X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Gailey bullish on Fitzpatrick for 2011

Buy on Ryan Fitzpatrick and a "multiple-front" defense.

Sell on Aaron Maybin and Donte Whitner.

"And I think our offensive line is going to be a lot better next year. I think we're going to be able to do better things with C.J. Spiller next year. ...

* On the offensive tackles: "I thought Demetrius [Bell] had an OK year. I didn't think he had a great year. And I know the injury, he couldn't practice Wednesdays at all the whole year, and again I'm not trying to make excuses for anybody but I'm just stating facts, he didn't practice on Wednesdays.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Gailey bullish on Fitzpatrick for 2011

He stated on the radio this AM that he 'loved' Fitz, but if a QB is there when we pick and you're convinced he's a 'franchise-type guy' you gotta take him.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      He stated on the radio this AM that he 'loved' Fitz, but if a QB is there when we pick and you're convinced he's a 'franchise-type guy' you gotta take him.
      And again, if you look at the comments, he simply is saying he can't (right now) picture anyone else starting the year off as the starter.

Even if we take a QB, I think that would still be true. That's not the same as saying Fitz is all we need and we won't take a QB.

Here was Gailey’s answer when asked if he could imagine a scenario where Fitz is not the starting QB next year?

“I don’t see that,” Gailey said. ”He’s played extremely well. He did an excellent job in the facets, not only playing, but leadership, the toughness that he brings to the game. Even if you looked at another scenario it doesn’t make a lot of sense right now. With what he has done for this football team and where we think we are headed as a football team I think he’ll be the starting guy when we get going next year.”
      Last edited by X-Era; 01-05-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Fitz is not the answer at QB...PERIOD! I'm hoping that this organization knows that too.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

If nothing else, Gailey's answers are a breath of fresh air. He doesn't sugar coat things, and he doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it like it is.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Fitz is not the answer at QB...PERIOD! I'm hoping that this organization knows that too.
            Short term, yes he is. Long term, probably not, but that remains to be seen.
            Even if the Bills draft Luck, I don't see him being the opening day starter, unless Fitz gets hurt in preseason.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

I totally agree with you on this FL. When we draft a rookie he will learn behind Fitz for this year. Fitz will be the starter this year barring injuries and IMO he deserves it

Comment

• Tbuffalobills
                • Jan 2005

Fitz 2011- Cam Newton 2012
                San Diego Bills Fan!

Bills Fan in San Diego Since 1994!

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tbuffalobills
                  Fitz 2011- Cam Newton 2012
                  He's given several indications that he's declaring.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Wow, some people on this board are either very ignorant or just plain can't read. I said he isn't the answer to our QB problems, not that he won't be the starter at that beginning of next season. IMO, even if we did take a QB, Fitz would be the starter come the start of the season next year. After that, I want nothing to do with Fitz being the QB of this team...he has absolutely no upside.

Ehh...I'm not too sure why so many on here are so excited about this guy?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Wow, some people on this board are either very ignorant or just plain can't read. I said he isn't the answer to our QB problems, not that he won't be the starter at that beginning of next season. IMO, even if we did take a QB, Fitz would be the starter come the start of the season next year. After that, I want nothing to do with Fitz being the QB of this team...he has absolutely no upside.

Ehh...I'm not too sure why so many on here are so excited about this guy?
                      We are excited over him because hes done more at the QB position then we have had in years. Hes at least an upgrade to what we have had here in Buffalo. Do we need a franchise young QB to groom behind him hell yes but Fitz doesnt suck by any means

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
                        We are excited over him because hes done more at the QB position then we have had in years. Hes at least an upgrade to what we have had here in Buffalo. Do we need a franchise young QB to groom behind him hell yes but Fitz doesnt suck by any means
                        This is no reason to just assume we can pass on potential franchise QB at #3, just because Fitz sucked less then what we've had in the past. Also, go look at Fitz's stats towards the end of the season...those are more Fitz like and should tell everybody what we have. I'm sorry, I can't get excited over a less mediocre QB then the other mediocre QBs we've had.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Many people are going to be disappointed when the Bills don't select one of the top 5 QB's.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

This is no reason to just assume we can pass on potential franchise QB at #3, just because Fitz sucked less then what we've had in the past. Also, go look at Fitz's stats towards the end of the season...those are more Fitz like and should tell everybody what we have. I'm sorry, I can't get excited over a less mediocre QB then the other mediocre QBs we've had.
                            Like I said I agree we need a good young stud QB to groom. But if Luck is not there for us to pick or we dont trade up to get him then we cant just reach for a QB because we could use one. Get one in the 2nd round or trade back into 1st to get one

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Many people are going to be disappointed when the Bills don't select one of the top 5 QB's.
                              And so will you and every other fan when Fitz proves to be a backup and we have nobody to play behind him. Oh, and when the defensive player doesn't have the major impact that many believe he will...it just doesn't usually happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X