X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Last year for no rookie pay scale?

I have been listening to the sports radio station in Charlotte the past few days. Mushin Muhammed who has his own radio show said yesterday he talked to his agent and the word is the 2011 draft appears to be the last draft with no rookie pay scale and one will be phased in starting next year.
    Mike Florio was on the radio this morning and he said the exact same thing.
    If this comes to fruition this could be a deep draft due to a lot of underclassmen coming out. Sucks that New England has so many picks in this draft. It also means some great talent should be there in round 2 for the Bills pick and they will have a great opportunity to trade down a few spots for more picks if they desire.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Last year for no rookie pay scale?

Originally posted by don137
    I have been listening to the sports radio station in Charlotte the past few days. Mushin Muhammed who has his own radio show said yesterday he talked to his agent and the word is the 2011 draft appears to be the last draft with no rookie pay scale and one will be phased in starting next year.
    Mike Florio was on the radio this morning and he said the exact same thing.
    If this comes to fruition this could be a deep draft due to a lot of underclassmen coming out. Sucks that New England has so many picks in this draft. It also means some great talent should be there in round 2 for the Bills pick and they will have a great opportunity to trade down a few spots for more picks if they desire.
    Go back and check the Pats record, double the picks hasn't equaled double the hits, more like double the duds.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

no team will sign their players until the new CBA is established so this will be the first year WITH a rookie cap

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
        Go back and check the Pats record, double the picks hasn't equaled double the hits, more like double the duds.
        Yet... they went 14-2 with the youngest team in the AFC playoff field. Go figure.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
          Yet... they went 14-2 with the youngest team in the AFC playoff field. Go figure.
          That is because they hit on 1 player, years ago.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
            no team will sign their players until the new CBA is established so this will be the first year WITH a rookie cap
            Incorrect. If no agreement is in place then the current deal of no rookie scale will continue for this draft however it is likely in 2012 there will be a rookie scale.
            Andrew Luck's desire to lengthen his Stanford stay could be trumped by the threat of a rookie scale system.
            Last edited by don137; 01-05-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
              Thank you! People act like everything the Pats touch turns to gold.......they have just as many misses over since the hoodie has been there as hits........Brady is the main reason they can plug players into that offense and not miss a beat. Take a look at the defense over the years........it has been below average.
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
                I think Bradly, Bradney or Brady was that guys name?
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BidsJr
                  Matt Light?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I think the Patriots have had more hits than people realize. They have been very good picking up guys in the trenches. They seem to always lose quality guys in the secondary to free agency. The one area they dont do good at is the skill positions of RB and WR. Not sure they need to since they have Brady though. Even if they hit 50% of the time its better than Buffalo's track record and if they have two picks in each round and a 50% hit mark means they will get one good guy every round.
                    Last edited by don137; 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X