• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Make no mistake about it I want a QB at 3

Whoever is the best and available between Luck, Mallet, Gabbert, Newton, and Locker.

And for Luck if we can move up, go for it. If we can't grab the best of rest. I see 4 QB's going in first round. With QB needs in Carolina, SF, Buff, AZ, Minny, Wash, Mia, Tenn, Oak to name a few
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Make no mistake about it I want a QB at 3

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    Whoever is the best and available between Luck, Mallet, Gabbert, Newton, and Locker.

And for Luck if we can move up, go for it. If we can't grab the best of rest. I see 4 QB's going in first round. With QB needs in Carolina, SF, Buff, AZ, Minny, Wash, Mia, Tenn, Oak to name a few
    So, with looking at who sits right behind us, trading down and still getting the #2 QB (assuming Luck declares and goes #1) may not be possible. It really will all be determined by what the consensus rankings are for the other QB's. If most feel the #2 guy is worthy of a top 10 or top 5 pick, it becomes much more likely. But if most feel the next QB is only ranked late round 1, I don't see the Bills taking a QB at 3.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
      • May 2007

Originally posted by X-Era
      So, with looking at who sits right behind us, trading down and still getting the #2 QB (assuming Luck declares and goes #1) may not be possible. It really will all be determined by what the consensus rankings are for the other QB's. If most feel the #2 guy is worthy of a top 10 or top 5 pick, it becomes much more likely. But if most feel the next QB is only ranked late round 1, I don't see the Bills taking a QB at 3.
      I agree with you but we've been known to reach quite a bit on draft day. I'm really hoping that we will trade out of the 3rd

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

425 points allowed
        32nd vs the run

Yeah, keep wanting a QB.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

That's nice.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            425 points allowed
            32nd vs the run

Yeah, keep wanting a QB.
            What part of qb being the most important spot on a team do you not understand??

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Oh...I must have been mistaken...I had no idea that you wanted a QB. Now, if you just had any pull at all, or 800 mil, you opinion might mean something. If you don't you're going to have to join all of the othe half-baked fans that want always want a new QB. The good news is, nobody will make any mistake about it.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

What part of a decade without a franchise QB do you not get? Could that be a key to why we have not made postseason?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Yeah, lets reach for a some doucher NOT named Andrew Luck since Fitz did so poorly this year and our defense was so stellar, makes total sense! The dumbest thing we could do is pigeonhole our pick by saying we HAVE to take a QB with #3 overall, especially when every QB after Luck is quite suspect.

I see Mallett as a Cutler type...and while Cutler isnt bad, he isnt much better than Fitz IMO.
                  Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 01-05-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

he's much better than Fitz btw

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      Yeah, lets reach for a some doucher NOT named Andrew Luck since Fitz did so poorly this year and our defense was so stellar, makes total sense! The dumbest thing we could do is pigeonhole our pick by saying we HAVE to take a QB with #3 overall, especially when every QB after Luck is quite suspect.

I see Mallett as a Cutler type...and while Cutler isnt bad, he isnt much better than Fitz IMO.
                      dude, ryan mallett, cam newton, and blaine gabbert are all worthy of the 3rd pick. they are top 10 prospects.

if nix thinks one is a franchise qb, ala stafford, ryan, etc, YOU TAKE HIM, PERIOD

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Thanks for clearing this up. I had been making the mistake of thinking you didn't want a QB at 3.......

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                          dude, ryan mallett, cam newton, and blaine gabbert are all worthy of the 3rd pick. they are top 10 prospects.

if nix thinks one is a franchise qb, ala stafford, ryan, etc, YOU TAKE HIM, PERIOD
                          thats fine, I (unlike many on here) trust, for the most part, that Moody will get us talent with whomever we pick...he helped San Diego amass the most talent in the NFL, and most, if not all, through the draft. I trust that if they do think that one of those guys is worthy, so I'll be fine if we take one of them. I just personally dont think Mallett or Gabbert are worthy of a top 3 pick, but we'll see how it all boils down.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I also made the mistake you didn't want a QB....I FAIL

Comment

• Mathja
                              • Feb 2009

I'm not sure how much this impacts the team, but I also think the Bills truly lack an identity. There isn't really any player on this team that an NFL fan outside of Buffalo would automatically think of when the Bills come to mind. Cam Newton would instantly become the face of the Bills if he were drafted with the third pick. I'm not sure how that would translate on the field, but it could help with luring free agents, coaching, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X