PDA

View Full Version : Claytons Grades...

SquishDaFish
01-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills): Grade: C
First-year coach Chan Gailey got the most out of his roster, including 23 touchdowns and 3,000 passing yards from Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8664), but the Bills didn't have the personnel to make the adjustment to a 3-4 defense and paid the price.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5988089

justasportsfan
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Clayton is a tool. He kept going about how the bills will be the first one to pick in the upcoming draft. Blah,blah ,blah. The bills surpassed his expectations and he should eat his crow.

Mad Max
01-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Clayton is a tool. He kept going about how the bills will be the first one to pick in the upcoming draft. Blah,blah ,blah. The bills surpassed his expectations and he should eat his crow.

he is a rusty tool, but in this instance I wish he was right.

EDS
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Yeah, he really whiffed on that with the Bills drafting 3rd!

TacklingDummy
01-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Sounds like the media even knows the Bills need major help on defense.

Saratoga Slim
01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I think he's spot on. Gailey got a reasonable amount of production out of a bad roster. But you don't give an A to a guy with a 4-12 record.

better days
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah, he really whiffed on that with the Bills drafting 3rd!

He wiffed because even after the team started to be competitive & were playing better football than the Seahawks but losing to better teams than the Seahawks were playing he continued to say how awful the Bills were while propping up the Hawks. The Bills would have finished ahead of them if they were in the AFC East.

BillsFever21
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM

We beat his expectations by having the 2nd worst record in the league. We really showed him. I wonder if he wants ketchup with it.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I haven't paid attention to John Clayton for a few years now.

He used to have the in's until Adam Schefter came around. Now Clayton is nothing but a speculating tool like all the rest of them.

psubills62
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't like Clayton, but his grade was pretty fair, especially for a 4-12 team. Both the other 4-win teams got F's.

justasportsfan
01-05-2011, 07:36 PM
We beat his expectations by having the 2nd worst record in the league. We really showed him. I wonder if he wants ketchup with it.

Its not that. I don't have a problem with his grade. He started with a prediction of 2-14 and as the season went along he went on to say we're most likely to go 0-16 and can't beat anyone.

ParanoidAndroid
01-06-2011, 05:13 AM
He wiffed because even after the team started to be competitive & were playing better football than the Seahawks but losing to better teams than the Seahawks were playing he continued to say how awful the Bills were while propping up the Hawks. The Bills would have finished ahead of them if they were in the AFC East.

The Bills would be division winners in the NFC West.