PDA

View Full Version : Approval Poll: Buddy Nix

northernbillfan
01-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Yesterday over 70% approved of the job Gailey has done thus far.

Today let's hear what youhave to say about Buddy Nix.

Holding tough against Whitner and signing Merriman are some of the things he's been involved in over the past few weeks.

Thoughts.

psubills62
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
I said unsure again.

The 2010 draft needs more time to be able to say for certain. Did not like his decision to extend Kelsay, but I like that he refuses to pay Whitner big money when he hasn't deserved it.

I was closer to saying "yes" on Nix than on Gailey, though.

Ebenezer
01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
The 4-12 Bills could have beaten DJs 6-10 Bills. With a more reasonable schedule I think this team could have won 6 or 7. That's a step forward.

Philagape
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
It would be a yes if not for the Kelsay signing

SquishDaFish
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I said unsure as of now. I am leaning towards the Yes side because of whats going on thus far. I do like most of what hes done. But too early to tell I want to see how he does this offseason with FA and the draft and to see year 2 of this past draft.

justasportsfan
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Unsure too. Cant judge bumbling Nix in his first year.

bf1
01-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I completely disapprove of bumbling buddy nix.

He's plan to "build through the draft" is a pipe dream. He was with the team one full year before taking over as GM, so he didn't start from scratch. He should have known the needs.

Talent wise, the team is not better (maybe even worse) than it was a year before.

Bumbling Buddy gets an F- from me.

djjimkelly
01-05-2011, 09:46 AM
i said yes

this team is heading in the right direction for the first time in a good while.

only mistake hes made to me so far is the spiller pick.

however that is not a 100% failure yet. spiller can still turn it around

Novacane
01-05-2011, 09:54 AM
To early to tell.

Cleve
01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
It would be a yes if not for the Kelsay signing
My thought exactly. I also still question the Spiller signing since it seemed like just a flashy thing, whereas there were glaring deficiencies in the defense and offense that should have taken priority to correct but weren't given priority.

EDS
01-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I have doubts about Buddy's ability to get the job done. Hopefully, the 2010 draft class makes some major improvements in year two.

Who are the best players Nix has added to the roster?

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Still unsure, mostly because of the Kelsay signing. We need an impact free agent signing. Somewhere along one of the lines or in the linebacking corp.

Extremebillsfan247
01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Yesterday over 70% approved of the job Gailey has done thus far.

Today let's hear what youhave to say about Buddy Nix.

Holding tough against Whitner and signing Merriman are some of the things he's been involved in over the past few weeks.

Thoughts. Too early for that in my opinion. Ask again in 2 years when the final product is on the field and we see where we stand. Any sooner than that is bordering on prediction and not on production. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Still unsure, mostly because of the Kelsay signing. We need an impact free agent signing. Somewhere along one of the lines or in the linebacking corp.No matter who this team picks up in free agency, the guy is going to be labelled a problem, a bust, or a guy who can't play any more by the media simply because its Buffalo. Merriman is an excellent example of that. I think we should take the wait and see approach, see how it plays out. Right now its just too early in the process to give an accurate evaluation because this team really hasn't done anything yet. JMO

DraftBoy
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I said yes based on how quickly he was willing to bring new players, remove other ones and move on from clear mistakes (Trent Edwards), the Kelsay move still befuddles me but I liked out draft, and think it will pay major dividends in 2-3 years.

Jeff1220
01-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I voted approval for Chan because of how the team looked to improve despite the huge lack of talent. That lack of talent is a reflection on the FO and Nix. I voted unsure for Nix, but if he botches this offseason, I can and will decidedly move to the disapprove side of the argument.

shelby
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Two words: Bill Polian.

That, my friends, is a GM.

OpIv37
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
When the 2010 season started, on paper we were better at one position than we were in 2009: RB.

I was hoping that over the course of the season, players would emerge, but that didn't happen. Instead, we turned out to NOT be better at QB. Cornell Green was an epic failure. Andra Davis was OK and Dwan Edwards was decent, making Nix's first FA class pretty pathetic. None of the high picks in the draft really stood out, either. So, at the end of 2010, we are better than we were at the end of 2009 at the following positions:

DE with Edwards and the late emergence of Carrington
QB because Gailey was smart enough to do something with Fitzpatrick
WR because of some good UDFA's and Steve Johnson, who was already on the roster.

And truthfully, we could use upgrades at both QB and WR (since there is no true #1 yet), and we still need depth at DE.

When you look at this roster, after one full off-season and one full year to start developing a draft class, Nix has done nothing. The only position that is absolutely horrendous is LB, but every other position ranks from below average to slightly above average at best. Some positions are better off than others, but there is not a single position on this roster that is not in need of an upgrade.

Also, I don't like the way he handled the RB situation. We could have kept Lynch and drafted someone other than Spiller, or we could have traded Lynch on draft day and gotten someone who could have contributed/learned this year and been ready for next year. Instead, we drafted an average RB so we could trade an average RB for a player who won't help until 2011 at the earliest. I know, someone will step in and say "well hindsight is 20/20," but a lot of us were saying this back on draft day.

And re-signing Kelsay was a ****ing joke.

Nix has been a failure so far.

better days
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I voted yes, but I want to see the baby real soon.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Terrible draft.

Worse free agents.

Resigning Kelsay to ridiculous money and then giving his homegrown guy Merriman money?

Nothing of year one of the Buddy Nix experiment has been a success.

This team is worse today than it was last year at this time.

bf1
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
they don't call him bumbling buddy for nothing.

better days
01-05-2011, 07:39 PM
they don't call him bumbling buddy for nothing.

Who calls him that? You, Taylor.

naugem
01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Unsure.
Some young players and free agents seem to be developing, but I think (and thought at the time) that the Spiller pick was a mistake, when we didn't need a RB.