• Jul 2002

Re: Another mock, has us taking Gabbert

Rather have Fairley.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

I just dont feel comfortable with him, would be excited but concerned. i would stick with fitz and draft dareus...

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I don't mind this at all, although I'd be reluctant to have him start right away. Fitz could be an excellent mentor though.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

3. Bills -- Blaine Gabbert*, QB, Missouri

NFL teams have a lot to find out about Gabbert in the coming months. Can he make the adjustment from the wide-open spread offense at Missouri to the pro style?

the fact that he even asked that question makes me wonder how he has Gabbert being drafted at no. 3 overall. Shouldn't you think that a 3rd overall would not have any questionmarks about being able to make the adjustments from college to NFL?
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Prov401
            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
            • Aug 2008

Say no to Gabbert at 3.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Another mock that will be wrong in 3.5 months.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                the fact that he even asked that question makes me wonder how he has Gabbert being drafted at no. 3 overall. Shouldn't you think that a 3rd overall would not have any questionmarks about being able to make the adjustments from college to NFL?
                We run a spread type offense here frequently.

Bills spread.jpg

Mizzou spread.jpg

Another pic of Mizzou's set with a RB:

Mizzou spread 2.jpg

And yes, he has taken snaps from under center, just not very often.

Gabbert under center.jpg
                Last edited by X-Era; 01-05-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

You at least want as few questions as possible. My question with him isn't so much whether he can throw from a Pro style offsense, it is how he handles pressure.

I soured on him a bit after the Nebraska game. They came after him hard and heavy, and he didn't measure up He looked a bit like Brohm did last week, a half second too late on most of his passes.

He can make a quick throw, and has a quick release, but there's a difference between making a quick throw when you want to, as opposed to when you have to.

And this can go either way. It could be inexperience, or it could be that he's seeing everything a little too late. If it is the latter, he ends up like Brohm or like Losman. He could end up the guy that looks the part, but who's mind never slows things down enough for the speed of the NFL game.

With as little playing experience as he had, I don't know if you're going to get the answer before the draft. I think he is one that should have stayed in school another year. But I'm not him, nor his agent.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by cookie G
                    You at least want as few questions as possible. My question with him isn't so much whether he can throw from a Pro style offsense, it is how he handles pressure.

I soured on him a bit after the Nebraska game. They came after him hard and heavy, and he didn't measure up He looked a bit like Brohm did last week, a half second too late on most of his passes.

He can make a quick throw, and has a quick release, but there's a difference between making a quick throw when you want to, as opposed to when you have to.

And this can go either way. It could be inexperience, or it could be that he's seeing everything a little too late. If it is the latter, he ends up like Brohm or like Losman. He could end up the guy that looks the part, but who's mind never slows things down enough for the speed of the NFL game.

With as little playing experience as he had, I don't know if you're going to get the answer before the draft. I think he is one that should have stayed in school another year. But I'm not him, nor his agent.
                    I think he should have stayed too, but even if he had, Mizzou wouldn't quit running the spread. As far as whether he had enough experience, the extra year would have helped but he has more experience at a major school than Newton. He's been a starter and been successful for two full years. Would I like 4? sure. But I'm not that concerned about that.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Chris Brown just commented on it:

Chris thinks it's too early for him, and at this point, I agree. Lots left to happen still.

But if he thinks he will drop to the 2nd, I don't think that's likely at all.

Unless we move back up, if we skip him at 3, we won't get him at 34.

A move up from our 2nd (34th, 560 points) and with the addition of our 3rd (68th, 250 points) equals 810 points and puts us between pick 20 (850 points) and 21 (800 points). I don't think he will drop that far to be honest when all is said and done. To many teams need QB's.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 01-05-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

You really have to wonder how much of Gabbert Perloff's seen, dude is probably running with the rest of the herd. Can't really take most of these guys seriously.

Wish Daniel Jeremiah was still around, his draft coverage last season was excellent.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

If there is a QB (whoever it is) that is first round talent, the Bills should take that QB. Meaning if 3 is too high but the only other option is trading back into the first, they might as well just take him. They need a franchise QB and can't afford to get cute this draft.

D & S Sports

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                            I think he should have stayed too, but even if he had, Mizzou wouldn't quit running the spread. As far as whether he had enough experience, the extra year would have helped but he has more experience at a major school than Newton. He's been a starter and been successful for two full years. Would I like 4? sure. But I'm not that concerned about that.
                            My concern isn't that he is in the spread, my concern is how he looked under fire.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by cookie G
                              My concern isn't that he is in the spread, my concern is how he looked under fire.
                              He had shown some inconsistencies... but everyone except Luck has this year. I agree though that that is the issue I saw. To me it was the only real issue I saw and I think whether he is in school next year or learning behind a starter on an NFL team, he will further develop and will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X