: Maybin to try to change Bills' minds

The Buffalo News

"It's been very difficult. It's been very frustrating," Maybin said. "A few years ago I probably wouldn't be mature enough to go through a time like this where almost nothing has gone right. As frustrated as you may be as an individual, as tough as things may get for you personally, in the grand scheme of things you're just another piece of the puzzle.

"Being able to grasp that as much as possible and try to understand some of the things that they're trying to do and some of the things that I need to improve on, that's what I try to shift my focus towards."

Maybin acknowledged that he has to get bigger and plans to add 10 to 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason. He also intends to devote more time to film study to get a better grasp of the defense and what is required of him in it.
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: BN: Maybin to try to change Bills' minds

Good to hear. I hope it works out. He seems like a good kid. It was our fault reaching.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

If he does add the weight he has a chance to turn his career around. This guy needs to dedicate himself to football over the offseason. He needs to study other pass rushers and what makes them good.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Adding 15 pounds of muscle mass in one offseason isn't the easiest thing. Well without drugs. 15 pounds can come on but if you're talking straight muscle.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I think the blames goes both ways. Shame on Jauron for drafting him and shame on Maybin for not doing enough physically and mentally to make himself a better player.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
            Adding 15 pounds of muscle mass in one offseason isn't the easiest thing. Well without drugs. 15 pounds can come on but if you're talking straight muscle.
            I think that is not hard at all for a guy with a 6'4 240 pound frame. He is listed at 250 but that is not real.

Proper eating and a good program he can gain that weight in 4 months.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi
              I think that is not hard at all for a guy with a 6'4 240 pound frame. He is listed at 250 but that is not real.

Proper eating and a good program he can gain that weight in 4 months.
              He doesnt even look 240 to be honest.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

call Merriman and get the number to his dealer he's gonna need help
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• tomz
                  • Feb 2007

When I look at Maybin's play, it looks like he needs to work to understand the concept of leverage and work on his pass rush moves. Compare his play to Moats', who is really only about 10 pounds heavier if I recall.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                    • May 2007

We hear this every offseason from some jackoff

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

He doesnt even look 240 to be honest.
                      I would say 240 is fair. In 2009 there is no way he was more than 230 but he added some weight and I think 240 looks right.

Still not enough for an OLB though. He needs the weight in his butt and his legs.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tomz
                        When I look at Maybin's play, it looks like he needs to work to understand the concept of leverage and work on his pass rush moves. Compare his play to Moats', who is really only about 10 pounds heavier if I recall.
                        Yeah Moats is only about 10 pounds heavier but he is also 2 inches shorter. So he packs more weight into a smaller frame which makes him more explosive.

Maybin does not have the right height-weight ratio going right now which is why he has trouble out-leveraging and bull rushing.

Comment

• Jaybird
                          • Dec 2005

I'll believe it when i see it... right now it's all talk

see you next season Maybin

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

The kid hit the lottery. He'll be out of football within 3 years. Hope he budgeted those millions to last his lifetime.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

True but what else does he have to do? That is his job. He has all day every day to devote to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X