PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young to hit the market

mightysimi
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
The Titans appear to have picked coach Jeff Fisher over Vince Young.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/bud-adams-chooses-jeff-fisher-over-vince-young/

Tbuffalobills
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
No way! His attitude is bad! Plus I'd rather take Newton and develop him

The Spaz
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Not just no but **** no!

BillsWin
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Good choice by the Titans. Fisher over Young was the only way to go given those two choices.

No to Young to Buffalo though if that's what is going to be implied with this thread.

Mad Max
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't want a guy who my pet boxer could outsmart as our signal caller.

SquishDaFish
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
HELL NO in BUFFALO!!

mightysimi
01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh hell no is that the implication of this thread. Please go back to my multiple rants on running QB's to show why. I'm just adding this for discussion sake.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
The Titans appear to have picked coach Jeff Fisher over Vince Young.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/bud-adams-chooses-jeff-fisher-over-vince-young/Two things:

1) You can add the Titans who pick 8 to the list of top 10 teams that would think about taking a QB. If we want the #2 QB, trading down is has become a little less doable to still get him.

2) I have no interest in Young. I have never felt he's that great and I don't think his character concerns are worth his upside which to me is not playoff or SB bound.

kingJofNYC
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm in the minority, I definitely have interest in Young. Getting a QB in this draft is going to be tough, we either have to reach at 3 or get back in the top 15-20, and we'd probably still be reaching.

wozrob11
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
espn just reported tenn to part ways with vince young

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
merged.

wozrob11
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
i was to slow delete me please

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
i was to slow delete me pleaseIts all good.

madness
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Jay_Glazer Basically, team brass had grown very tired of VY's immaturity and they opened Adams' eyes to how much of an effect he was having on team

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Jay_Glazer Basically, team brass had grown very tired of VY's immaturity and they opened Adams' eyes to how much of an effect he was having on teamI could see a team like Oakland, Washington, or even Cinnci looking at him.

THRILLHO
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
We have SO many needs. Ill get flamed, but w/e:

Bring him in so we can use our first round pick on DEFENSE. He turns out to be just as immature and crappy as we all think, then we can draft our guy next year.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
We have SO many needs. Ill get flamed, but w/e:

Bring him in so we can use our first round pick on DEFENSE. He turns out to be just as immature and crappy as we all think, then we can draft our guy next year.Fitz is a FA next year as well. So we then need to draft our guy and start him right away? With a likely lower pick? Or should we resign Fitz to a long term, starting QB contract?

PromoTheRobot
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm in the minority, I definitely have interest in Young. Getting a QB in this draft is going to be tough, we either have to reach at 3 or get back in the top 15-20, and we'd probably still be reaching.

So why get a flame-out like Young? Seriously.

PTR

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Kerry Collins had comparable numbers in each of his games to Fitz in each of his. He started 7 games and averaged about what Fitz did... the per game numbers are almost identical. Yet the Titans realize they need to find a quarterback still... Interesting.

THRILLHO
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Fitz is a FA next year as well. So we then need to draft our guy and start him right away? With a likely lower pick? Or should we resign Fitz to a long term, starting QB contract?

Good point. But maybe Vince pans out. Everyone keeps saying Gailey makes good use of mobile QBs, and that is Vince. Im not saying he is great, or that he will even be a good QB. Either way, you take a risk. I would rather risk it with Vince, and get a stud defensive guy with our first pick, rather than use that first pick on a QB that may or may not do well for us in the next five years.

Slim
01-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I could see him in Minnesota, Arizona, or Oakland. Even the Niners depending on whose coaching.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Good point. But maybe Vince pans out. Everyone keeps saying Gailey makes good use of mobile QBs, and that is Vince. Im not saying he is great, or that he will even be a good QB. Either way, you take a risk. I would rather risk it with Vince, and get a stud defensive guy with our first pick, rather than use that first pick on a QB that may or may not do well for us in the next five years.To me, assuming either a QB or a DL becomes a stud, the franchise QB trumps the stud DL.

I'd be happy with either, but I'd rather have the franchise QB.

Young isn't that and it's just a waste of money. We already have a average vet.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
He'll be a Raider/Niner.Niners is interesting. If it's Harbaugh, I can't see Young. I would see them adding a vet and drafting a guy. I think Orton would be more likely.

THRILLHO
01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
To me, assuming either a QB or a DL becomes a stud, the franchise QB trumps the stud DL.

I'd be happy with either, but I'd rather have the franchise QB.

Young isn't that and it's just a waste of money. We already have a average vet.

The stud DL helps us out much faster than finding the franchise QB. I guess my main argument is draft defense for our first pick, I dont care if V. Young comes here or not.

THRILLHO
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I could see him in Minnesota, Arizona, or Oakland.

Possibly Miami also.

Nighthawk
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I have no interest in him...too mental.

kingJofNYC
01-05-2011, 06:49 PM

PTR

Because it'll cost next to nothing, and he'll be motivated to get his **** together or he'll quickly find his way out of the league.

Low risk, high reward scenario.

TacklingDummy
01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
What's his record as starter?

Luisito23
01-05-2011, 07:07 PM
4th. rounder, why not?

better days
01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
4th. rounder, why not?

I would be on board with the 4th the Bills got for Lynch.

Michael82
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Smart move by the Titans. I thought they were going to be stupid and part ways with Jeff Fisher over Vince Young.

better days
01-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Smart move by the Titans. I thought they were going to be stupid and part ways with Jeff Fisher over Vince Young.

According to the article they still may part with Fisher. He is the longest tenured HC in the NFL but has not really done anything but get them to the Super Bowl once with the forward lateral play.

JCBills
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Kerry Collins had comparable numbers in each of his games to Fitz in each of his. He started 7 games and averaged about what Fitz did... the per game numbers are almost identical. Yet the Titans realize they need to find a quarterback still... Interesting.

Collins is 10 years older. Not saying we don't need a long term answer, but the example that was used isn't a great one.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Collins is 10 years older. Not saying we don't need a long term answer, but the example that was used isn't a great one.It's a comparison of the numbers.

JCBills
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
It's a comparison of the numbers.

Yeah, but all factors need to be considered.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, but all factors need to be considered.So if he was 28 with those numbers, the Titans wouldn't be looking?

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
It's good to know that we're not the only ones who screw up on our 1st round picks.

YardRat
01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
That guy goes Boom-Bust-Boom-Bust quicker than any player I can think of in recent memory.

Jason15215
01-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Y trade for him.. Wouldnt that stick a team with his 2011 salary of 8.5 million dollars which is about a 7 million dollar overpayment. They will be forced to cut him since there is no way in heck someone will pay him that kind of money

TrEd FTW
01-05-2011, 09:49 PM

PTR

Yeah, he really flamed out with that 99 QB rating, didn't he?

JCBills
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
So if he was 28 with those numbers, the Titans wouldn't be looking?

Not what I said, I pointed out that we do need a long term answer.

imbondz
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Vince Young is the opposite of what we're hopefully trying to build

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
i was to slow delete me please
Chin up there, bucco. You're intentions were good, don't be so hard on yourself.

Fisher over Young is stupid. Not because of how great Young is, but Fisher is ****. People act like he is a great coach...the guy hasn't done **** for a long time.

I could only imagine if we gave a coach that long...

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
That guy goes Boom-Bust-Boom-Bust quicker than any player I can think of in recent memory.
It goes in cycles because the guy is bipolar. I am not saying that with whatever social conotations there are for that now, but form literal mental health viewpoint. What happened to this guy is sad. I hope, for his sake, that he can get this under control. True manic depression is a horrible thing.

This thread is hilarious. Young has actually been a damn good QB most if the time. He wins. That's more important to me than if he can run or not.

The dude that says "read my rants on running QBs..." there is no need to. It's ****ing ******ed to say that because a guy can run that he can't be a good QB. ****ing ******ed. I can't stand Vick because he is an *******, but henisna damn good QB. The fact that they can run usually just means they have great athletic ability...which if you consider that a detriment to a professional athlete...I don't know how to defend it.

Did I really see a Kerry Collins/Fitz comparrison? Wow. Numbers are not even that comparable when you are talking only 7 games. That is what people would say 9/10 times, when talking logically. Trying to make a case for drafting a QB leads people to act so strange. It is funny that the QB crowd is so chippy...like they are really selling the idea. It is getting borderline delusional.

Well, here's to another decade of mediocrity in Tennessee. Keeping Fisher is good for us, and other teams looking to make a move in the AFC.

FlyingDutchman
01-05-2011, 11:11 PM
the guy might be a moron and a vagina at times but he finds ways to win games...id be willing to take him in and hope he matures. We suck, what could it possibly hurt

TacklingDummy
01-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Vince Young is the opposite of what we're hopefully trying to build
I winner at every level?

Mission accomplished then.

airdog32
01-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Collins is also 35 and not getting any younger Fitz still has his best in front of him!

Mr. Pink
01-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Young's best fit is in Philly.

He can run the offense the same as Vick. Vick has been through personal problems and so far has shown he has overcome them. He could mentor Vince for a year or two to emerge above his problems on a personal level and teach him the importance of focusing on the game of football.

After a year or two of this basically training, Vince might learn and understand that in order to be successful 100% of the time he has to dedicate himself fully to the game...if not his maturity act will wear thin and he'll hop backup job to backup job before no one will want any part of him.

He has all the talent in the world and just as difficult to gameplan as Vick. His problem, like Michaels, was the mental part of the position.

Extremebillsfan247
01-06-2011, 05:25 AM
There will be a market for him. There are several teams needing QBs. I'm not too sure Vince Young would be in this teams plans though even though we happen to be one of those teams needing one. Gailey and company feel pretty confident in Fitz for a short term answer at the position. The Bills are looking for a future long term guy to put behind him. Young doesn't fit that roll.

Mindbender
01-06-2011, 07:14 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here. He's a winning QB. Mobile. Yea, he has some off the field issues but why not take a flier on him? I wouldn't trade much (maybe 4th or 5th).

Would most of you change your minds if we were able to get him off waivers?

madness
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I think people are confusing Vince Young with Steve McNair.

Bill Cody
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I think people are confusing Vince Young with Steve McNair.

no Vince hasn't pissed anybody off that much. yet.

X-Era
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Out of 10 teams deemed a fit, BleacherReport says were number 1!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/564237-vince-young-top-10-teams-he-could-join-after-tennessee-titans#page/11

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah I seem to remember a whole ton of people saying "Hell No" to Vick. Young is a good QB and very talented. Things didn't work out in Tenn. that doesn't mean he is a burn out.

I think Young could actually fit Gailey's system very well. Sometimes we are very quick to dismiss people.

Bill Cody
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah I seem to remember a whole ton of people saying "Hell No" to Vick. Young is a good QB and very talented. Things didn't work out in Tenn. that doesn't mean he is a burn out.

I think Young could actually fit Gailey's system very well. Sometimes we are very quick to dismiss people.

So true. Count me as "exhibit A". I said "hell no" to the dog killer and I dismiss Young. Although I wouldn't mind picking up a free set of shoulder pads in the stands.