PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: ****Ryan Mallett Bowl Game Scouting Thread****

stuckincincy
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Forked from: ****Ryan Mallett Bowl Game Scouting Thread**** (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3393354)

ok here's my take for what it's worth. I assume Mallett will come out but IMO he'd do well to stay for his senior year. Yeah he has a gun and that fade pass for the TD was amazing but what I saw was a very inconsistent QB, not ready for prime time. Any comparison to Luck other than arm strength (which Mallett has a lot more of) is absurd.

Yeah his recievers dropped a bunch of balls but many of them were thrown much harder than they needed to be and made the catches harder. His accuracy went the full gammut from off the charts great to off the charts bad. He seemed confused out there frequently, misread many coverages including the deciding pick at the end and his pocket presence was very average. He could not throw on the move at all accurately. The comparisons to border line hall of famers like Bledsoe and Warner are LOL at this point, Mallet is a poor man's Drew Bledsoe at best. People say they win in a romp without the drops? Hmmm...I'd say without the emergence of the running game which got Arkansas back in it, it might have been a romp for OSU.

I see him as an early 2nd rounder. Zero chance I'd take a chance on him in round 1. There will be some boom/bust type QB's that will slip in this draft to round 2 and he could be one of them. I said this last year about Clausen and people laughed at me. I do like Mallett much better than Clausen who I didn't want period but there is significant bust potential with Mallett. I see a guy with oversized confidence in his arm that is going to throw a lot of balls to the other team. Luck I see as a more mobile Peyton Manning. His arm strength isn't quite as good as Manning's but that could still develop as it did with Brady. But Luck is very accurate and he has a feather touch on the ball, very very catchable.

I thought TCU's Dalton had a good game. My guess is that he moved up a notch in the draft.

Wasn't really impressed with Mallett.

Manning - I'm surprised he's still around. He has run his phony snap counts for years and years. Were I a division rival, I'd roll the dice and go after him on every play and break his smugness into little pieces. I'd even suffer the league sanctions for touching the Chosen One...:beers: